Softcups

Thank you for this. I think you may be right. I removed the cup after nearly 10 hours and pleased to say there was hardly anything in the cup.

Congratulations on ur babe. I hope pregnancy is treating u well!! X

I left mine in only 3 hours the last time - Though my cervix was high, soft and open - There was nothing left in it other than residue so I'm hoping they swam well!

I bought some yesterday and used my first one last night!! It was very easy to use, not hard to get out at all, didn't hurt...I actually didn't feel it and I slept with it all night. Now let's hope it works!

I am trying them for the first time this month. I'm a bit scared because they look so big, but it is worth a try! I will trust the women who say they are easy to use :)

This might sound horrid but worth a go....my DH recently had a SA done. He produced and submitted sample at 8.30am and it was stuck in an incubator then tested at 2.30pm in the afternoon. This month I DTD around midnight and stayed in bed after and inserted the softcup in the morning to avoid it all coming out (nice!) coz I figured that my private area must be a bit like an incubator and the sperm might still be good to go. I removed at later that day so hoping it extended the chances....

This might sound horrid but worth a go....my DH recently had a SA done. He produced and submitted sample at 8.30am and it was stuck in an incubator then tested at 2.30pm in the afternoon. This month I DTD around midnight and stayed in bed after and inserted the softcup in the morning to avoid it all coming out (nice!) coz I figured that my private area must be a bit like an incubator and the sperm might still be good to go. I removed at later that day so hoping it extended the chances....

I don't think it's horrid at all. We do what we have to do.

vagina is very acidic and sperm is unlikely to survive there for more than I do not know an hour at most, wouldn't you need some preseed to change the environment to alkaline so the sperm can survive for longer in the softcup?

Briss - you are right the V is a pretty hostile environment for sperm most of the time....but around O or when there is the right kind of CM they can survive for much longer...i use a lubricant like preseed [cannot remember name now but i got it in boots] so that should help.

This thread has given me so much encouragement - I think my problem is I don't lie down long enough for those :spermy: to swim up....

My last MC was in September and I hoped I would have been pregnant by now.....but I am HOPEFUL after reading this thread - and it took awhile.
Any other softcup success stories out there?

Good Luck to all!!!

I've used them for 2 years now and had 1bfp along with 1 chemical. I believe they do work, best of luck! :dust:

Great to hear. I believe they will work for me, hoping that is! Putting it in was a bit odd, removing it was tricky too!

I've read that some put preseed in the cup before insertion. How much should one put?

I haven't used them for a while but keen to get going again. My only problem is I worry that the sperm gets caught on the other side and gets blocked from going in my cervix as often there's stuff still in the cup when I remove it. Once I put it in there it takes on life of its own and i just aim to get it up there! Also I worry about cold preseed killing the sperm.

Worry, worry, worry

Used Softcups and took mucinex , used opk's and used preseed 6 years ago and I got pregnant first try!

New softcup user. I tried for the first time last night. I had never used one before so it to some adjusting until I was comfortable and I also put my legs up for about 15 minutes. Hopefully May brings bfps for us all.

I’m using menstrual cups but I’ve noticed no matter how long I leave them in there’s still liquified semen and Cm in the cup!! Is this normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->