"Special" Christmas cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flubdub

Reaction score
Do you buy them? A lot of them?
I just bought all of ours and it seemed ridiculous......

3 x brother ones for my kids to give each other
3 x Daddy ones to my OH off the kids
1 for my mum
1 for my dad
3 x nanna ones
3 x grandad ones
1 for OH

Im sure I never used to buy that many! :wacko:

The last 2 years it has cost me about £40 for these. This year, we are making them instead!!

i only have one lo so its not quite so bad for me, i get

1x daughter
1x daddy
1x great nan
2x nan and grandad
1x mum and dad
1x dad and step mum
1x oh

although i dont spend a huge amount on them i usually get them from the cheap card shop here 'card factory'

we bought some last year but it turned out quite expensive, and people who dont get them get upset about it :shrug: but you have to draw the line somewhere
so this year the Los are making them and we will probley just get each other (mammy, daddy, son, 1st christmas, husband and wife) them then everyone else can just have a normal card from us

you could get one for daddy and grandparents from all 3 LOs

flubdub...that bug you have crawling around your signiture keeps tricking me, keep thinking its real :dohh:

charli87...last year we couldnt even get in our 'card factory' it was that busy, gonna have to get some soon

flubdub...that bug you have crawling around your signiture keeps tricking me, keep thinking its real :dohh:

charli87...last year we couldnt even get in our 'card factory' it was that busy, gonna have to get some soon

haha yes definitely ours is the same, i bought all mine the other day so at least i wont have to face it in there again:haha:

I like card factory too, but was in Asda anyway so bought them there :)

I used to buy a ton of special cards every year, then I caught myself on and realised I was spending £50-£60 on cards and most of them were binned come the 2nd Jan :wacko:

Now I just make little postcards with a pic of the boys on them and just give everyone on of those. I only buy special cards for

OH
My boys
MIL
my sister

Callums made his for family this year, then i'm just giving cards from a box set from me and OH, i think people will appreciate homemade ones from callum more then shop bought, and like someone else said, they're usually binned come january to xx

I only buy for immediate family (we have a huge family) and I get them from the Card Factory can get most cards for 59-89p so works out quite cheap.

I only buy 3. One for my OH, one for my DS and one to OH from DS. My parents are not card people and we don't send to other family members as they are too far away and also couldn't give a crap :rofl:

I buy
1x mum
1x dad
1x mum&dad
1x sister
2x gran

I think this year I'll just get Harvey to make ones from the boys to their grandparents, aunties, uncles and maybe even the nursery staff (or is that a bit tight?)

d just get one card off all the kids if i were you xx

I buy them for hubby, Daisy, my parents, hubby's parents, grandparents cards from Daisy and for a couple of my best friends.

I'm in the same position as Sabby-we receive special cards from our entire family every year at every big occasion-Christmas, Easter, and new year!! I'm spending a hideous amount on cards-we have to buy

3x grandparents
2x great grandparents
1x dad and stepmum card
1x mum and dad
1x mum and stepdad
2x nephew cards
2x aunty and uncle
2x aunty
4x sister/sister and her husband
2x son+daughter AND
1x fiancée!

needless to say, this year we are making our own! gotta love a bit of glitter glue :winkwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back