Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) TTC#1 group Aug/Sept/Oct 2013

Hi girls,

I have a question ...

My CM is watery not stretchy ...... my OPK was positive (day before yesterday) and I have BDing but just wondered if it;s impossible to get pregnant without the stretchy CM? Also, I am pretty sure I OV'd yesterday as had horrible cramps in left side.

Thanks x

If you do not product ewcm (the most fertile kind), that is when most women buy preseed. It gives the sperm the right environment so that they can live as long as possible and travel where they need to be. Make sure if you are using a lube from the store that it's sperm friendly, but I highly reccommend pre-seed.

If you do not product ewcm (the most fertile kind), that is when most women buy preseed. It gives the sperm the right environment so that they can live as long as possible and travel where they need to be. Make sure if you are using a lube from the store that it's sperm friendly, but I highly reccommend pre-seed.

Ah thank you ..... not using a lube so hopefully it will be fine - I might try and buy some of the seed if I'm not lucky this month.

It;s so complicated - I never realised there was so much to look out for!

I have found the OPK's for the first month, this month, complicated enough!!!

Ah thank you ..... not using a lube so hopefully it will be fine - I might try and buy some of the seed if I'm not lucky this month.

Pre seed is awesome for when your but producing ewcm or when your bit feeling super up to doing the seed but its that time lol I just started evening primrose oil and at suppose to help cervical mucus and from what I can't tell its really heightend my CM and such so its another option if you want it too be more natural lots of babydust to you

Yes, I never realized it either. I have been trying for over a year, but these last two cycles are the only two that I knew anything about anything. I was literally in the dark. I didn't even know what ovulation was and by the time I learned I wasn't ovulating, 14 months had gone by.

I don't have trouble with ewcm, but everyone who does always suggests Pre-seed.

Good luck!

Watery ewcm is ok! As long as its not creamy and sticky it'll work. Also drinking a lot of water helps make ewcm.

Ah ok I won't worry then!! Really hoping the method you suggested on the Group works MrsWKJ!

Thanks Marqelle - I thought the OPK meant you either were or weren't ovulating that's how naive I was!! I am extremely clueless!!

I thought that you could get pregnant any time of the month and that an egg was always available. I was completely clueless.

Marqelle 3 months back I thought the same lol! But I blame our school and elders they never told us the full story :/ its always like unprotected sex=baby

I also thought that ..... now I realise how 'lucky' these people are who either don't 'try' or have 'accidents' !!

I'm not seeing much progression, if any, in my OPKs. Is this normal? I'm supposed to ovulate within the next few days...

Attachments

• OV_AUG13.jpg
    OV_AUG13.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 6
Ah ok I won't worry then!! Really hoping the method you suggested on the Group works MrsWKJ!

Thanks Marqelle - I thought the OPK meant you either were or weren't ovulating that's how naive I was!! I am extremely clueless!!

I hope so to jerry! FX!!

Marqelle 3 months back I thought the same lol! But I blame our school and elders they never told us the full story :/ its always like unprotected sex=baby

Yes! School never taught me any of this. I mean, I don't blame my mom for not telling me, she probably wanted to scare me out of having sex, and I will probably do the same to my child until he or she starts trying for a baby haha.

But the schools really should be more clear. They show videos and diagrams but all that does is show sperm traveling up a vagina and fertilizing an egg. There is no side note about how this can only happen during 5 fertile days a month, if that.

I'm not seeing much progression, if any, in my OPKs. Is this normal? I'm supposed to ovulate within the next few days...

Don't worry mine started getting dark 2 days before I got positive.

Yes! School never taught me any of this. I mean, I don't blame my mom for not telling me, she probably wanted to scare me out of having sex, and I will probably do the same to my child until he or she starts trying for a baby haha.

But the schools really should be more clear. They show videos and diagrams but all that does is show sperm traveling up a vagina and fertilizing an egg. There is no side note about how this can only happen during 5 fertile days a month, if that.

So true! nothing on cervical mucus regular cycles or ovulation or how hormones work! Its like telling a kid santa is coming to give you presents without mentioning you have to wait for the whole year for christmas

Endlessblue, my opks last cycle were like yours, no progress, and then BAM, a positive one morning. If you are supposed to ovulate in the next few days, I would say maybe tomorrows will be an almost positive, and then the day after will be positive. This cycle mine were really light, and then the very next day it turned to almost positive. Then a positive the next morning.

Robitussin does well for cm too. Make sure the only active ingredient is guaifenesin.

Mine were like this then one day it was a bit darker so I started testing Morning and night - it started off v light, then got darker over a few days - I had a defo positive one night and the next am then very faint again.
Keep trying and defo do twice a day - I worried you couldn't do in evening but apparently you can!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->