Sperm Meets Egg Plan Chatter thread!

It's actually better to use both together. The monitor will tell you when you're most likely to get pregnant-it shows you your window but can't tell you if you've actually O'd. If you temp, your rise will confirm your O.

Speancerbear----- hang in there.... its not over til the wicked :witch: kicks in your doors and turns on the faucet!:haha: :dust: to you

Arein- I say that last night but I got them plus the 24 pk of softcups and the opks and hpts for 40.16 is that not a good deal?

OH is being so supportive about this he told me yesterday evening that he doesnt want to stop trying but he doesnt like seeing me so upset..... he said same yours did Arein...."whatever it takes" ...... bless their hearts.

It all SMEP this month..... I need to reread all the rules....... but I am not going to not :sex: when I want except for CD 6 & 7 to let spermies get ready!!!!

Oh, $40 for all of it? I thought you meant $40 for just the Pre-Seed. I'd say you did get a really good deal then. DH hasn't given me any trouble about any of this for a long time. He did after the first year, he started getting tired but he's just as ready as I am. We've decided that if I can get preg again, we're going to have that baby and then start trying for #3 right away. Talk about being tired....wooo.

I've already screwed up my chart :haha:. I did a little drinking last night and so my temp was sky high this morning. And I'm staying the night with my sisters tonight and I since I'm temping vaginally this cycle I can't really temp in the morning. My sisters are aware that we're TTC but I haven't gone into all of the gritty details....sticking a pink thermometer in my vagina, testing my cm for stretchiness, feeling for my cervix...things of that nature :haha:

Got my SoftCups ordered this morning!!!

congrats to all those who got their :bfp: and :hugs: to those who didnt :flower:

Tested but got a bfn :( AF is still not here so I'll try again in a week.

Congrats to all the BFPers and :hug: to those still trying!

so, question, i did an opk yesterday at around mid day and it was negative. last night i had really strong cramps in my left ovary, i was staying at a friends house and didnt take any opks with me so couldnt test again. then i did one this morning when i got home, and it was positive. do you think i ovulated last night when i had those cramps?? or am i yet to ovulate??

Good morning, ladies!! I'm going to have to look for the OPK refills... I've only ever seen the pack of 7 that comes with the tester, and dang are they expensive! But I do agree it's nice to have that smiley face. I'm using them as a backup to the line OPKs. So from now on, if I'm not sure if the line is as dark or darker, I'll use one of the digis to confirm. That way, I won't waste them since they are so expensive!

So far no "symptoms" today. I've done pretty well the past few months of not symptom spotting, but yesterday, I just couldn't help myself! Trying to keep the PMA high, but not so high that I have a total breakdown if AF shows!

Funny how I used to always be so happy to see AF because I sooooo wasn't ready for kids, but now that I desperately want one, I cry when it arrives. OH totally doesn't get it.... Poor thing, but wish he knew how to be more supportive! Rather than just saying "it'll happen when it happens". I want it to happen NOW!!!!!! NOW I say!

Oh and Ness.... It doesn't bother me one bit if you continue to post here. Actually, I would miss you quite a bit, so please stick around and post as much as you want!

I think it's mostly makes me sad when a brand spanking new person comes on the forum and immediately gets a BFP, or the random people who post just to inflame everyone... You give me hope that the SMEP and Softcups are going to work for me this time. I think that's why I have so much PMA this month. So anyway....... please don't go! :hugs:

Ok you ladies have inspired me! :happydance:

We're gonna try SMEP this month for the first time (ok, so the spouse doesn't know it yet, but I've got a few days to warn him lol.) I have a short luteal phase that I'm trying to handle with vitamin B6 - but right now I'm due for AF on 5/1.

so, question, i did an opk yesterday at around mid day and it was negative. last night i had really strong cramps in my left ovary, i was staying at a friends house and didnt take any opks with me so couldnt test again. then i did one this morning when i got home, and it was positive. do you think i ovulated last night when i had those cramps?? or am i yet to ovulate??

Well, I'm not completely sure, but I thought the spike happens before you O, then your levels go down and then you O.... So, given the positive OPK test, I'd say you haven't O'd yet.... But personally I would :sex: like I just had!!!!! :)

Who knew it could be this complicated.... :haha:

I never ever get pos with FMU I used my last clear blue digital stick with FMU when I had no preg tests when I got preg this time around and got really strong line with FMU you know when your at ur peak for OV that kind of line then bfp with clear blue +/- although ive heard a lot of bad stuff about +/- now i'd never use that test again

are you using clear blue digital? last time I used it I got my smiley on the sunday then negative monday but a smiley again on the tuesday sometimes LH can be weak so it doesnt pick it up some days ive found

I really want the fertility monitor but not something thats in my budget to buy right now anyone using one?

its confusing huh. i heard that too, you get pos opk, and then ov 24hours (or something) later right? so what were those cramps about last night? maybe it was my ovary kicking in to gear or something!
well smep says i must bd today, tomorrow and the day after, so that's what we will do. even though i feel like i might have ov'd already. hmmm. just wish i'd done another opk last night.
im gonna try temping next cycle.

Ok you ladies have inspired me! :happydance:

We're gonna try SMEP this month for the first time (ok, so the spouse doesn't know it yet, but I've got a few days to warn him lol.) I have a short luteal phase that I'm trying to handle with vitamin B6 - but right now I'm due for AF on 5/1.

WELCOME!!!! I have a short luteal phase as well (8 or 9 days). I've read that entire gigantic thread on B vits, and the biggest thing I learned is that you shouldn't take B6 just by itself. You need to take the B complex, or supplement with the other B vitamins too. Otherwise, it doesn't absorb right, or will lead to a deficiency in another one of the b vits. I take B100 Complex. It worked well for me the first couple months, last month, not so sure.... but hoping it does the trick for me this time. I O'd on day 17, when I usually have a 28 day cycle, so hoping I can extend it to at least day 30... or better yet, 9 months! :baby:

its confusing huh. i heard that too, you get pos opk, and then ov 24hours (or something) later right? so what were those cramps about last night? maybe it was my ovary kicking in to gear or something!
well smep says i must bd today, tomorrow and the day after, so that's what we will do. even though i feel like i might have ov'd already. hmmm. just wish i'd done another opk last night.
im gonna try temping next cycle.

yeah it is cause I got soo worried cause I couldnt see my OH when I got my first smiley then was really devistated on the monday when it was neg then we BD anyway then checked tuesday and was like yippy! we didnt miss it lol I got my strongest line that day too so im guessing thats when I ovulated... personally I dont but some women get cramps when they ovulate it could be that? do another OPK tomorrow but BD tonight!

yeah im using the cb digis lucia, how weird ive never heard of that before! Why does it have to be so complicated!?!?

id like a cbfm too, really thinking about getting one even though dh says no lol.

I really want the fertility monitor but not something thats in my budget to buy right now anyone using one?

Yes, this was my first month using the Clearblue Fertility Monitor (CBFM). It says it may take a couple months to learn your cycle, so I used OPKs too, and it gave me a peak on the same day as the OPK turned positive, so it worked well for me even on the first month! For me it was worth it, but yes it's very expensive. I justified it by saying a baby is very expensive, so if I have to spend a little money up front to get a baby, it's worth it to me....

I think it is AreIn that just bought an Ovocue... I'd not heard of that before. Sounds like it was a lot more than the CBFM, but you don't have to buy sticks for it. So you might research that one too!

Hey Ladies

So sorry for all those who the witch got this month I know how you feel (boo)

Today I am on CD6 and I am not sure if I should BD or wait till CD8

Had a disaster yesterday had ONLY two glasses of wine and think Dubai heat got to me had headcahes and throwing up all day today I feel awful too, I hope I get better for the SMEP. My body is up and down all over the place.

does anyone get tired of people asking when will you have a baby, yesteday hubby and I went out and everyone is like why are you delaying having children, or your getting to that age when its the right time, even at work I get people asking why dont we just have a baby blah blah and gets me depressed

Does everyone out there outsude this forum not understand that unfortunately its in gods hands and not ours :-(:shrug:

sorry just to have that Rant lol:nope:

Hey Samira, I really hope you feel better soon! plenty of rest over the next couple days (if you can!) ready for the SMEP action.

Oh boy am i also fed up with it, the same old question "are you not pregnant yet, when are you going to start then bla bla" couple weeks after my mc I was soooo sensitive i was avoiding certain people as I couldnt handle it anymore. then walked straight in to the most annoying one at work that said it everyday!!! I shouted (in front of a few others) I had a mscarriage 2 weeks ago so yes i do want a baby. she hasnt asked me since!

I have to say though, its probably not their fault as up until this point I was guily of saying it to people, I have now stopped!!! lol

I know exactly how you feel about the ppl asking about babies. In my case, it's only my mom and mother-in-law that constantly ask!!! UGH! Of all ppl in the world, you would think that those 2 wouldn't be so insensitive. Maybe they're just clueless. I too want to tell them off like you did stardust, which, BTW, that was awesome! You go girl! I'm sure that girl will never ask anyone about anything baby-making related! I'm sorry about your m/c by the way. I hope you get your BFP soon! XXXX

yeah im using the cb digis lucia, how weird ive never heard of that before! Why does it have to be so complicated!?!?

id like a cbfm too, really thinking about getting one even though dh says no lol.

aaww boo! DH! lol have you tried ebay for ones people sell them for much cheaper

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->