So hurt and confused

JLTyler

Reaction score
Some of you know me, many of you do not.

My name is Jennifer, I am 30, and my husband and I started ttc in November. It was a whirlwind ride. I had all the symptoms. All the signs. I got on a great multi vitamin, revamped my entire diet, and my doctors said I was a model patient. They said it was refreshing to see someone care so much and work so hard. Well, I did. We wanted this baby. We were so excited.

Even as of this morning and afternoon, my husband and I were laughing over my strange cravings, oogling all the changes in my body (Oh, the list was long) etc. This afternoon I went to the e.r. with shortness of breath (which I have had for a month anyway) and a slight discomfort in my belly. No one was worried. Not me, not my husband, my best friend (and mother of 3). We thought they would say....well, really anything other than what they said.

A long night into the wee hours of the morning and the doctor came in and said, great news! Nothing's wrong and you're not pregnant!

Wait, what?

He went on to explain I "just miscarried " and he would send me on my way soon. He came back in with a smile on his face like 30 mins later and actually asked me if I was feeling better.

He went us on our way, we don't have a car right now so we had to wait an hour for a cab.

We are home now and I just feel so lost. So empty. Part of me says to forget about it because I couldn't be that attached so early on. The sane part of me knows better. And part of me says hey it wasn't time, just accept it and move on. But I can't just do that, either.

I feel so confused. So hurt. So.....

Someone please help me shed some light on this. I know I couldnt have done anything different. I know it was no one's fault.

Anyone who has gone through this, please help me with how you felt, how long it has been since you had one, how you feel now, how you have dealt/are dealing with it. Anything else that you can share. Anything is a help.

I'm sorry you are going through this :hugs:

When the time comes that yous are emotionally ready, I would write a complaint about what sounds like a terribly non considerate doctor!

Xx

Awwww Hun I’m so sorry to see this. Big hugs to you and your DH.

Just take your time and remember you are allowed to feel however you do feel. Everyone deals with this situation differently.

Big hugs xxx

The doctor that I originally went to botched the exam. He actually hurt me. Everyone in my life says he didn't do the normal procedures to even check for a miscarriage. And the many women in my life that have had miscarriages say I did not show any signs of a miscarriage.

The doctor I went to did not do a vaginal exam, a blood test, or an ultrasound. We are seeking a second opinion. We went on our own and I had an independent blood test, one that only checks for pregnancy. Regardless of what it says, we are going to go to an OB and get set up so we can get an ultrasound. If I am pregnant, we need to make sure his exam didn't hurt the baby (he almost made me black out). If I'm not pregnant,I need to make sure he didn't damage my ovary. I will type up a summary of what happened and post it later.

We get the results of the blood test tomorrow so I may not be out yet.

Doctors are usually trained to not get emotionally involved HOWEVER he could have been sympathetic rather than come back bouncing in to you after he delivered some rather traumatic news. Regardless, his actions were disgusting.

Just remember, miscarriage is normal and usually happens if something is seriously wrong with the baby. While it's no easier to accept try and take solace that you couldn't have done anything different if you'd tried. I know it's a terrible time of the year to receive such news but do try to grieve and move forward somehow. <3

Well, how crazy this week has been. Long story short I was misdiagnosed as having miscarried!

I just had an ultrasound, which the last guy didn't do. My baby is perfectly fine and definitely there!

That is wonderful news!! Absolutely delighted for yous :happydance: I hope there will be some more than firm words written to that hospital regarding the doctor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->