Somebodys comment disturbed me...shall I say anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful. I'm very much against CC and CIO. But leaving such a young baby IS neglect. A newborn like that needs to feed every 4-5 hours ish. Leaving a baby that young that long isn't making sure the babies basic needs and rights are met.

She is a mother now. Some people do find it hard to begin with, some people do get PND, I understand that. Maybe she does need some help, but the baby needs help too.

I would definitely ring social services. :flower:

ok thank you everyone will give SS a ring tomorrow and see what they say and will update you......

very disturbing. you should tell her that she should ask her doctor if it is safe to do that and he could explain to her from a medical prospective (like dyhrdrations and such)

I would report it. The child's health and well being is paramount, but she may also be struggling with the onset of PND and need help herself that she hasn't yet realized or has been unwilling to consider at this point.

report report report

:sick:

Poor, poor baby :(
I can only hope she was exagerating, and trying to show off? :cry:

I am a child protection social worker and would definitely advise you to make a referral to your local social services. This would be classed as neglect which is a form of physical and emotional abuse. She is actually putting her baby at risk of harm if she really does not check on them for 13 hours!

My OH is a social worker and he said if he received this call he would want to investigate so I would ring them. Sorry just board hopping from 2nd tri and thought I could help.

I am a child protection social worker and would definitely advise you to make a referral to your local social services. This would be classed as neglect which is a form of physical and emotional abuse. She is actually putting her baby at risk of harm if she really does not check on them for 13 hours!

Thank you! xx

jeez, thats not good at all. little babies are meant to feed every 3 hours or so to begin with and i dont think ur meant to encourage them to sttn at that age. if he was crying then he was probaly hungry and shes just ignoring him. that is neglect. the poor bub has probably just given up trying to get her attention.

on the other hand...

she may just be exaggerating her story and was perhaps jealous that your wee one was doing so well. maybe her baby dosent do that and she just couldnt think of anything else to say?? just a thought

omg i would have found it hard not 2 smack her across the face or there and then dragged her off 2 a room and locked her in it for 13 fuckn hours n see how she bloody liked it
that poor little lamb will only learn that when he crys out no1 will come for him to comfort him see the thought of that that kills me inside she shouldnt have had a child if she isnt prepared 2 look after him i couldnt let that lie id need 2 say sumthing or report it to ss xx

This makes me feel sick, good on you for reporting her, if she's not doing anything wrong then there is no harm done in reporting but what if this is true, you can't do nothing. I would be upset if someone reported me for something they thought I did wrong but I would get over it as I know my baby is well looked after.

I see a lot of your threads about your friends who recommend some awful things. I hate to say it but maybe you should get some better friends.

No offence but I was thinking the same thing xx

This was not my friend, I had not met her before my enounter with her the other day. I was meeting my friend for coffe and she bought her along. I have been giving advise about putting a bit of baby rice in bottles to stop reflux by a friend, which actually worked for me and also using the "shhhh-ing" method when putting her to sleep, which worked for me too. I cant think of anything else I have posted on here? So I dont think all my friends give bad advice x

That's horrible :( I could never let Cas cry, and he's 2 months now! "whinging and crying" what the fuck? That poor baby was probably hungry, or wet, or just wanted a damn cuddle! People like her send me into a rage, they really do.

I see a lot of your threads about your friends who recommend some awful things. I hate to say it but maybe you should get some better friends.

This was not my friend, I had not met her before my enounter with her the other day. I was meeting my friend for coffe and she bought her along. I have been giving advise about putting a bit of baby rice in bottles to stop reflux by a friend, which actually worked for me and also using the "shhhh-ing" method when putting her to sleep, which worked for me too. I cant think of anything else I have posted on here? So I dont think all my friends give bad advice x

what about your friend who gave goodnight milk from 5 weeks for example?

https://www.babyandbump.com/formula...-her-5-week-old-baby-hipp-goodnight-milk.html

Isn't rice in bottles dangerous? Choking hazard etc?

I looked through your posts to be nosy and couldn't find anything else except this and the rice one ages ago which I gave advice on too! Must be confusing you with someone else? x

what about your friend who gave goodnight milk from 5 weeks for example?

https://www.babyandbump.com/formula...-her-5-week-old-baby-hipp-goodnight-milk.html

Ok that WAS bad advise! But I didnt do it and she's still doing it as far as I know.....but that's up to her.

And this one; your friend in it sounds very similar to the 'friend of a friend' you mention in this thread

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/757324-ignoring-babies-cry-their-night-feed-get-them-sttn.html

Mine and my friends babies are both nearly 8 weeks old (we had our babies within 3 days of each other) and her baby has been sleeping through the night since nearly 4 weeks old from 10pm to 7am. We both formula feed. But my LO will go to bed about 11pm (cant put her down before that cos she just lays in her cot screaming until you pick her up... :-/ ) and then wake for a feed any time from 2am. Sometimes it's 2am, sometimes 3am sometimes 4am. She will then go back to sleep until about 6am whatever time she feeds, even if it's 4am... My friends LO used to cry for a feed during the night but for 4 nights straight she ignored his crys for a bottle and he then started sleeping through the night! Was this wrong of her? She said he couldn't of really needed the feed in the middle of the night because he has slept through the night without waking up once since she did this...she told me to do it too. But I don't know if I can ignore my baby screaming for a feed for hours on end. She said she had to ignore him the first 2 nights for 3 hours until he cried himself to sleep, and then woke up in the morning for a feed............. :-/

Would anyone else do this?

I'm not trying to be rude but honestly it sounds like you have quite a few friends with neglectful and worrying ideas of good parenting...I would personally be looking for some new friends as I and the other poster suggested...

I just wana add that this post wasnt about my friends having bad advice - it was about if anyone thought I should say anyone to anything about someone who isnt even a friend! and I think its good that if Im not sure on some thing one of my friends says I ask on here - I am only just a new mum and still learning and I think it's unfair of you and that other person to completly point out something jlike "get some new friends" just cos I am asking advise? Anyway thanks everyone will ring SS tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"