Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) TTC#1 group Aug/Sept/Oct 2013

Stopped Lutera in March 2012, had withdraw bleed for 5 days, no period for 14 months after that.

I know right! I gained weight when I got on them, and even more weight getting off of them. Got bad skin, and when I finally got my period back, they were heavier than ever and the first lasted 2 weeks, my last one lasted 7 days but the worst cramps of my life and the heaviest flow I have ever had, each day of it too.

Add me to the list! I'm on CD10 and started my first OPK this morning. Negative, though I'm not estimating I will O until 8/18 (CD15).

Unfortunately, DH is convinced that the best way to get pregnant is to have sex 1-2 times each day. Can't seem to convince him otherwise.

Added x
GL! Hope your hubby manages to stick to the plan ;)

I can't do an OPK today as the OH is off work sick (he doesn't know that I'm doing OPKs, I think it'd make him too nervous), but yesterday's was negative like Monday's. I've had fertile mucus since yesterday - what does this mean? Am I likely to ovulate in the next few days? As you can tell I'm really rubbish at this haha!! But at least I feel like I am actually doing something this month!

Just do an opk and hide it somewhere and check after 10-15 mins :)
If you are having eggwhitish mucus which is very stretchy/watery this means you're fertile window has started. Some ladies get it before O, some during and some after. Have you checked it with your fingers if its clear and stretchy?

Just do an opk and hide it somewhere and check after 10-15 mins :)
If you are having eggwhitish mucus which is very stretchy/watery this means you're fertile window has started. Some ladies get it before O, some during and some after. Have you checked it with your fingers if its clear and stretchy?

No, this is what has been coming out when I wipe... if you get I mean! I don't like the thought of actually checking at the cervix :blush:

When doing OPKs do you test straight away or wait for the urine to reach room temp?!

I can't check the chervix either but whatever comes out I use my fingers to feel the texture color and how much it stretches.
Just collect some urine in the collection/disposable cup and insert opk don't have to wait for it to come to room temp.

Hi all ....

Can I join this?!

I am CD15 - Had definite positive OPK last night & this morning (test line darker than control line)

Have been BDing every other day since CD10 and will now do every day for next 3 days - is that right?

Second month TTC, first month of OPK - have everything crossed!

Good luck everyone. x

Have been BDing every other day since CD10 and will now do every day for next 3 days - is that right? (Has positive OPK last night and this morning) .....

BD every other day starting on CD 8 (unless you O later, then CD 10 would work). When you get a positive OPK BD 3 days in a row. Skip one day. BD again. Good luck!

You'd be okay with CD10 since you are currently cd 15 and might ovulate tomm(CD16). CD 8 is for perfect 28 day cycle. Although i have longer cycle i started from CD 8 but CD 10 is fine too :)

The method is exactly what marqelle explained.

Y'all be careful with the internet HCG tests (i think wondfo).... I just had a big false positive. (I might be slightly addicted to POAS), so although I realize there's no chance of a + yet, I took one anyway. And got a not entirely faint line. Which then gave me a "whaaaaat- this could be amazing"... so i decided to test again since it seemed unlikely. Tested again (with another wondfo and another brand just in case), and... BFN. Sigh. :coffee:

SCgirl did you test both the times with First morning urine?

No, but I figured it would be pretty much the same since it was around 10 minutes later and I hadn't consumed any liquid... haha

I'll probably test again tomorrow morning, just in case :dohh:

I really really hope it wasn't a false positive FX for you x

CD8 today - we started BD'ing last night. Also started OPK testing on Sunday. I'm taking all my good vitamins & fertile CM, drinking grapefruit juice and pomegranate juices, eating lots of fruits and veggies, and TONS of water. Feeling very positive and excited about this cycle!

By the way how do you hold it for 2-4 hours for OPK testing when you have to drink 8 glasses of water per Fertile CM instructions? Seems like an impossibility!

Hi, I understand pomegranate has contraceptive properties. Not sure about the juice but I'd expect it to be the same.

Me and my husband are attempting !!! We've messed it up a little but but were following the main idea of it. I'm on cd 13 today and my opk actually had a very faint second line so hoping its positive by cd 15-16. I'm also using evening primrose oil this cycle and it seems to be doing good. Lots of babydust to everyone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->