Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) TTC#1 group Aug/Sept/Oct 2013

Looks almost positive. Do one again around 6:oo pm x

Mostly ovulation tests catches surge in Smu or TMu not with FMu but for some it does so I guess for u it's nt FMu u check tomm also the same time this looks quite dark on my phone

Here's my OPK from this evening! Is that close enough to positive?! I have a feeling we'll be BDing for the next 3 days!

https://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx301/tori0713/840098b8-39af-4bc9-9846-c6e8027ef3a4_zpsc90d9ab1.jpg

Its very much positive x Since its your first time using opks you might not know what your positive is like. This can be it. So i'd say start BDing but also do opk tomorrow just to see if its darker or lighter than this. GL dear! x

Well, I was up for it but OH wasn't. I got my +OPK yesterday, but I guess we won't be BDing tonight :( Today is CD 15 and O day... if we BD on 8, 10, 12, 13, and 14, but not O day, think we're still alright this cycle?

Did you get a negative today?
Just wondering if today is your O day or if you are still getting positives.

I have researched online and found that the day of ovulation only gives you about a 5% chance of getting pregnant since the time is so short from when the egg is available and how quickly the sperm can get to it.

So if you BDd on your +opk days and all the other days you mentioned, you have a great chance :)

Thanks Marquelle :)

Top test is yesterday's positive, bottom is this morning's test. Negative, right?

image.jpg

If it were me, I would have tested again when I got that faint one lol, later today I mean. Just because it looks like it could go either way.

But yes, that would appear negative, so you got all the BDing in that REALLY matters. Good luck to you in this tww :)

Hey Ladies, hope you don't mind if I join this forum. I've been trying for five months now, trying to keep it casual and it's been very unsuccessful. AF showed today so I'm trying to plan for next month. I think I understand the charting thing (using FertilityFriend). Do you have to do it first thing in the morning? or should it just be the same time every day?

I'm also wondering how OPKs work? I'm thinking I would probably need 3-4 each month hey? Does anyone know of a good/cheap brand to use? Do you start using them when you get a temp dip? Sorry about all the questions, I'm just new at this! Thanks in advance for any help!

:dust:

Temping should be done first thing in the morning when you wake up before you get up.

If you don't know when you O, or it varies from month to month, I recommend testing with OPKs starting at CD 10 (unless you O earlier than that). Once you use them for a couple months you may know exactly which day you O and then you won't have to test so early. But starting our it's best to start early just to be safe.

Hey Ladies, hope you don't mind if I join this forum. I've been trying for five months now, trying to keep it casual and it's been very unsuccessful. AF showed today so I'm trying to plan for next month. I think I understand the charting thing (using FertilityFriend). Do you have to do it first thing in the morning? or should it just be the same time every day?

I'm also wondering how OPKs work? I'm thinking I would probably need 3-4 each month hey? Does anyone know of a good/cheap brand to use? Do you start using them when you get a temp dip? Sorry about all the questions, I'm just new at this! Thanks in advance for any help!

:dust:

Not like I'm an expert, but I understand you should temp every morning, first thing. Like, before you get out of bed.

As for tests, I bought a bunch of Wondfo cheapies off Amazon. I think I got 40 OPKs and 10 HPTs bundled for $20ish. Start using them around cd 10. If you track several months, you'll get to know your cycle better and when you need to use them. (Though of course I hope you have no reason to do so after the first month. ;) )

Here is a link to the cheapest you will find. 30 pregnancy tests and 60 opks for 11.69 US

https://www.ebay.com/itm/281129466659?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Thanks so much ladies! I'm just gonna keep my thermometer on my bedside table so that I get used to it! I'll definitely check out that ebay link and get a bunch of cheapies. It never even occurred to me to order them off the net. Thanks!

Lost a bit of light brown discharge this morning. Wondering if maybe the OPKs were wrong and I ovulated earlier, and this is AF starting? :wacko:

Good news! OH surprised me when we went to bed and we ended up getting that O day BD in after all! :happydance:

Hey Ladies,

This is my first post and the very first group I would like to join. I have been TTC for about a year now-some months casually, other months more timed. My husband and I have both been tested and the doc says we both are healthy. He has a high count. I have open tubes and ovulate monthly. I think we have just had some trouble with nailing down the timing and I don't trust OPK's! On the months I charted, I would ovulate the same day as my OPK turned positive. That's not good! I heard that it's better to get all the spermies in before you O, and OPK's might have been preventing us from doing that.

Soooooooooooooo I am ready to give this SMEP a whirl and would love a TTC buddy for this cycle. AF came this am so I am on CD1. Is anyone else on the same day as me so we can share this TTC rollercoaster together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->