SPA -Stick Pee-ers Anonymous - 3 Babies, 3 BFPs and 2TTCers catching up!

Clara, beautiful name :cloud9:. I can't wait to hear the birth story! I hope you and baby are doing well and getting into the groove of things a couple days in. I'm so happy for all of you!!!

Grey, I wouldn't be worried at all about not having sickness! All I had for the first number of weeks is exactly what you mentioned - sore boobs and was really tired. As people would tell me, enjoy it. :) I certainly have so far.

Ach, way to go on how you told your hubby. :) so how are you feeling?? The best thing you can do is relax and flush out any worries as they won't do any good anyway. And you're right, they're packed in pretty secure that a little fall wouldn't be a harm. Doesn't protect you from some bruised knees though :)

Cookie, I find I don't even like when I remember dreams.... On the most part they're such a waste of brain space. Maybe it mostly just bugs me when Im completing a test and am trying to remember what I studied but all I can think of is something ridiculous that I dreamt the night before. :p but hey, if it's a symptom, all the better!

Karine, must be nice to hit the beach anytime! We've had the craziest weather here. A month ago we had a week of temps around 25C, it's been hovering around 10C since then, and this morning I woke up to it snowing. Just wacky out there! Enjoy your sister visit! And hey, at least you're making all the other guys jealous of how awesome of a wife your hubby has. Rar!

Afm, okay I have to admit one complaint I've had for quite a bit of the last number of months. It's not a big deal as it could certainly be worse. Buuut.... gas. Holy shoot! For every bite you give this kid, he gives back an air bubble. And as far as I've been able to find, there's nothing I can take for it. My poor DH too.... I have to admit there's been some funny times.... but it's certainly not added any sexiness to being preggy. LoL Especially the piercing pain of a tiny air bubble being caught in the wrong spot. I think the baby is fueled on it or something.

But anyway, that's my little peeve of the day. I'll have to take a pic soon too as he's starting to poke out where I genuinely look like I've got a belly going on. And I think it must've just happened overnight as I swear he wasn't this big yesterday.

:D

Lol prepping, I know what you mean about remembering stupid things when we try hard to remember the important stuff lol. I'm currently sat with my work book revising for my final exam and its not going in :( but I remember the stupid hammy dream :rofl:

Awwwww I feel sorry for you about the gas problem hunni. Atleast you have an excuse so can get away with it lol. Just stay away from the curry hunni :D lol. Oooh can't wait to see your bump picture hunni :happydance:

Grey, Clara, A, karine, missh - hope you lovely ladies are all ok.
Hugs and butt plugs xxxxxxxxxx

hey gals :)

cookie.. oh that's exactly how i feel! but i refuse to harp on it or let ppl pressure me anymore. i'm so worried about the age thing.. just have to CHILL, lol. but all the same i can't wait to be back on the crazywagon :winkwink: hey any weirdness going on with you?

prepping.. gosh not looking forward to the gassy bit.. i'd rather have the morning sickness and spots! :blush: island life is nice, but sometimes i'd die to be somewhere that's freezing cold. you get over the heat really fast, lol. and trinidad isn't as nice as where i'm going for vacay, over there it's much more laid-back and the beaches are gorge. hey when i win the lottery i'll fly all you girls over here for a holiday :winkwink:

:hugs: and buttplugs xx

Bless you karine, hurry with the lotto winning already hunni :happydance:
My surrogate mum from work is actually on her way there now so I will hear all about Trinidad when she returns :D
Don't worry hunni, you will be back in the game in no time :hugs:

Nope not much to report, kinda feeling less confident actually if I'm honest. No sore bbs, have a bit of a dull ache in ny back but that's from being in the same position studying for the past 5 hours lol. I'm not feeling it now for some reason lol. So will be back with you next cycle hunni :D xxxx

Hi girls

Prepping - sounds like a blast - literally with the gas! haha! At least as Cookie said you have an excuse. I have noticed this a bit myself but more directly after I have eaten.

Last night I had terrible indigestion where I felt like my dinner was stuck just below my throat - cant eat as much as I did at the moment for some reason but that shouldnt hurt the waistline - having said that I am starving a lot more regularly. Couldnt face breakfast this morning - forced myself to have some but think I was still full from last night.

Having very hot flushes today and weeing more!! Joy! DYING for the 12 to be over. Longest 2ww x 6 ever! On the upside when I go away with work on 13 May I will return on 1st June and will be 9w5d by then so nearly at scan time thank god!

Stopped testing yesterday. Going to try one on Saturday and one next week just to be sure and then relax.

Cookie & Karine - you will be joining us in no time. Cookie - even though I could have sworn I knew I was there were days when I just didnt believe it any more and lost hope. Keep your fingers crossed hunni and relax. I bought some Internet Cheapies supposedly 10miu but they were all blank until after I did my first digital and even now the line is feint. It was getting darker but OH said it was slightly psychotic testing every single day. I tend to agree just so want to keep checking and knowing everything is ok.

Karine - Im with Cookie - get that lotto win underway hunni - would love for us all to get together. Maybe we should make a pact that if we are all still in touch by a certain year we should arrange a meet centrally?!?! That would be SO cool!

Anyway, lovely talking to you all

Hope MissH, Clara and Grey are all ok

Love

A x

Aww A :hugs: :D everything is gonna be fine this time round hunni, I know it will.
All the pregnancy symptoms are sneaking in ok you now sweetie and you will be popping along with prepping and grey in no time lol. And atleast your scan doesn't see too far away hey :happydance:
Try eating little and often to see if that is more appealing to you hunni :D
I also agree with the meet too. Would be awsome to stay in touch and arrange a central meet and have all the spa ladies and spa babies together :D

Idk A, one second I feel so positive then the next I'm not. I don't have anything going on to make me think I am, just that we doggy danced more than normal and at the right times so I guess I'm clinging on to that.

Slight admission here..... I just did a opk to curb the poas addiction! Don't know what I expected but didn't stop me examining it thoroughly :rofl: and then I went and counted my hpts lol. I've got 10 ICs, 1 FRER and 1 CB digi Haha.
Out of interest A, what IC do you have cos mine are the 10mui ones too?
God I wish this 2ww was almost up already lol xxxxxx

achelois.. ok there's a draw tonight so i'll buy a ticket on the way home lol :winkwink: it would be so fab to meet all of you! i have a similar pact with my friends, we're hoping to do a european tour in a few years.. so exciting! maybe i'll visit the british spa girls when i come :happydance:

remember what you always tell me cookie, you're not out til whatsherface shows! but i do know how you feel, it's like you get doubts and try to convince yourself you aren't preg (but you still are madly hopeful in secret) to try to protect yourself from a bad ending. problem is nothing can make it easier. i'm hopeful for you, i really wish it's your turn, don't mind if i'm the last one, lol. keeping everything tightly crossed for you (and i mean everything, hahaha) since i'm out of commission for a while :haha:

xx, k.

Uk fertility solutions pack of 50 for 15 pounds.

What did the opk say?!

I honestly went through the 2ww thinking I am today I'm not today I definitely am I'm definitely not. Relax. You'll know soon enough and thanks to previous discussions we all know how amazing the doggy dance is for catching!

Love ya chick xxx

Oh Karine that's so lovely of you to say xxx and I think if you're in Europe you should DEFINITELY pop in - would be rude not to!

Hope you're doing ok sweetie xxxx

Karine - Yes as they say, you gotta be in it to win it! So make sure you pick up a ticket hunni, you never know :D
Aww that made me giggle about having EVERYTHING crossed :rofl: very sweet of you so we shall see hey hun, and I know what you mean about convinving yourself your out but secretly hoping! lol.

A - My ICs are One Step pregnancy strips. Obviously I've never had a bfp on one so dunno if they are actually any good lol.
My OPK had a very faint, barely there second line..... so I guess im not ovulating :rofl: I dunno what i expected but I really had to pee on something and theres no point wasting a IC at like 5dpo.... Implantation wouldnt of happened yet lol! Im not 100% sure if im 5 or 6dpo lol but still.... would rather pee on the OPK than the IC cos I dont wanna use them all up as im hoping these will be the last I have to purchase for a while.... unlikely :rofl: Oh yes.... Good old doggy dancing ;)
I also know what you mean about not knowing whats going on. When did your first symptoms come hunni? :hugs: Loves you too :hugs: Sooooooo pleased your back :happydance:

Im just relaxing and going with it!

Ooooooooo quick question. A im on my laptop so can i have the link for the SPA siggy please.... AND :D what about updating the thread title with all the bfps and spa babies we have? Just a thought :D

Love to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Right I'll investigate what brand my ICs are this evening. They are rubbish though. Even an Asda one (outside of time grams so poss evap) have me a very very faint positive at 6dpo. Had symtons from like 1dpo. Back ache etc. I don't think the baby has to implant for symptoms I'm not sure. I know it does for hcg bit I think changes on oestrogen (sp) and progesterone can give you symptoms too so don't discount them!!

Clara will need to provide spa link. An good point will update ASAP. Updated page one the other day. Just not the title x

Ok thanks hunni bun :D Will get the siggy once Clara has the time to do it :D

Ive heard that the asda ones are quite good! 6DPO you got a faint bfp!! Thats crazy. I have this feeling that when I eventually get my bfp I'm gonna be like 2 weeks late lol.
Yea if you get a chance to check the type of ICs you have just so I know a bit more about them lol. Just being nosey really :)

And thankyou for the info, I just assumed bean would have to implant but obviously not.
So excited for you sweetie :happydance:

Are you stuck on a train atm on your way home?! Weather has been proper pants today lol xxxx

Mine are first step. Only really been getting a line since Tuesday. One day post af.
The Asda one was crazy fair though. And I swore evap as so early. As soon as I can figure out how to do it I'll post pics of first steps and digi xxxxx

Oh and was on train lol! That's all I do now every spare second is google!!! And bnb xxx

Lol. Thought so. I bnb all the time too do don't worry. I've been studying all day but been checking in every so often lol. Practically hourly :rofl:
Ok, well I'm not expecting the cheapies to be any good but wanna keep the frer and digi for confirmation purposes only lol. So will start playing with the cheapies in a week I guess lol.

Hope your resting up now your home and manage to eat somethin sweetie :D
I'm still waiting for DF to get home :( xxxxxx

Hi lovelies!

Sorry, it's so hard to get time to post recently, can't imagine why! Ok, signature: I think if you click on mine you should get taken to the link..

A how you feeling? I had a night where I felt so sick all night and really 'aciddy' right at the beginning. My sis thought it may have been implantation.

Cookie, hope AF stays away for you

Prepping haha, wind! I remember that :)

Karine would be fab to see you in Europe one day and we can all have a proper SPA girls and beans meet up!

MissH, hope you and little man are well :)

AFM, I'm enjoying this crazy journey! Seren has been so good so far. I'm hoping she's not lulling me into a false sense of security....;) she's very hungry so we're getting a lot of breastfeeding practice! I'm persevering through sore nips and backache and trying new positions etc.

I'll post this bit then start birth story in case I get interrupted! She's feeding right now so I may have a little time! :)

Hope everyone's ok, sorry of I've missed anything.

Hugs and plugs x

So, birth story. As you know, contractions started finally on Saturday, by around 1am Sunday morning they were 3 mins apart do called Birth Centre to say we're coming in. They asked me to go to triage first for observation because I was 2 weeks overdue. So we did and they put a monitor on to track her heartbeat and my contractions. It showed she was in slight distresss and they continued to monitor with me in a different position. This seemed to work and her heartbeats showed she was happier. However the birth centre and labour ward were full at this point so we had to stay in triage for a couple of hours. I was really proud of myself at this point ss id mot even had a paracetamol! We started using the TENS though when the midwife reminded us we had one! They were still a bit worried about her so told me we'd have to go to labour ward and recommended I had my waters broken to get the process moving a bit. There was still a chance to go to birth centre after at this point. However, when they broke my waters there was grade 2 meconium in there so the birth centre was now out :( So they were even more concerned about her after this so wanted to put me on a syntocinon drip to strengthen and regulate contractions and move the labour along. I was nervous about this as I know the contractions can ramp up in pain and strength quite quickly and was only just managing with them by this point. I reluctantly agreed to epidural and they started both this and the drip together. Very strange! I could see my tummy contracting and feel the tightening when I put my hand there but no pain! so we continued like this for a while, constantly being monitored as she kept showing signs of distress. By about 2pm they examined me and I was 8cm dilated. The midwife who'd been with me all this time on labour ward had to go at 4, when I was due to be examined again. She topped up my epidural, I kind of wish she hadn't topped it up so much now looking back but I'll explain this in a bit. I was quite tired now so had a short nap. At the changeover the new midwife examined me and baby's head ed on its war down! I had said it feels very 'full and pressure-y' down there about 15 mins before exam! So another midwife was called and I started pushing stage. Unfortunately I was numb because of the epi. So I had to keep asking the midwife when I was contracting. I'm not going to lie, this bit was the hardest thing I've ever done! I was pushing do hard and OH and the midwives kept telling me to push more and that she couldn't stay where she was as it was dangerous. I got a bit upset here as I was so tired and terrified I was hurting her. Anyway they had to do an episiotomy but I felt such a strong need to push while she was doing it. Anyway, Seren finally came out and she was ok :) They put her straight on my chest which was so surreal after all this time-i just stared at her! They then took her to clean her. When they have me her back she fed for 15-20 mins. I had to have an operation as I tore quite badly as well as the episiotomy do they topped up my epidural with spinal block and then OH, Seren and I went into theatre. OH sat and held my hand, one of the theatre staff tried to settle Seren. In the end she put baby on my breast to feed while they operated!

So after this I spent two nights in the postnatal ward under observation. Stem was being observed too due to the meconium. We're both fine now though (bit sore!) and happy to be home as a family at last. Midwife came to check us yesterday and we're doing well :)

So, not the natural, drug free waterbirth I wanted but we're fine and Seren is so worth it. I'm totally on love with her :)

X

Oh Clara :happydance: so pleased to hear your birth story hunni.
Sorry it wasnt the birth you planned for but atleast your both doing well hunni.
Sounds like you settled in to breast feeding straight away too :happydance:
So so so happy for you. Can't wait to see pics.

Enjoy little seren and settling in to your new family life sweetie :hugs: well done mummy xxxxx

Thanks hunni. Glad you understood all that, just seen all the typos!!

Will try and post pics ASAP but just using my mobile right now and can't seem to do it on there. Maybe I'll email you :)

X

Oh Clara - what a beautiful story - maybe not exactly as you had planned but at least shes here, shes healthy and you are totally smitten. Cannot wait to see the photos.

Me - I am planning on telling my mother and sh1tting myself is not the word. Not right away but maybe next week, the week after or when I am 10 weeks (back from work trip) but thinking of buying a Gradparents to be card and putting this in it:

Dear Grandpa & Grandma,

I do not have a face to see,
Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss.
I don't yet have a name.

Not yet can you hold my tiny hands,
Nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song,
Or cuddle me so near.

But all that will change come this December;
When they say I am due.
I am your newest grandchild;
And I can't wait until I meet you!

All I ask between now and then
Is your love for me to grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait;
Just think of all the joy we'll know!

So as you're waiting patiently,
Please pray lots of prayers for me.
I cannot wait to be a part
Of this wonderful family!

What do you think? When should I tell them. After last time I was wanted to wait until I had a scan pic but I am worried my mum may be disappointed and feel hurt I didnt tell her sooner......... just dont know what to do!

A xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->