So scared digi test show less weeks than i am

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Girls I'm really scared- I did a digi conception test and it's come up as 2-3 weeks, it should be 3+ by now. My first day of my last period was 19th December and I'm 17dpo today, I'm shaking. What do I do? Call the doctors or the midwife, is this normal? Omg please don't let me loose this baby too

has anyone had this and everything was ok ??!

Hey hunni....I would say this is correct, cos should the 3+ only occur once you get to 21DPO?
Plus.... the conception indicator is not as accurate as the pregnancy indicator.
Keep your chin up hun....I am sure everything is ok. I am also down as 2-3 weeks conception, I don't agree with the result but all I care about is the "Pregnant" sign :hugs:

Plus the 1st day of my last period was 06 December
xx

does it date it from conception or from last period ??

It dates from conception. So at the mo its saying 2-3 weeks since conception making you 4-5 weeks pregnant :thumbup: xxx

ok - thanks:hugs:

I got myself in a bit of a state !!!! just so worried that something is to go wrong !!

I know exactly how you feel. I had a MMC in June 2009, my 1st ever pregnancy after over 2years of trying, and I felt so robbed to have my baby taken away from me. Strangely I am not as excited as I was last time, but I think I am just so scared that I am going to lose this one, that I can't get excited. I am going for a scan today, that I am so nervous about I have been awake since 6 just thinking about it.

Keep your chin up and come and chat to me whenever you want, we are practicularly going to be delivering the same time :happydance:

xxx

I had a mmc in July 09 was our first baby too and its the due date on Sunday :-(

I have just realised that I didn't do a test till 17DPO before and didn't do a digi for a few days after so it could have been after 21DPO - I tested at 12DPO this time.:dohh: its confusing that doctors don't go by the same dates they add on 2 odd weeks :blush:

Tell me about it....it would be so much more easier to say....you are 2 weeks pregnant, and gestation is 38 weeks and not 40??:dohh:

Sprinkling sticky dust your way
xxx

It is confusing, they do it that way for dating purposes assuming most women have regular cycles and recognise when their last menstral period was which we know a lot of women don't. I had a conversation with the other half the night before last about this and he was having a hard time accepting that this is the way medical professionals date a pregnancy. He's very practical and logical and it's just not logical to him.

its confusing that doctors don't go by the same dates they add on 2 odd weeks :blush:

Mine did that too when I took one, and it turns out that my blood Hcg was much higher...so, *try* (I know, easier said than done) not to worry about what that test says. :hug:

My digi test also showed 2-3 weeks when it should have been 3+ weeks. I am now 17 weeks and am still here, have had two scans and baby is correct size. My HCG levels are higher than expected according to my nuchal blood tests.

It's easier said than done I know, but try not to worry about it. I worried and it turns out for no reason at all.

Alex

hi every1 im also confused bout the cb digital my last period was 28/12 and its come up 2-3 wks making me 4-5 wks preg when i thought im less than 4 x

Mrs Doddy

Just want to say congratulations hunny!:hugs:

Chuck that test away.........you dont need the stress....YOU'RE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!

Please don't rely on them. After a miscarriage last month with low hcg levels I made a point of taking a clearblue every week to check my hormone was increasing, but I ended up getting 2-3 twice instead of the 3+ and gave myself a proper panic attack. Although I am still unsure as to whether baby is ok, my hcg levels have been tested and are quite high which could be the reason they were all over the place. If you are worried, it is much more reliable to get a blood hcg test from the doctors, as the urine one depends on how much you've drunk, when you do it, the test etc.

oh these tests, i spent probably around £100 or more on these they ruled my life, :cry: i hated that utter dissapointment when it didnt show what i thought was the correct weeks, everyones HCG rises at different rate, for example people implant later aswell,

Im glad you can relax a wee bit, they do show from conception and not last period xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->