some people!

RIGHT, listen up (and before you all get at me for that I'm kicking my own arse here too):

Single psrents do NOT have it harder than those in an abusive relationship / with an arsehole for a partner!!!

Those parents in a relationship do NOT have it harder than singles parents because their OH works long hours and leaves their socks on the floor!!

There is a crossover in situation here which I think we are all (or at least the majority of us) are failing to see.

Yes, it's all relative and we should just be supporting each other no matter what our grievance as life is just too bloody short to do otherwise!!

gems :hug:

** this post was brought to you with raging "get this baby out hormones" but had good intentions (by the way, my dads bigger than your dad ;))

:flower::flower:

RIGHT, listen up (and before you all get at me for that I'm kicking my own arse here too):

Single psrents do NOT have it harder than those in an abusive relationship / with an arsehole for a partner!!!

Those parents in a relationship do NOT have it harder than singles parents because their OH works long hours and leaves their socks on the floor!!

There is a crossover in situation here which I think we are all (or at least the majority of us) are failing to see.

Yes, it's all relative and we should just be supporting each other no matter what our grievance as life is just too bloody short to do otherwise!!

** this post was brought to you with raging "get this baby out hormones" but had good intentions (by the way, my dads bigger than your dad ;))

i have serious ragin 'get this baby out' hormones as well :haha:
(nd by the way... i have 2 dads :smug: nd they're both pretty big)
i swear i've used the phrase 'its all relative' more times on this forum than i've said it out in the 'real world'.

i have serious ragin 'get this baby out' hormones as well :haha:
(nd by the way... i have 2 dads :smug: nd they're both pretty big)
i swear i've used the phrase 'its all relative' more times on this forum than i've said it out in the 'real world'.

Yeah but my dads REALLY massive ;)

#1 disagree, again, if you are in an abusive or unhealthy relationship you can and certainly should get out of it. That is how many of us ended up on here.
#2 the post was started about people complaining that they'd rather be single without thought to what that really means. It's like saying you wish you were homeless so you wouldn't have to cut your grass, to a homeless person.

#1 disagree, again, if you are in an abusive or unhealthy relationship you can and certainly should get out of it. That is how many of us ended up on here.

:rolleyes: yeah, coz its that easy!!

#2 the post was started about people complaining that they'd rather be single without thought to what that really means. It's like saying you wish you were homeless so you wouldn't have to cut your grass, to a homeless person.

If you read the thread you will see that the OP has then been taken out of context both ways by many posters which has resulted in strong opions from both *sides*!

You know, you wanna have a row have a row - I was trying to lighten the thread but its kinda obvious that went sailing over your head - I'm out!!

Totally agree with this. Apart from getting out of an abusive relationship, if I'd managed to, LO wouldn't be here. It's really hard to do.

Thought I'd post my opinion.
I am still technically a single mummy for another week.
My boyfriend lives 400miles away and I've not seen him for over 3weeks. Next week he moves in. Dunno if you'd view me as a single mummy or not but technically i am, anyways...
I have been a single mummy since I was about 20weeks pregnant and was in an abusive relationship which continued even though we weren't together.
I have had a nightmare year as LO is really ill and FOB has caused lots of problems and it sure as hell hasn't been easy.
Your right, people who wish they were a single mummy have no idea, it has its rewards but it really is draining and it's so hard not having someone there to talk to and share things with, thats also an advantage though because with the hard times come the amazing ones.

This thread has surfaced a lot of feelings in single mummies :hugs: you should all be so proud of yourselves because it's such a hard job. We have all been threw a lot of crap to get to where we are today but these things happen to those who are strong enough to deal with it and look...we're all still standing.
Those who wish they were a single parent, lets just hope they never are.
You're day will come when you'll find someone who will treat you and your LO right. But tbh, I dont want to share my LO (how selfish :haha:). I love having her all to myself, morning, bedtime, bathtime, feeding time. It's tough, but it's so amazing to know your the person they look up to and learn from.

Went off on a bit of a tangent, sorry :blush: Don't even think I really got to my point, but now I don't remember what the point was :rofl: sleep deprived much?!
:kiss:

:rolleyes: yeah, coz its that easy!!

If you read the thread you will see that the OP has then been taken out of context both ways by many posters which has resulted in strong opions from both *sides*!

You know, you wanna have a row have a row - I was trying to lighten the thread but its kinda obvious that went sailing over your head - I'm out!!

I'm not saying any of it is easy, or that its not miserable to be in a bad relationship. In my experience, the ones usually complaining about it are not in abusive relationships anyway, they are just unhappy at the moment. And I am sorry, I wasn't trying to be argumentative, I just disagree is all.

Ahhh, i love how all the single mummies come together and support each other. Love to you all! :hugs:

havent read the whole thread as I got bored when the non-signles parents started chipping in stupid comments, but :hugs: to all you single mummies. And its weird I was a single mum with Emily and I find it so much harder being a non-single mum with the girls now. And tbh sometimes I really wish I was, sometimes it is because I dont get my own way, I've lost alot of independace being in a relationship & my parenting has had to change because I'm not a single mum anymore and I really dont like it so we argue over it alot!

Anyway this isnt the right section, BUT This is the SINLGE MUM's section guys... Have a little bit of consideration for the situation & I completly agree unless you have been a single parent you have absolutley no idea what its like no matter how of a selfish pr*ck your OH may be.

Being a single mum may be the making or breaking of you.

xxxx

I'm not a single parent, but my Mum was a single parent to myself and my little sister. She found it really hard at times.

I honestly don't think anyone should compare any situation with anyone elses. I do understand how you feel though, to a certain extent. My daughter is severely disabled and needs a lot of extra care, much more than an average child needs. She is paraplegic (can't use her legs) and is catheterised twice a day, has problems gaining weight, won't eat etc etc amongst other things. Sometimes, it really pisses me off when someone says 'being a parent is so hard' and I too have to bite my tongue and keep myself from saying 'you don't know what hard is'. I know its a totally different situation, but I understand. I didn't come here to say how annoyed I get though, I came to say that you single Mummies all do a brilliant job :hugs: x

I'm not a single parent, but my Mum was a single parent to myself and my little sister. She found it really hard at times.

I honestly don't think anyone should compare any situation with anyone elses. I do understand how you feel though, to a certain extent. My daughter is severely disabled and needs a lot of extra care, much more than an average child needs. She is paraplegic (can't use her legs) and is catheterised twice a day, has problems gaining weight, won't eat etc etc amongst other things. Sometimes, it really pisses me off when someone says 'being a parent is so hard' and I too have to bite my tongue and keep myself from saying 'you don't know what hard is'. I know its a totally different situation, but I understand. I didn't come here to say how annoyed I get though, I came to say that you single Mummies all do a brilliant job :hugs: x

:hugs: Know how you feel. I'm just glad I've now found someone to help carry some of it. The period I was single and coping with it myself was so so hard

Totally off topic, but I think you sound like a bloody amazing mummy! Single, in a relationship, old, young, pink, blue, green, makes no odds when people are in such a challenging situation... Some people on this forum give you a glimpse into their lives, and every now and then it makes you realise how unbelievably hard people do have it. TBH, what you seem to go through on a daily basis makes my pitiful single mummy moans seem a bit silly (and that's no disrespect to other single mummies, we frickin ROCK!).

Just wanted to say, I have a huge amount of respect for you and your OH, and I think Tegan is a lucky little girl to have you (as you are to have her of course!).

x

Totally off topic, but I think you sound like a bloody amazing mummy! Single, in a relationship, old, young, pink, blue, green, makes no odds when people are in such a challenging situation... Some people on this forum give you a glimpse into their lives, and every now and then it makes you realise how unbelievably hard people do have it. TBH, what you seem to go through on a daily basis makes my pitiful single mummy moans seem a bit silly (and that's no disrespect to other single mummies, we frickin ROCK!).

Just wanted to say, I have a huge amount of respect for you and your OH, and I think Tegan is a lucky little girl to have you (as you are to have her of course!).

x

Well said!

havent read the whole thread as I got bored when the non-signles parents started chipping in stupid comments, but :hugs: to all you single mummies. And its weird I was a single mum with Emily and I find it so much harder being a non-single mum with the girls now. And tbh sometimes I really wish I was, sometimes it is because I dont get my own way, I've lost alot of independace being in a relationship & my parenting has had to change because I'm not a single mum anymore and I really dont like it so we argue over it alot!

Anyway this isnt the right section, BUT This is the SINLGE MUM's section guys... Have a little bit of consideration for the situation & I completly agree unless you have been a single parent you have absolutley no idea what its like no matter how of a selfish pr*ck your OH may be.

Being a single mum may be the making or breaking of you.

xxxx

I've got to agree with this .... I've been a single Mum and a non-single Mum and they both have their benefits and drawbacks. I too liked having total control over my days when I was single and, once I was in a committed relationship again, found it very hard to have to take another adult's opinion and needs into account :blush:

But I agree - this is the single section and people who have never been there really aren't equipped to understand what a lonely and sometimes frightening experience it is :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I have a husband who works upward of 60/70 hours a week, I have a special needs son, a preschooler, a 1 year old and pregnant. No way in a million years do I think I have it as hard as when I was a single mum.

I was a single mum for 2 years before I met my husband, I dealt with NICU as she was preemie, I looked after her 24/7 alone as I had barely any family, it was very rewarding sure but my god was it hard, long and lonely! My ex was an abusive waste of space who refuses to have anything to do with dd and wont pay child support.

Sometimes I have asked questions about dd in the future, like how much to push ex to have something to do with dd and how to answer her questions also about the CSA. I hope that offense wasn't taken?:flower:

I have a husband who works upward of 60/70 hours a week, I have a special needs son, a preschooler, a 1 year old and pregnant. No way in a million years do I think I have it as hard as when I was a single mum.

I was a single mum for 2 years before I met my husband, I dealt with NICU as she was preemie, I looked after her 24/7 alone as I had barely any family, it was very rewarding sure but my god was it hard, long and lonely! My ex was an abusive waste of space who refuses to have anything to do with dd and wont pay child support.

Sometimes I have asked questions about dd in the future, like how much to push ex to have something to do with dd and how to answer her questions also about the CSA. I hope that offense wasn't taken?:flower:

gotta say u sound like an amazingly strong woman!!
i have so much respect for u :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

happy due date :happydance:
xxx

Definitely not! It makes sense asking the single mums here for advice on parenting when you're not with FOB, even if you're in another relationship now.

happy due date :happydance:
xxx

hi due date :hi:

bye due date :hi:

never mind... i'm pretty sure i'm not actually pregnant... jus VERY bloated :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->