SPA -Stick Pee-ers Anonymous - 3 Babies, 3 BFPs and 2TTCers catching up!

Yay for Harry! So pleased to hear that update, can't wait til they're home and she can show off his cuteness :D ;)

cookie.. hooray! so happy to hear that our new spa baby is doing so well!!

sorry you're not well hun :hugs:.. am a bit under the weather myself but trying to fight it as today is cocktail thurday with my girls :wine: hey i go on vacay from the 9th as well! it's a great feeling, isn't it?

hope achelois goes home soon with her little bundle.. so happy for them both!

xx

Thanks karine, I'm on the.mend and enjoying a vino or 2 tonight :D
Hope your feeling better too and got to enjoy cocktail night with the girlies :D

Update on Achelois & little Harry -
He's been moved to another hospital - so is off all the tubes and now building up to going home. They hope to take him home in the next 2 - 3 weeks :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: he's absolutely gorgeous and A can't wait to show him off to you all. She's now allowed home but as you can imagine its hard leaving him. But she and her OH are just focusing on getting him home. Ooooo and he's put on weight and has taking boobie milk :happydance:

So all in all, Harry is heading down the road to home :happydance:

Thankyou all for your well wishes to Achelois and Harry, I'm sure it means a lot to her that we are all here thinking of her and she will be back on here as soon as things settle down. She's focusing on her precious son.... Who's absolutely gorgeous if I hadn't mentioned lol xxxxx

Update from Achelois -

Little Harry is doing really well. They have removed all the tubes from him, except his feeding tubes and monitors. They are now working on establishing feeding and him putting on weight and he will be ready to go home :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
A is also doing well and expects to be sent home soon herself. She really appreciates all the comments from you all and says thanks to you all xxxxxxxxxx

That's great news!!! Go Harry!

Love and best wishes to A Harry and her OH. Thinking about them lots xxxx

Clara, I shall pass on your well wishes :D hope little seren is doing well too xxx

Hello all

Sorry I haven't been on in months. It's been a busy busy few months.

I have some news finally!!

I am pregnant and nearly 5 weeks now. It's still early days but I thought I should announce it on here.

We had so many fertility tests and were just about to see the consultant to discuss treatment on the 30th Nov. I still can't believe it!!

I hope you are all well.

Congrats to all the new mothers and mothers to be.

I hope there will be more good news from everyone else.

Thanks
xxx

Aww Congrates hun. H&H 9months :hugs:

Quick A update.
Little harry was doing great but unfortunately caught an infection so is back on the breathing support atm so its pushed home time back. Hopefully she will be taking him home in the next 2 / 3 weeks xxxxx

Thanks for the update - fingers crossed for the little man he's over the infection soon and is home with his family :hugs:

Thanks grey. A is in good spirits atm and we had a bit of a giggle together the other night so its nice to hear her relaxed a bit. Fx Harry is home in no time.

How are you doing sweetie? Has your beautiful greyhound relaxed now too?
Big hugs to all SPA girls from me and A xxxxx

Hi ladies, thought id pop in to see how everyone is and update a little on me.
Greygirl - how are you getting on?! I see your so close to meeting your little princess now! How exciting :happydance: Also hows your little greyhound getting on?!

Afm - Well Friday was a year since my MC and ive been a bit all over the place to be honest. Last Wed I went to visit my friend who has 3yr old twins and a newborn. I saw them when the newborn was 3 weeks old and had cuddles and fed him. When I got there last week my friend was stressed trying to get the twins ready for pre-school and baby hadnt woken for his feed, which meant he would wake while we were walking twins to school. My friend asked me for a massive favour, I assumed she wanted me to take the twins which was fine with me... but no.... she wanted me to stay with her 10week old baby and feed and settle him and look after him. This was fine with me and she left as I started his feed. He was sooooo good for me, winded fine and then we danced and bopped around the room settling him down for his sleep. I was in heaven and the time flew, before I knew it he was asleep in his pram and I just couldnt take my eyes off him. My friend was back just over an hour after she left and was good to chat and catch up. Baby slept for 3 an a half hours!!! Twins came back from preschool and one of them had done a picture for me and proudly showed me her master piece which is now on my fridge, as I promised her it would be :p
The thing is, my friend trusted me with her 10 week old son, she didnt think twice about leaving him with me and that meant so much to me, especially since she was telling me how she cant stand the thought of leaving him with her MIL atm... lol. It made me see I can do this and Ive hit the point where Im angry that it hasnt happened yet. I feel like somethings missing and I NEED a baby! Its hard to explain without sounding like a crazy lady lol.
So... Ive started charting my cycle, and im doing the OPKs properly now. Ive ordered Precare conception vitamins for both me and OH and the book, Taking charge of your fertility... Ive also researched the SMEP and hope to be able to try that this month too... We shall try this for a few cycles and then if nothing I will look in to Preseed / ConcievePlus. Im on CD10 and OPK is neg of course lol, but im even keeping them to compare cos Ive never properly donne them. Oh, Ive also ordered 50 IC hpt lol. So yea, im turning in to a crazy TTCer but we both really want this and we are going to try everything to get our baby!

So yea im sorry this is so long but I just needed to vent and get everything that is rushing round my head out.

Like I said, I hope your all well, babies, bumps and Karine :p Fx your close to your bfp too hunni :D
BUTT PLUGS and HUGS xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sounds like you had a lovely time with the little man :D I'm glad it helped you feel good and I hope the new steps you're taking leads to your :bfp: soon :dust: :hugs: :dust:

Yeah, less than a week until my EDD! Can't quite believe it, my Greyboy is settling in well after finally being back with us for a week, we've started Christmas decorating to get it ready for our family coming over Christmas day (hopefully!)
No major twinges or signs of labour yet, have some pain when I lie down at night sometimes, but sorted by sitting up for a while. I'm only just at the stage of having to get up once a night to pee and generally I'm doing really well, so I'm feeling very lucky to have had such a good pregnancy (bar the constant worry she's not moving enough!)....still only put on 7lbs so happy with that too :D

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have finally worked out that the McAfee security on my laptop has been stopping me getting on this thread! I had given up using b&b because everytime I tried to view threads it would be a blank page :cry: So frustrating!!! Anyway just wanted to say hi as I have got loads to read and catch up on!

Hope all you lovely ladies are ok and I will try and do a proper update soon xx

Oooo grey not long at all. Hope everythings ready for LOs arrival :happydance:
Great news your doggie is settling back down again. Bet he is so pleased to be back with you xxx

Welcome back missh. We have missed you!

UPDATE!!!
I'm pleased to be able to share, that A has finally been able to take little Harry home! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

She hopes to be on sometime next week to fill you all in xxxx

Welcome back misshopefull! :)

I'm so glad to hear he's finally home, can't wait to see pics and hear more about his arrival :)

Well, I'm officially overdue, ha ha....

Me @ 40 weeks exactly.

https://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/522513_10151181675923668_1786346243_n.jpg

Aww grey you look amazing! Fx your little greygirl won't keep you waiting too long.
Little Harry is stunning! A sent me another pic a few days ago and he is just perfect. Can't wait to meet up with them both for cuddles.

I'm in the 2ww and like 6dpo? Nothin to report..... Fun lol xxxx

Happy birth day Isabelle!!! Congrats on your beautiful baby Greygirl! Hope you both are doing great!!!
Afm: I've been very busy but I just stopped by to tell you girls that I am expecting a boy!!!
Good luck to you Cookie!! Fingers crossed for a BFP!!!

Happy holidays to everybody just in case I don't "see you" here before this year ends!!!

Thank you :D :hugs:

This is my birth story as written at the moment...

So on Monday I was at home and my waters broke while I had my leg up on a surface to reach to clip my toe nails - weird internal pop and gush!
Went to MLU to be assessed and while being checked internally more waters went and I was told I was 2cm - so the pains I'd had the night before were not from a uti it turned out I didn't have...but from early labour!
So that was around 4pm I got checked (waters went at 3pm) and because I'd mentioned yet another bout of reduced movement they let me stay in that suite while I waited for triage or day assessment unit to have a space, they said the wait would be around 2 hours.
During the wait the pains got stronger and I texted my husband to say he'd be starting his paternity leave. I hadn't got my hospital bag with me as I was expecting to get checked and then come back 2 days later for induction if it didn't start...oops!
So I decided to sit on the ball and rock, well, more water gushed! I only had on jeans and they were soaked...I peeled them off and when my husband arrived I was just in my maternity top, socks and shoes!
The pains steadily and quickly got worse and quicker - I went from 3-4 minutes apart to about a minute quite quickly. A midwife came to check me and said I was in labour and wouldn't be going home...they checked me around 8pm and I'd got to 4cm!
I was asking to go in the pool at this point, but they delayed me because of being monitored and I said I couldn't sit still for the 20 minutes, I needed to move...thankfully they understood - let me get in the pool and simply did a doppler every 15 minutes with me in the water, I got some g&a as well and although neither the water or gas took away the pain, it certainly helped. In between contractions I floated on my back and dozed, I was spaced out but not hallucinating thankfully, just enough that I could be somewhere else when I wasn't needing to focus. I spent the majority of the time with my eyes closed. I did ask for the epidural a few times, but once they said I'd have to get out the water I said forget it - the water was my home :)
At some point the pains got a fair bit worse and my body started convulsing in the water as it tried to push the baby out. I wasn't in control, but thankfully wasn't shouting or screaming, just grunting with the effort. They said I pushed for around 49 minutes. Felt like longer, but at least it was productive. I pushed on my back floating as it was the only position I was comfortable in, unfortunately it meant her head went around the bend a few times. I have heard of the "ring of fire" before, and thought it would hurt and sting - I had NO IDEA it would sting/hurt that much! It really really hurt, but the midwives kept me calm and talked me through it, she stayed there a moment and I did some small pushes, then my body took over and did a big push - I think that's when I tore :( Her head was out and I could see a tiny head with really dark hair - husband said after I did indeed 'look like a playing card'...the next push or two and she was out, into the hands of a student midwife and push straight onto my chest. We floated there for half an hour, her just staring at me and although there were 3 midwives there they just waited by the pool talking to us and they hadn't shouted PUSH or anything, just quiet encouragement, they were lovely :)
Then after around half an hour, my placenta still hadn't delivered and I allowed the cord to be cut, Daddy did it and had a cuddle while I tried to push out placenta. Over an hour after the birth and nothing, I don't think I had any push left. I'd been in active labour for 5ish hours and it was early morning...so tired!
They gave me the injection at the hour mark and nothing...they had to do a manual evacuation which hurt as much as delivering the baby! I think I made the same sounds, and I sucked a lot on g&a...then the midwife examined me and I'd got a 2nd degree tear :( I then needed numbing and stitching up...it was the weirdest thing, I could feel her stitching, but couldn't feel the pain, it felt like a corset being done up!
We then got taken to another room to sleep/recuperate (I was the only person giving birth that night, so we were spoilt!). I didn't get much sleep, I have an irrational fear of SIDS and even now days later constantly worry when she's not in our arms.
The next morning we had a nice breakfast and came home. We were back in hospital the next day though because the midwife thought she heard a heart murmur - thankfully no murmur but she did have low blood sugar because I hadn't been able to get anything into her :( This hasn't improved and she's still on mainly formula with whatever I can express, she gets too upset at the breast as she wants instant results...I'm going to a support group on Monday to try and get help.
She doesn't like sleeping at night it seems, but in the day is very happy - gotta work on that. Loving motherhood even though I haven't slept more than an hour at a time since Tuesday, but we're in love with our little rainbow miracle :D
Sorry it's so long - it's basically a positive birthing story, just a few surprises.

Congratulations Grey on the birth of beautiful Isabelle. Love her name :D
Loved reading your birth story. Sorry you had a bad tear though and having problems with bf. Hopefully its just teething issues and you will get there hunni.
Awww so pleased for you hunni. :happydance: :hugs: :happydance:

JIMM - congratulations on finding out your team blue. How exciting, now you get to shop all the lovely boys clothes :happydance:

Afm - no preg symptoms and af due today. Had some tinged cm so feel af will be here by the end of the night or tomorrow. Onwards and upwards lol xxx

hey girls :flower:

oh my goodness, it's been so long! was on vacation for a month and when i came back was having some problems logging on here..

grey.. congrats on your little girl hunnie! so glad you had a good delivery and love, love, love her name!:hugs:

jimm.. :happydance: team blue!! congrats hun!!

cookie.. gosh sorry for my absence! i've been the worst buddy haven't i? no luck on my end yet and we only skipped trying one month because we were on vacation and staying with relatives. i've bought us supplements which we will start taking this month (even tho i already ovulated) but definitely if nothing happens within 3 months, it's off to the doctor's for us both.

hope everyone else is doing great :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->