SPD/PGP Support thread

Hello all!

I suspect I may have SPD, and I am meeting with my OB on Wednesday to discuss it. One thing that is confusing me a little bit is that many of the positions which seem the most comfortable to me while I'm in them, may be contributing to my pelvic pain - for instance, I really enjoyed sitting on an exercise ball at work on Friday, but when I went to stand up, I couldn't! Took me almost 10 minutes to be able to stand up right. Also, sitting cross-legged really makes my back feel better, but now I'm afraid to, for fear of making the pelvis worse.

Since trying to 'keep my knees together' so to speak, back pain is starting to flare up - but at least I've been able to stand up straight and walk without too much pain.

Is that something anyone else has found?

I feel better when I sit cross legged too, I'm very confused as to what I should be doing and I had a group physio class today which essentially she told me to do pelvic floors, a special stretch and then told me to do less at work which I can't really do short of not being there. - Epic Fail. Thankfully I have a private physio appt on Thursday and I'm hoping she can help me more.

yeah i find when im sat in some posistions that it eases my pelvis but when i have to then bear weight on it again then it hurts worse :dohh: its a pain and you have to find a happy medium that works for you.

Joining this thread as the doc confirmed I have SPD, even though I'm only 17 weeks. I've actually had it since at least 12 weeks, but another doc dismissed it at my last appointment. I feel a bit defeated though - my doc said there is nothing I can do about it. Glad I found this thread with all your ladies' advice - I'm heading to see a chiropractor today.

Joining this thread as the doc confirmed I have SPD, even though I'm only 17 weeks. I've actually had it since at least 12 weeks, but another doc dismissed it at my last appointment. I feel a bit defeated though - my doc said there is nothing I can do about it. Glad I found this thread with all your ladies' advice - I'm heading to see a chiropractor today.

welcome sweetym, its not the best to have to join this thread (obv nobody wants to have SPD or PGP) but its great to have support and share what we find easy/hard etc

theres nothing you can do about it, but there are a lot of things that make it bearable at times and any amount of pain is worth it in the end when you get you new member of your family :D

bit rubbish tho that you have had to suffer for 5 weeks without anything tho! but at least it has been diagnosed now and you know what it is and why your in pain, its always better to have a reason
xxx

How do you ladies deal with the extra crankiness that comes with being in chronic pain? I tend towards a temper anyway, and with the pregnancy hormones and now this I am worried about being unbearable to my family :(

I've already caught myself snapping/using harsher than necessary tones with my dog, husband, 4 yr old and even my little toddler (although to be fair she is almost 2 and definitely showing it...). I've never been particularly good at managing my temper, but I figure its never too late to try and honestly I just don't want to end up the screamer that my mom was!

How do you ladies deal with the extra crankiness that comes with being in chronic pain? I tend towards a temper anyway, and with the pregnancy hormones and now this I am worried about being unbearable to my family :(

I've already caught myself snapping/using harsher than necessary tones with my dog, husband, 4 yr old and even my little toddler (although to be fair she is almost 2 and definitely showing it...). I've never been particularly good at managing my temper, but I figure its never too late to try and honestly I just don't want to end up the screamer that my mom was!

vent on here! its the best! i tend to have a good scream at OH a few times a day too, it feels good to call him, vent and then slam down the phone, he knows that i dont mean it tho and i usually say sorry at the end of the day after a good nap lol! xx

I'm tempted to pick a fight with my sister's useless boyfriend. He irritates me during the best of times, and I've already had one tirade at him this pregnancy.

I'll try to stick to venting here though :D

i walk away from whatever is irritating me then go scream at a wall or pillow lol

i walk away from whatever is irritating me then go scream at a wall or pillow lol

lol i tried doing the screaming at a pillow and it infuriated me even more because i had been reduced to screaming at things that cant answer back lol!

Hi all,

I had awful SPD with my ds 6 years ago and have just found out I am pregnant again. We are chuffed to bits but I am a little anxious about the SPD returning especially as I am now also diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

It might be TMI but I've been getting pain at the front of my pelvis the past 2 days and today it is uncomfortable to walk on my left leg; please don't tell me the SPD can return this early?!

I had some pelvic pain early in the first trimester with my first, also left leg, and it faded away by the time month 4 rolled around. It came back in the 8th month, but was *nothing* like the pains I'm dealing with this time around, that I'm assuming are SPD (see the doctor this afternoon).

So there is a chance your pains will go away.

i had pains in early first tri then it went away for a while and has only been back since entering second tri that its been bugging me

I like the silly idiot i am decided that yesterday was a fab day to re jig the living room furniture about! it felt fine while i was doing it but then OMG the pain after i sat down yesterday evening was unbearable! i had to give in to my co codamol and i was still in pain, couldnt sleep all night and woke up this morning hobbling around like an old woman! so now im in pain with my poor hips and back and so im flopped on the couch and will be for the foreseeable future lol! DD thinks that me being in pain is a great excuse to mess about! im going to have a fun day :) lol!

iv been getting numbness in my legs for the past couple of days, anybody know if this is usual in PGP? my next physio is in about 3 weeks time! sooo far off lol! xx

numbness can mean you have affected a nerve or could be BP problems hun if it keeps up or you get any swelling talk to your MW.

Hi girls! I did a lot of walking last weekend and ever since my hips/ pelvis have been killing me. It's worse in the morning or if I've been sat/ stood for a long time and feels like a popping/ grinding pain. Any tips for keeping it at bay until I see my physio? thanks for pointing me here Lynni x

numbness can mean you have affected a nerve or could be BP problems hun if it keeps up or you get any swelling talk to your MW.

thanks,its an affected or trapped nerve, went the docs this morning as i was still in pain, BP all fine he just told me to take it easy until my physio app and to drink more as he thinks im nearly dehydrated oops! xx

Hi girls! I did a lot of walking last weekend and ever since my hips/ pelvis have been killing me. It's worse in the morning or if I've been sat/ stood for a long time and feels like a popping/ grinding pain. Any tips for keeping it at bay until I see my physio? thanks for pointing me here Lynni x

brace yourself for when you sit/stand, do pelvic floor and hold it until you are up or down. keep your knees together, try to bend using your knees keeping your back and hips straight, sleep with pillows between your legs and under your bump, try not to sit in the same position for too long as i always find that i seize up if i do! birthing ball seems to help lots too! dont carry heavy shopping bags, if you are carrying some bags then try to evenly spead the weight so both sides are carrying the same and dont push shopping trolleys.
thats all i can remember at the min but theres probably sooo much more to do! xxx

Thanks hun x iv been given codrydamol ... Anyone else been given this?

i posted on your thread in second tri hun but yes ive had codrydamol during pregnancy labour and post birth while breastfeeding before it is safe though they probably wont want you on high doses right before your due date

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->