SPA -Stick Pee-ers Anonymous - 3 Babies, 3 BFPs and 2TTCers catching up!

Lol JIMM. For team GB we are doing lol.
Good luck with your exams and "cuddles"

Prepping. I seriously can't believe how close you are now. Seems like only yesterday you were taking a break from ttc. Glad the drs are letting you be now. Good luck with the home birth hunni. And keep us posted :happydance:

Afm - I'm having fun with DF :D what more could a girl want.... Other than a baby lol. But fun is good for now

Ooooooooo and GB gold in team show jumping AND team dressage.... One happy horse enthusiast here :happydance: xxxxxxxx

Jimm, good luck on the exams!! And welcome to our little group btw :)

Cookie, considering you said earlier that it's getting into harvest time, that's awesome that you're getting in good couple time! Have you received your toys yet? ;)
And ya, it doesn't seem like it was too long ago that I was trying to become a pro on the different consistencies of cm. LoL

Afm, body is practicing. Belly is all hard at this second with a surge. It's neat! Nothing else special though... been slowing down and pulling back at work officially this week. I'm basically just there to wrap things up. We hired a new guy so I'm training him and getting him all ready for when I'm not there. It's a short week this week and I'll likely only be in for up to 3 days next week too. If anything, it's more just because I would go a little nutty if I was sitting at home waiting for something to happen. :)

Love and doggy dancing! :)

Girls:

How are you today. Hope you are doing just fine. I just came from Walmart after reading about the .88 cents pregnancy test, I decided to buy some(3 actually) lol, getting ready for my next POAS cycle. So i grabbed a few more things trying not to look so obvious. So I went to check out, and I don't know if this happens to you, but when the cashier starts reading and looking at what you are buying, you know they're going to say something about it. So that was exactly what happened to me today. The cashier read the box and started smiling at me, and the she said, you really want to make sure, ha? To what I replied with: no, we are trying actually. Then she dared to tell me, that now is not a good time to have babies cause of the economic crisis, and blah blah bla and she ended with a- but you should know when u are ready, I guess. OMG, i was about to choke that fucking bitch. I'm a proffesional and a responsible citizen, mature and with enough resources to have a baby even if I look young or if my race (latin) tells you otherwise.
That's my today story...hahaha.. Just wanted to share with you what people who don't know you make stupid conclusions. Hope to hear from u soon.

Jimm, people can be ridiculous. And the cashier's statements are completely uncalled for. But hey, it's someone that you don't have regular contact with and you can move on and achieve whatever you want to do in life. Including making babies :)
Btw, 88 cents?? Ya, that's not something we have in Canada. No dollar tree tests either. No wonder you can splurge and get three ;) doesn't cost you $30+ to do it!

Still feeling good here. Body still having practice surges. Nothing remarkable. I am seeing my midwife today (the one that I find over clinical) so will update if I have a new rant as to what she decided to overanalyze this time. :)

How's everyone? All is quiet... Is it because all you GB girls are distracted by all the medals you're winning? Don't have that sort of issue in Canada. LoL but all our Olympians get an A for effort in our books.

Saw a great Canadian diver last night :D Canada is somewhere I've always wanted to visit :)
How are you ladies? Great to hear you're so close Prepping!
I'm almost 'viable' and so excited to FINALLY be feeling some fairly regular movement - thanks anterior placenta! ;) Hubbie yet to feel kicks, which he's bummed about, but hopefully it won't be long now. We're still struggling with girls names, (and we like more of those than boys names!) but hopefully we'll get some agreed soon!

Grey, Canada is beautiful. I highly recommend visiting :D and yep, hard to believe I'm so close!

Still chillin mcsquillin here. Went to a friend's BBQ last night where we got to see a bunch of people we don't get to see too often - so that was fun. They actually set up a little street show as their band played a few songs out of the garage... Didn't take too long before the police came around to shut it down because of noise complaints. Which is silly considering it was only 9pm. I think the party poopers were probably some overtired parents of a baby/toddler that wouldn't go to sleep. But the party went on and was fun to catch up with everyone (i was huddled in an oversized chair and blanket towards the end. Was sooo tired). :)

My mind is officially in waiting mode. Work is a thing to occupy my time and nothing really else. I spend a bit too much time looking for what we "need" on kijiji... Today we'll be picking up some Toronto Maple Leaf hockey clothing for the babe ($7 for a onesie, hat, mitts, and booties - awesome), and since the seller has it handy I'll try to get a "my Brest friend" nursing pillow for cheap. DH is threatening to cut off my kijiji privileges (jokes). :)
And now the labour help methods have begun! Went out for spicy Thai food Friday night (so good!), had a romp, got out my fitness ball to start bouncing on, still taking my walks. C'mon baby, this is the week!

Btw grey, that's so exciting about feeling her little kicks! Your DH will be sure to feel her soon enough. :cloud9:

hey girls :)

cookie.. back with a vengeance huh? loving the sex toys idea, think i may steal it :winkwink:

prepping.. me too, can't believe you're due any day now.. how time flies! fx for a safe delivery hun :hugs:

clara.. yay for team gb! was supporting you guys after team trinidad of course, heehee.. we only got 1 gold and 2 bronze :cry: but the gold (in javelin) was only our second gold ever so we got a holiday yesterday for that :happydance:

jimm.. hope something stuck for you hunnie :hugs: think we ovulated a few days apart.. dtd at the right times but i feel so damned normal, not holding out much hope for this cycle

grey.. so exciting for you chickie! soon you'll be shopping for those cutesy baby gears (i try to not even look at them, so afraid i'll jinx myself) and getting ready to meet your lil madam :flower:

well i'm frustrated.. don't know how anybody does this ttc for so long without going insane! i've no symptoms whatsoever.. i'm thinking maybe i'll try the ntnp approach. question though: when do you start counting dpo? have no clue how many i am. if i got a positive ovulation test last thursday, would i be 4 dpo or 3 dpo today? i'm so clueless about these things :dohh:

:hug: and buttplugs

ok think i got an answer about my dpo question.. 2 days after you first get a positive is what i read, so i'm 4 dpo today with no symptoms! counting myself out already grrr. ntnp starts now!

Karine, at 4dpo there's little chance you would feel anything special going on... The little spermies likely haven't even made it to their destination yet! So relax and sit back. :) I didn't feel special at all until I saw the bfp 3 days after AF was mia.
In regards to ntnp, it's not so bad! That's kinda how it ended up working for us. The month I said we'd ntnp, that's when it happened. And it turns out that my timing was off by a few days quite likely when I looked back at romp time. So I say go for it!

:) thanks prepping! i dunno, the last day we bd'ed was friday morning because dh was away after that so i doubt i got enough spermies in there, we shall see i guess. i know it'll happen soon, i just have no patience anymore grrrr! but definitely will be ntnp next cycle.

yesterday was rough, dh is leaving for another 3 weeks offshore tonight so i was not in the best mood.. will be ok tomorrow! hate it when he goes :cry:

xx

Aww, that would suck having your DH away for such long periods. :hug:
As for the spermies, it's not like you need buckets! ;). I think your ntnp plan is a good one!
I know it'll happen for you soon enough!

How's everyone doing?? Where is everyone? *waves*

I'm now at the stage that every person I come across is asking when it's happening - like I could tell them of course. LoL And I keep on being told to stay home rather than going to the office, but what am I going to do at home except be busy twiddling my thumbs and waiting? ;) might as well busy myself at work.
Of course when next week rolls around for week 40 who knows how I'll feel about it all.

Doggy dances and buckets of spermies for any that want them!

I think there may be something going on here...

It's about 4:30am and I woke up about an hour ago to quite uncomfortable fairly regular surges. Seems I'm starting to have my bloody show too (such a pretty way of saying that).

Wonder where today is going to take us?!

(as I'm out in the living room a little worried that my waters will break on our new couch :p)

Aaa agh Prepping! So excited for you! Good luck with everything! Can't wait to hear more news :) xxx

Sorry I've been MIA, just got back from Devon and Cornwall with my little bee (started calling her that as she has a very cute bee swimsuit, will post pics soon!). It's been quite crazy but fun. It was our first road trip, just Seren and I. Daddy joined us at the end of the week at my parents' in Devon.

How is everyone? Sorry to hear OH is away for a while Karine, must be hard :hug: x

Anyway this is just a quickie, will try to get back on in a bit. Off to visit a friend today in Essex, she had her baby about 3 weeks ago :). Hope I don't get lost!

Have a fabby dabby day! X

:happydance: GL prepping! can't wait for an update! :hugs:

aww clara.. little bee, that is so cute! i'm green with envy :winkwink:

dh has left but i'm okay, just counting down the days til he gets back. i'm okay being on my own during daylight hours, it's when it gets dark that i have mini meltdowns lol.. to explain, just watched "the woman in black" recently and it's scared me shitless.. :haha:

thought i noticed something weird yesterday, had a strange stomach cramp about 2 hours after having breakfast, it was a feeling like the one you get when you have eaten bad food/ about to get a diarrhoea attack.. but nothing happened and the feeling passed within minutes. it must have been gas. anyway, whatevs, not stressing, it'll happen when it's meant to!

sending BIG :hug: to my lovelies and your little baby bees :)

Aw Karine, you should watch a lovely movie or read a happy book before bed, that may help :) And by the way, you'll have your own baby bee one day! I know it! I don't want to get your hopes up but a few nights after I (now know) I conceived, I had stomach cramps and felt really sick in the night. I thought I had a bug but felt fine the next morning. You never know, it could be something.

Just checking in to see if there's any news. Hope everyone's ok.

I visited my friend today with her 3.5 week old baby, so very sweet! It's hard to believe that my chunky little monkey was that tiny only a few weeks ago!

Anyway, love and butt plugs to all, I'm off to bed xx

Hi all!
Baby Wade decided to make his appearance today! He was born at 11:29am at 8 lbs 5 oz and 20.5". It was a really quick labour that caught the midwife by surprise (especially when she checked my cervix when she first came and I was already fully dilated). We're both doing great, he's a hungry little breast feeder and I'm just chilling in bed right now.
I'll give an account of the birth soon -- right now it's dinner time. But I have to say I'm so happy and proud that I got the home birth I wanted. The only pain relief was a couple Tylenol's and a bit of time in the bathtub.
:D:cloud9: he's gorgeous btw

Wow, how exciting. Best of all is that you and the baby are doing great and even when you were in labor a couple of hours ago now you are able to give us the greatest update. Congratulations to you and your OH! Try to rest whenever you have a chance, eat well and now just enjoy watching that beautiful baby.

Hugs!

Prepping that is amazing!! Congratulations! Wade is a gorgeous name, well done you!

Very jealous of your natural home birth! So glad it all went how you wanted. Eek, am so excited for you! He weighed an ounce more than Seren :)

Enjoy enjoy enjoy :) xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"