so I went to maternity today... *update*

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by honeybee2, Sep 3, 2009.

1. honeybee2

honeybee2 Well-Known Member

My 19 year old sister is 35 weeks pregnant, and just been diagnosed with pre-eclampsia and possible clot although shes been injecting blood thinning drugs for 8 months. Basically, went there to keep her company and there were two women, both in labour across the room, one woman was 40 weeks and constantly moaning about being overdue. I can understand why it can be frustrating etc...but for Petes sake there are women out there who would pay ANYTHING to be in her situation... including me! Personally, I know how hard it is for women to get pregnant sometimes, and if Im ever lucky enough to be in her situation... I will be smiling (and yelping) through each contraction...

Its so hard to be in a labour ward when its all you can think about! :shrug:

*UPDATE*

My sister just had two steriod injections today just in case of emergency c-section (strenghthen babies lungs) :coffee::shrug:

2. BumpyCake

BumpyCake Preggers with #1

Awww. If your sis knows about BnB, please tell her that we're all pulling for her.

I totally agree, when I'm symptom spotting I think "ugh! I feel like garbage...oh wait, I feel like garbage, yippee!" It's a double-edged sword I guess.

3. honeybee2

ye she is on B'n'B... We are all scared because my mum had a clot 7 years ago while pregnant and had to ahve an emergency c-section at 32 weeks and nearly died- it is heriditary so... all a bit...meh....my sister is petrified of having a stillborn!

4. BumpyCake

Oh my goodness! Yeah, that sounds very scary. She'll probably never settle down until she gets that baby in her arms...can't blame her for that. I'll be thinking of your family in these next several weeks. Take care.

5. honeybee2

Cheers bumpy! <3

6. Crypto1976

Crypto1976 Guest

Auntie honeybee2! that has a ring to it. Yes fx for your sis, I am thinking of you all. XXX

7. honeybee2

aww thanks cryto! x

8. puppymom32

puppymom32 Mommy to Xavier

honeybee2,
    Hope all will be ok with your sister. I know how you feel for a long time I wouldnt even go to my gyno because there were pregnant women there. I would just go to my GP for my paps because being around all those pregnant ladies hurt so bad. Now I am back going there and hope I will be one of them real soon.

9. honeybee2

aww puppy....it does suck, and i know you ahve been trying for years and i cant comprehend how bad it is for you... x

10. Liz2

Liz2 Well-Known Member

I hope that you sister is doing well, and her little one! Fx'd for her!! I know what you mean about not complaining if you were in that situation. I have a friend who is only 7months preggo and can't stop talking about how much she hates it and she can't wait to have the baby and if someone could just knock her over and make her go into earlier labor. I told her that I will smack her after she has the baby!! She is so lucky to be pregnant and perfectly healthy!! I have had 2 premature babies and a MC don't come crying to me lady!!! Ugh!!

11. honeybee2

please pray for my sister- who is probably having an emergency c-section with a blood clot. This takes me back 7 years ago, when my mum nearly lost her life because of it :cry::shrug:

12. Annamumof2

Annamumof2 Mum to 2 boys 2 girls

tell your sister i will keep my fingers and legs crossed for her and i hope she and the baby will be okay

13. honeybee2

cheers, its just really scary. Especially when you can oly see her at visiting hours :cry:

14. mrphyemma

mrphyemma 2DS, 1DD, 1 Angel baby

honeybee2, I'm thinking of you and your sister and hoping everything goes well xxxxxxxx

15. Tudor Rose

Tudor Rose Mummy

hiya honeybee2, hows your sister? i hope all goes well for here, thinking of you all x

16. honeybee2

hiya love- no news as yet. will keep you informed though!

17. BumpyCake

Thinking of you, sis, and LO....:flower:

18. wannabubba#4

wannabubba#4 Maybe 1More! DD+3DS <3

Just wanted to say, praying for your sis and her LO

Hope everyone is doing okay.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all just now.

19. puppymom32

puppymom32 Mommy to Xavier

You are all in my prayers. Hope all turns out ok.

20. Liz2

Liz2 Well-Known Member

Praying for your sister and her LO :hugs: