So sick all the time

Littlebear11

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm 19 and pregnant and I'm about 9 weeks. Everyone always says pregnancy is amazing and beautiful but I've just been so sick lately I had to get medicine to help with morning sickness. But I don't want to rely on it through the whole pregnancy. Will it go away?

Not really a teen anymore (21) but I'll occasionally pop back over here for a scroll as I lived in this forum when I was pregnant with my lg at 19.

I had to take medicine for morning sickness during my pregnancy. I was sick from 5 weeks, to about 25 weeks. Then again at 30 weeks until delivery. Without it I was incredibly dehydrated and wouldn't have been able to have finished my first year at uni.

I think that doctors are trained to assess the circumstances, and they have to decide that the potential benefits of the medicine outweigh any risks for pregnant women. Baby needs nutrients and water, and you can only give these to him/her by keeping your food and drink down.

So try not to feel too worried, and keep your fingers crossed that the sickness leaves soon! H&H 9 months xo

It can, mine wasn't so bad I needed medicine but with my first I was sick almost every day from 9-16 weeks, it stopped and I was only sick 3 more times, the last being around 32 weeks. (I have no idea how I remember this... :dohh: lol)

I'm not a teen mom anymore but I had my oldest when I was 16, my second when I was 18, my third at 20, and now my 4th at 25.

I had severe morning sickness with my youngest. I was on medication until I was 30 weeks or so (I can't remember exactly). Without the meds, I couldn't eat anything without feeling horrible. I wasn't fond of relying on medication for the majority of my pregnancy, but it was much better for my son for me to be on the medication and able to eat than off the medication and starving. Unfortunately, my morning sickness never completely went away when I was pregnant with him. Once he was born, though, I felt great and ate everything I missed out on while pregnant :haha:

That being said, I had morning sickness with my third as well and it went away around the time I got into the second trimester (about 12 weeks). That seems to be how it goes for many women.

Congrats and I hope you feel better soon! :flower:

I'm glad I'm finally eating again, I feel less worse about being on medication I didn't know it was so common for people to take it. Most people I know just suffered through it but that deffintly was not an option for me since I couldn't keep anything down. Now I'm eating pretty much every 2 hours cause I'm so hungry. Thank you everyone for the response!

I use to love sucking on Powerade cubes frozen. (Just put Powerade into an icecube tray) definitely helped me a lot! I'm glad the medication is helping

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->