Sooo scared!!!!

I'm sure you do. I mean, you're already in a caring profession for a start x

True but even at work I hate holding babies lol. I do and I go into auto pilot cause that's what I'm trained to do.

Hopefully for all of us there are mother instincts in there and we will find our instinct auto pilot

I'm feeling a little bit better this afternoon.

Have my ob appointment not until August 23. Booked in with my family dr for this Monday and hoping to get him to send me for an early scan to ease some worry

Still finding it hard to believe that there is even something in there. Symptoms are there on and off but I haven't had too bad of a time that way. Probably good since that would put me over the edge I think lol

Medic9114fun - I'm sure you're going to be a wonderful mom. As popples said, you're already in a caring profession... And the fact that you were even thinking about adoption shows you are ready to share your love with a little one. You will be fine.
It definitely takes some getting used to. I'm 10 weeks now and I've just about got my head around it.... It's still so surreal though! x

Hope your feeling better popples.

I'm having a rough day but more because of hubby than me..
He had an accident playing baseball last night and messed up his ankle pretty bad and is couch bound and off work for a week.

On top of being in the ER with him til 1am I'm not beat and nauseous.

What is freaking you out today?
Anything specific or just everything

Ladies, I saw a different midwife today and she was SO much nicer than the first one. She was really reassuring, said its completely normal to feel a bit wobbly but to let them know if it doesn't pass so they can find someone for me to talk to. Told her I felt like a failure for panicking and she said I'm not at all, which was good to hear. x

Sweetheart we all feel like this - it's a massive thing and I will be honest I've been there and done it- am pregnant with the second and I'm still panicky !

I don't do pain either and I gave birth just with gas and air ! Kept telling myself it could get a lot worse and in the end I did it

I feel sick with excitement and worry all at the same time

Sweetheart we all feel like this - it's a massive thing and I will be honest I've been there and done it- am pregnant with the second and I'm still panicky !

I don't do pain either and I gave birth just with gas and air ! Kept telling myself it could get a lot worse and in the end I did it

I feel sick with excitement and worry all at the same time

Thank you - that really does help :)

Hows everyone today?
I had a chat with my midwife this morning, if I don't start to feel less panicky she said she will get me a contact to talk too, she says its very common people just dont talk about it x

I have my dr apt with my family dr today. Hoping he has something to tell me like you ladies. Feeling pretty drained and crappy this morning. I managed a shower and took the dogs out and now I feel like crap and just want to hide in bed all day.
Hopefully these feeling pass soon.

I just want to feel like ME again.

I bet part of what we're feeling is getting used to this new identity - we're going to be mummies, eek! I only got married a few months ago and am still struggling with the fact my name has changed! Keeping such a big secret is also quite isolating. Although I'm nervous about everyone knowing and making a fuss about me it's strange keeping this big secret from my best friends.

I hate people not knowing and I'm not really sure why it has to be such a bit secret - if anything was to happen they would know as I would need the support

I hoping a nap helps me today now. Just got home from dr. I don't even get an ultrasound until 11weeks. My ob won't take me until 15weeks. So frustrated and emotional. I want to know what's going on in there and my dr was no help with my feelings today. He isn't an ob and that's why he referred me he said. I have all my papers for the ultrasound but so upset now.

Hey sorry to just pop in here as I haven't been following the whole thread but have you considered going with a Midwife instead of an OB? I started with mine at 9 weeks, they are so caring and understanding. The quality of care is amazing compared to most GPs/OBs, not to mention it's covered by OHIP (i'm in Ontario too! :) )

I thought about it but the only midwife in my area I have worked with on calls (I'm a medic) and done some training with and I really don't get along with her :( I'm in a very rural area so not a lot of choice.
The ob I'm scheduled to see is really good but I don't go there until 15weeks. So my family dr is in charge until then.

:(

Should also add that when I got m positive I was 196 lbs and today at dr I was 204!!!!!!!

Yup que freak out !

All week I've been between 198 and 202. Today I had to be 204. I know I shouldn't worry about numbers but I feel horrible:(. I look like I'm 4 months not 8 weeks.
I jut had to steal my partners uniform shirt because mine looks way too tight tonight. I look major preggers in it.

Not sure how much is bloat and how much is something else. Time for some walking I guess.

All I can stomach is greasy junk food and all I crave is sal for the most part.
HELP!!! What have I gotten myself into!!! Sorry one of those days I guess. And now working night shift on top. :(

Should also add that when I got m positive I was 196 lbs and today at dr I was 204!!!!!!!

Yup que freak out !

All week I've been between 198 and 202. Today I had to be 204. I know I shouldn't worry about numbers but I feel horrible:(. I look like I'm 4 months not 8 weeks.
I jut had to steal my partners uniform shirt because mine looks way too tight tonight. I look major preggers in it.

Not sure how much is bloat and how much is something else. Time for some walking I guess.

All I can stomach is greasy junk food and all I crave is sal for the most part.
HELP!!! What have I gotten myself into!!! Sorry one of those days I guess. And now working night shift on top. :(

Hang in there. When I'm having a rough day at work I keep focussing on getting home and getting into bed for a nap. I slept from 9pm to 6am last night! I've definitely got bloat too.. Or a potbelly from eating so much food! Xx

I've put on a shed load of weight, I look much further along than I am and thats mainly down to the only food I can stomach is stuff thats bad for me, full fat drinks, indians, pizza, chinese. I tried to eat a salad yesterday and it made me so sick when normally I love them.
I'm really worried as to how everyone will react to us having a baby considering although we have been best friends for 9 years we have actually only officially been together 6 month!

I've put on a shed load of weight, I look much further along than I am and thats mainly down to the only food I can stomach is stuff thats bad for me, full fat drinks, indians, pizza, chinese. I tried to eat a salad yesterday and it made me so sick when normally I love them.
I'm really worried as to how everyone will react to us having a baby considering although we have been best friends for 9 years we have actually only officially been together 6 month!

Don't worry. I'm nervous about reactions and we've been together nearly a decade!

I'm only worries about my moms reaction lol. I know everyone else will be happy but my mom is super critical and sofar I've been hiding it well. She lives with hubby and myself right now. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->