Sperm Meets Egg Plan Chatter thread!

On what cycle day should you start getting faints on the OPKs? im on CD13 and getting absolutely nothing so far .. should i be getting faints now? i have a 28day cycle so should be O'ving soon ... Help ..

I start getting faint opk's around CD12 then had my mega positive opk on CD14, I have a 27 day cycle so should be any day for you now!

I also test 3 times a day to make sure I catch it!

I start getting faint opk's around CD12 then had my mega positive opk on CD14, I have a 27 day cycle so should be any day for you now!

I also test 3 times a day to make sure I catch it!

Nessicle - do you know how long your surge lasts? Do you carry on testing once you get the +opk? I only test once a day using the CBFM - got my Peak reading on Friday morning from negative the morning before... checked again on friday at 12pm and the smiley was still there on the opk, then again at 8pm and it had gone... is it usual to last less than a day?

I usually stop testing once I have a definite +opk, as it means the surge is there, usually bd 3 times around that anyway (SMEP says 3 consecutive days from +opk but cos of timing I had to do CD13 then two consecutive days instead) so I'm afraid I dont know how long my surge lasts

I think the surge can last or stay in your system for up to 2 days so you could continue getting +opk's for a day or two before they start to fade, eggy has usually popped by 2nd day after +opk anyhow

I was going to ask you all the same thing. Its my second day of getting lines on my opk but they are so close to a positive I get confused, my dh even stared at them was like "woah they are so close" lol. I normally have a 32 day cycle and ov on about 17/18. I cant afford to use expensive tests all the time but oh I hate lines!!! your mind starts playing tricks on you!

I usually stop testing once I have a definite +opk, as it means the surge is there, usually bd 3 times around that anyway (SMEP says 3 consecutive days from +opk but cos of timing I had to do CD13 then two consecutive days instead) so I'm afraid I dont know how long my surge lasts

I think the surge can last or stay in your system for up to 2 days so you could continue getting +opk's for a day or two before they start to fade, eggy has usually popped by 2nd day after +opk anyhow

Yeah have been doing SMEP this month altho missed a day when I was at a function overnight in London on Thursday - the day before the peak showed up... so I'm just wondering if i've messed up my chances... BD 8,10, 13 +opk, 14,15 and tonight which is day 17.

What do ya reckon?

On what cycle day should you start getting faints on the OPKs? im on CD13 and getting absolutely nothing so far .. should i be getting faints now? i have a 28day cycle so should be O'ving soon ... Help ..

I get absolutely nothing, no faints etc and then I'll get a pos or nearly pos all at once, lasts about 24 hours then gone again.

I was going to ask you all the same thing. Its my second day of getting lines on my opk but they are so close to a positive I get confused, my dh even stared at them was like "woah they are so close" lol. I normally have a 32 day cycle and ov on about 17/18. I cant afford to use expensive tests all the time but oh I hate lines!!! your mind starts playing tricks on you!

The first time you get a line so close to pos whether it may be pos or almost there, you should use that one. The second day doesn't matter too much. Just test up until you get that squint-real-hard at it to determine if it's as dark. Even if your surge lasts for longer than 24 hours, if you follow this plan you're covered.

Yeah have been doing SMEP this month altho missed a day when I was at a function overnight in London on Thursday - the day before the peak showed up... so I'm just wondering if i've messed up my chances... BD 8,10, 13 +opk, 14,15 and tonight which is day 17.

What do ya reckon?

sounds near perfect hun! you're in a for a good shot this cycle by the sounds of above :flower:

Hello everyone, I'm thinking of trying this plan this cycle but when i showed hubby the plan and he saw that we had to :sex: every other day he almost fell on the floor lol, poor guy works long shifts and is pretty tired at the end of the day. Just a question, did those of you who tried find it hard?

Hi ginma! Actually I think it takes a lot of the stress off. When I told DH about the plan (we're officially starting tomorrow) he was excited! He told me that since he knows the plan it will take pressure off me to be the one to initiate :sex: all the time.

Ladies..... I got my + OPK on Thursday of last week.... however I have irratic temps.... so no crosshairs using advanced does this mean I did not ovulate? Or is something going on with my enviroment that is messing with my temps?

Ladies we broke our SMEP plan already :dohh:
We DTD a little eariler and ended up getting carried away . . .

and while I'm confessing, on Sunday we also DTD although he managed to 'control' himself that time lol

I'm worried now as to what our next stage is :wacko:
Do we go ahead and :sex: tomorrow like planned or skip tomorrow and go for it Thurs?

Also I just did my frist ever OPK!!!
Something is showing :thumbup:
Although it is pretty faint but non the less definately there :)

:happydance:

xx

going to read through this in a few hours but just thought i'd let y'all know i got another faint line this evening after holding my pee for like, 5 hours.. very faint but darker than the first. i swear i better not be getting evaps! guess we'll see tomorrow morning.. also, everything is extremely wet down there.. almost like i wet myself. awful. ended up coming home early, i was uncomfortable and besides that OH was being an idiot. throwing up in my mouth, gassy, too much CM, boobs hurt, and all totally worth it if i get my bfp <3

Mamaxm, you are sooo pregnant! Super excited for you!!!!! If you want further validation, you should buy a digital test that reads "pregnant." Now we can be bump buddies. I tested this morning and got a faint line ... but it was definitely there! :happydance:

We were following SME but our BDs fell off of schedule ... and we still got our :bfp:! For the other ladies that fell off of schedule, there's still hope! You can also remove me from Apr 30 testing. Looks like I won't need it!!

going to read through this in a few hours but just thought i'd let y'all know i got another faint line this evening after holding my pee for like, 5 hours.. very faint but darker than the first. i swear i better not be getting evaps! guess we'll see tomorrow morning.. also, everything is extremely wet down there.. almost like i wet myself. awful. ended up coming home early, i was uncomfortable and besides that OH was being an idiot. throwing up in my mouth, gassy, too much CM, boobs hurt, and all totally worth it if i get my bfp <3

Mamaxm, you are sooo pregnant! Super excited for you!!!!! If you want further validation, you should buy a digital test that reads "pregnant." Now we can be bump buddies. I tested this morning and got a faint line ... but it was definitely there! :happydance:

We were following SME but our BDs fell off of schedule ... and we still got our :bfp:! For the other ladies that fell off of schedule, there's still hope! You can also remove me from Apr 30 testing. Looks like I won't need it!!

Thanks hun

and Congratulations!! :happydance:

and while I'm confessing, on Sunday we also DTD although he managed to 'control' himself that time lol

Do we go ahead and :sex: tomorrow like planned or skip tomorrow and go for it Thurs?

xx

If something is showing, I would definitely DTD tonight and the next two nights to be safe. I've never used an OPK so maybe one of the other girls would know better but I'm assuming this is your fertile period. :thumbup:

:dust:

Hi firstly im not sure if i am right but i understood a positive opk is only when the line is as dark or darker then the control line faint lines dont count i think lol and congrats on the :bfp: xx

MAMAXM- I am soooooo excited for you CONGRATS!!!!!! :bunny:

i'm testing the third i believe.. but every morning until then as well, haha! praying for a bfp, my bbs are killing me right now. i've just been on gymboree.com for an hour. oh i want to buy some baby clothes. they have the cutest little alligator onsies, i would totally buy one and if it was a girl just sew a big pink bow on it.
how are you doing?

I am struggling...... charts all messed up had to override because i got my + OPK on thursday but no crosshairs as temps seem to be all over the place....... enough about me I am sooooo happy for you!

Hi firstly im not sure if i am right but i understood a positive opk is only when the line is as dark or darker then the control line faint lines dont count i think lol and congrats on the :bfp: xx

Ooh yeah I know it's not positive I'm just very excited something showed!
I'm so used to there being nothing there on a PT

I possted this in the test result section -
https://www.babyandbump.com/ovulations-tests-gallery/302823-does-mean.html

xx

THANKS LADIES:) got another faint line with frer but i'm not believing yet, i'm waiting till CD14 to officially put a bfp by my name or until they get darker. so scared AF is going to show, the lines are just so faint.. i really wish i could post a picture. don't want to get my hopes up for nothing.
hopefully- :rofl: booking for college haahahaha! i actually laughed out loud..
soph- if you're having a problem with cm, try preseed! i love it, but order it way ahead of time, i didn't get mine for two weeks.
arein- my tests came from china too and they got to me within 4 days :)
NESS- I HAVE THE WHITE BLOBS TOO! kinda like tapioca (lol wayyy TMI) but i remember a girl i SS before described the same thing and ended up pg, FX'd for you!!!
arein- PMA, you're going to get that bfp, with three lines! :haha:
ttcstill- if you got your + opk i'd just ignore your chart, it seems like you're either sick or you're sleeping with your mouth open or something, i doubt FF will give you crosshairs since your temps are all over the place.. but if you got your pos opk you're good :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->