So much for marching round Sainsbury's.....

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
I'm back from my appointment.....

I was so optimistic that SOMETHING would have happpened since last week...

I am still 2 cm and no change to my cervix. She did another sweep but I'm not hopefull - and thats not me. :(

Then the kick in the teeth.....because I had an early scan at 7 wks and they dated me then with an EDD of the 17th, the hospital will use that for induction etc. So I'm looking at another 3 weeks potentially. I really wan the chance to start on my own BUT I cant go on like this for 3 more weeks.

I just broke down and cried and cried. My MW was lovely as she always is. I told her I am worried about her size and ending up with a section if I carry her for 3 more weeks. I'm also worried about the placenta deteriorating because my EDD by conception (I was charting when TTC) was LAST WEEK....my sisters friend lost her baby after being left to go over almost 3 weeks :(

As anyone who reads my posts know I have a wonderful MW and she came up trumps as always. She rang the hospital and got me an urgent appointment with the consultants this thursday morning - I have no idea what will happen if anything but I feel better knowing I dont have another week to wait for the next step. She cant say what they will do but its something to focus on.

So much for marching around Sainsbury's after my sweep and getting things going!!!!!! I managed to drive to Mc Dees drive thru for fries and a milkshake and came home coz I look like crap!!!

x

:hugs: I am sorry to hear you are having a rough time. Hopefully the meeting with the consultants on Thursday comes up with better news!

:hugs:
Keep us posted!!

Oh hon, I'm sorry you didn't get the news you wanted today, but your MW sounds great and least she has put some light in the tunnel.

Who know's what Thursday will bring, but I hope everything is ok and things do speed up for you x x x

:hug:

Hope something happens for you much sooner honey!

Oh fuckety arse chuck.... Don't be disheartened sweetheart. At least they seem on top of their game in terms of getting you an appt this week. You can't go for another 3 weeks - that's just not sensible. I understand your fear of going over a long time, I think the worry that thought causes is as dangerous as the going over itself.

I have a last minute consultant appt tomorrow in The Hudd and I am going to say I am getting concerned by his size and I'm not comfortable even going til Sunday now.

Come on Lisa, we can fight these *******s together!!! xxx

Oh sorry it didnt go so well, Hopefully there will be some better news on thursday.:hug:

i am sorry sweetie but don't worry everything is going to be fine i know that:hugs: maybe she was to do her entrance on halloween !!!

What did the sonographer say at the 20 week scan? Did she confirm your EDD?

I'm normally such a positive person but when hubby rang me I just sobbed....I couldnt talk....I know its not true and I need to take my own advice, but it makes me feel like I've failed before I've even started.....

x

:hugs: :hugs: Hun thats totally rubbish i hope that they do something for you!!

This is the problem...at the 20 wk scan they said the measurements showed 13th too BUT they wouldnt change the date from the 17th as it wasnt more than a weeks difference!! :hissy:

So I have to take my scan report from the private NT scan in Leeds and use that to argue the toss.....

Oh and for anyone brave enough to remind me its 'just 4 more days' :trouble:

This is the problem...at the 20 wk scan they said the measurements showed 13th too BUT they wouldnt change the date from the 17th as it wasnt more than a weeks difference!! :hissy:

So I have to take my scan report from the private NT scan in Leeds and use that to argue the toss.....

That is absolutely ludicrous... You need to really fight your corner on this Lisa. You see, this is exactly what pisses me off, you shouldn't have to be concerned about this, especially not now. I think on Thursday you need to really present your argument darling and make sure you get your point across. I hate this stuff.
Won't change it because it's only a week? Do they have ANY comprehension of what a week is like for us?! Filled with bloody strain and worry.

Keep calm my love, I'm certain they'll listen to you on Thursday.

xx

Oh sweetie that sucks donkeys!!! :hugs:

Could you push for a scan to check on her size and the condition of the placenta? Were you charting when you were ttc? could you maybe give them evidence of your dates etc. iykwim?

Poor darling I wish there were something I could do. :( :hugs:

Oh sweetie that sucks donkeys!!! :hugs:

Could you push for a scan to check on her size and the condition of the placenta? Were you charting when you were ttc? could you maybe give them evidence of your dates etc. iykwim?

Poor darling I wish there were something I could do. :( :hugs:

I asked the MW about scans and she said the same - she cant say they will but told me to push for one. I was charting - I actually went back to it all the other week so I can get a chart off and take that too.

x

Cool; well I hope they can do something for you mate, atleast set your mind at rest somehow. Only other thing I would suggest is to keep doing what you've been doing.

No more castor oil tho ok?! :hugs:

i no what you can do :happydance: write in your own noteS ASAP INDL HAVE A LOOK FOR WRITE TERM :hugs:

Aw hunni :hug: For once i can actually say- i know how you feel. And its crap no matter what anyone says!! But chin up chick, it WILL happen when you least expect it too :) I promise you. No one will let any harm come to lil Hebe while she is in you. Esp with a mummy like you :) You've come so so far now (always putting a smile on my face and keeping me going!!) do not give up now chick!! She is just very comfy and will pop her head out (so to speak) when you least expect it. I know its hard but try to relax, because crazy as it sounds the minute i accepted that i was going to be induced and nothing would work and my body was less tense and i was enjoying me last few days, jacob decided he wanted to come because mummy was chilled....:)

So come on i wanna see that happy lisa (who looks lovely as always :)) XxxxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"