Sore nipple-only on one side!

heather1212

Reaction score
And it's the side that LO tends to pull and tug on more!
Basically today my nipple has just felt a bit sore and irritated throughout the day. When LO feeds on that side it's generally ok unless, like I said he pulls on it and keeps latching on and off!
I just keep hoping that it's not thrush! Would it be unlikely to get it on one side and would there be other symptoms?
My LO does get White on his Tongue but I think it's just from the milk as it seems to be when he's fed or brought milk back up!
I also don't think his latch is as good on that side either, for some reason! And sometimes as he's nodding off feeding and his sucking changes I get like a little itchy sensation down my nipple that's a bit irritating but then it goes away!
Can anyone offer any advice? Is it nothing to worry about?

Didn't want to R&R... I get the same thing on my RHS. It's not painful per se, just annoying and not quite as comfortable as the LHS. Sorry, not much help, but I am pretty sure it isn't thrush (at least in my case) as it's been going on since the beginning and my LO is 3.5 months old now.

OK...I was thinking you have to try a different position, but then you said "itchy" and I am hoping for you that it isn't the start of yeast issue....but it could be. I would try to take some preventative measures asap, even if it isnt yeast. I am currently battling a yeast issue and it has been difficult for about 6 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->