Some Sperm and Egg facts i came across ;)

Charliemarina

expecting #4
Reaction score
hi ladies found this quite interesting to read and now know enjoy ;)

All about sperm (and getting pregnant!)

Fascinating sperm facts

Immature sperm are present in baby boys but need the puberty hormone surge to make them grow into big sperm.
About 2-6 ccs (about a teaspoonful) of sperm is ejaculated each time a man ‘comes’.
The sperm itself only makes up about 5% of what a man ejaculates.
These 2-6 ccs contain between 200-300 million sperm plus a mixture of sugar, protein, Vitamin C, zinc and prostaglandins (which help the sperm on their travels).
When sperm is ejaculated it is like a gel which liquefies in about 5-15 minutes. Only when this gel becomes liquid do the sperm really get going – about 30 minutes later (but may take up to 24 hours).

Sperm and getting pregnant

It only takes one sperm to get a woman pregnant!
Sperm has to get into the woman’s vagina for there to be any possibility of her getting pregnant.
Sperm doesn’t have to get into the vagina only via the penis. A woman can get pregnant if the sperm is on someone’s fingers and they put their fingers into her vagina, or if the man ejaculates very near the entrance to her vagina.
Sperm have a long journey to make to get to the egg, and most of them never make it. They travel from the vagina, through the cervix, up the womb and into the fallopian tubes.
Studies show that some sperm reach the fallopian tubes in as little as 5 minutes after the man ejaculates. But most take 45 minutes or more.
Studies in rabbits show that even if you destroy all the sperm in the vagina five minutes after ejaculation, the rabbit still gets pregnant.
The chances of a woman getting pregnant as a result of having sex once, without contraception, is abound 30% at the woman’s most fertile time. In rats it is 90% - just as well we are not rats!
It used to be thought the most likely days for a woman to get pregnant were two: the day on which the egg in a woman is released (known as the day of ovulation) and the day after ovulation. But it turns out that having sexual intercourse the day before ovulation as well as the day of ovulation carries the highest chances of getting pregnant.
Sperm can hang around for along time – up to 85 hours or more after the man ejaculates into the woman's vagina, so a woman can get pregnant even if she has sex six days before she ovulates.

MADE ME SMILE :)

Oh I love these facts. Thanks for posting them. x x x

Im with you other ladies, bloody rats!! :rofl: I would take being born in the year of the rat even just to up my chances!:haha:

interesting! thanks for sharing :)
good luck ttc ladies x

I'm looking over at my two pet rats and i swear they are looking smug, lol.

Interesting facts, thanks for posting! x

never until now have I had a desire to be like a rat. sigh. thanks for posting! :)

Nice lil pub facts for me there lol, I love stuff like this x

hhmm
they get lost on the way (most of them never make it)... get them a map
they can sit up there for a long time doing nothing? wish I could give them some Red Bull and a Honey Do list! Figures sperm are lazy.

I am in a weird mood and DH does not find me funny! Says I'm talking mean about his sperm.

Just a question, if sperm makes up 5% of what a man ejaqulates, then why does it become 'whiter' the longer in between?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->