So happy but have new dilemmas!

elmaxie

Mummy to Nathan & Hannah.
Reaction score
First off Hi!

I havent been on for a bit as we are on our holiday in the lake district:happydance: Its so lovely here and we have been having fantastic weather too!

Anyways we have been trying to sell our 1 bed top floor flat for almost 2 years now and wanted to start ttc no2 quickly after Nathan arrived so they would be close in age.

Yesterday whilst we were visiting the chocolate house (YUM!) we got a call with an offer for the flat. It was a little less than we were after but not by much and certainly not enough to not even consider but being cheeky we got our people to talk to their people and see if they would raise their offer slightly so we managed to get another 2k! They want in 30th October but all this is depending on our new home report.
We had our last one done last Decemeber just after there was a wee leak in the roof which got fixed but the guy have a low reading of damp so I guess they want to check its no worse or gone since we have had scorthing warm weather over our summer....

I am just so happy but there is a small part that feels I shouldnt be just yet "just incase":blush:

We have seen a lovely cottage we LOVE:cloud9: but never actually seen the inside yet as the schedule only has exterior and garden pictures:dohh: but we are in love and its well within our price range and it has 4 bedrooms!

So you think yes I am so happy but this has cast up new fears and dilemmas and although I have discussed with OH he feels I should be the one to choose when we ttc....
Basically we can start next cycle so long as next week goes well (my period is due in roughly 8-10 days and I ovulate between CD 13-17 so plenty time ot know if we have definately sold etc but Nathan would only be 14 1/2 months old....waiting til the cycle after he would be roughly 15 1/2 months.
We will be OK for money as I am going ot go back to work 2 1/2 or 3 days a week and my dad will look after Nathan when Stuart is at work. We kept all our baby stuff like crib, bedding and bottle teats and have loads of wipes which we continually buy in bulk for Nathan so it would really be nappies and a few bits of clothing if baby is a girl...as we kept all the boy stuff and had quite a bit neutral stuff. We have already bought a double buggy:blush:

Basically do we start ttc next cycle and if we get lucky have a 14 1/2 month age gap?? My fear is will I cope with a newborn and a little toddler? Will the 4 weeks make more of a difference? I want to be over 12 weeks and have had a scan before returning to work in Feb 2010 as they made my life hell when I was preg so want the least time with them.
If I put it off for a few more cycles I might not get preg for ages as it took 4 cycles to get preg with Nathan (not long I know but with the whole work thing just makes me determined)

I know my dad will help and hubby works 4 days on and 4 days off so really I would be "alone" for 4 days at most...
I am sitting here in such a tiz and my pal had twins and coped fine on her own without a partner or her parents (they were too old to help much)

Argh sorry for going on I just need some opinions and really to vent and write it down. I know I have to wait and see what the coming weeks hold before we do anything but I like to plan:dohh:

Thank you for reading and if you got this far thanks even more:blush:

Emma.xx

Firstly, well done on the flat! It sounds like after a long wait you might finally get a lovely family home! The ttc is always a tricky one! I guess only you can know what your own limits are in terms of coping with two young children. I definitely could not have coped with another little one so soon but other people do just fine and love it. My only thought would be for your little boy, maybe it would be nice to spend some more time with him alone and settle into your new home before embarking on number two? Zac is turning 1 next month and it's now great fun chasing him around and seeing him learn all the time. but also exhausting!! But, having them close in age is lovely and I think it's great too. The difference in months of age doesn't sound huge really, but I suppose it might mean the difference between a crawler who needs to be carried still and a walker who might make your life a bit easier if you're pregnant!! Best of luck anyways!! Xx

Thanks for your response:thumbup:

Its so hard deciding when to ttc with no2...I never thought it would be.

I know exactly what you mean about the crawling and walking.....argh I just have no clue really lol

I guess we could NTNP but the fact I chart and use a monitor would kindo f defeat that unless I hide it from OH and get him to initiate BD....:shrug:

Only time will tell I guess!

I am so unbelievably excited about getting a home....its like the last piece in our jigsaw which has been missing...then everything is perfect. If we cant get preg again its not the end of the world as we have Nathan and we fancy possibly doing fostering in a good few years too.

Emma.xx

Well, the length of time it takes to conceive #2 is def unknown but given that it only took 4 cycles the first time does bode well! That's hardly any time at all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->