Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) TTC#1 group Aug/Sept/Oct 2013

You have to hold pee for 4 hours? I can't do that! Crikey didnt realise that... Will try tomorrow afternoon? are you not supposed to use fmu?

I'm using CB Digital OPK, and the instructions do say it's okay to use FMU. However, LH surges tend to happen in middle of the day, so you might not catch your positive if you are only testing first thing in the morning. That's why they suggest to hold your urine for 4 hours and test mid-day. I saw great results when I was waiting until about 2:00 PM to test. The positive was unmistakable! Some women also test 2 times a day, that way they have a better chance of not missing their surge. But, when in doubt and not seeing + on the OPK, always BD every other day. :)

I'm super confused. I finally got a positive opk on CD21, it's now CD26 but I'm losing light brown discharge, like af is on its way. Only thing that's different is I'm not having af cramps like usual, and I usually get a shooting pain a week before af arrives but I haven't had that this month. Starting to think there's something wrong with me :(

Maybe just some break-through bleeding. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it gets heavier and still not like AF, I would consult your doctor just in case. Otherwise, take it easy and wait it out! :hugs:

You have to hold pee for 4 hours? I can't do that! Crikey didnt realise that... Will try tomorrow afternoon? are you not supposed to use fmu?

I'm using CB Digital OPK, and the instructions do say it's okay to use FMU. However, LH surges tend to happen in middle of the day, so you might not catch your positive if you are only testing first thing in the morning. That's why they suggest to hold your urine for 4 hours and test mid-day. I saw great results when I was waiting until about 2:00 PM to test. The positive was unmistakable! Some women also test 2 times a day, that way they have a better chance of not missing their surge. But, when in doubt and not seeing + on the OPK, always BD every other day. :)

Oh im using horrible cheap ebay opks I doubt they even work at all! We are bd ing every other from last day of my last period just to be sure..!

Chimmi just control your fluid intake 4 hours before testing. No need to hold pee.

Hey Ladies,

This is my first post and the very first group I would like to join. I have been TTC for about a year now-some months casually, other months more timed. My husband and I have both been tested and the doc says we both are healthy. He has a high count. I have open tubes and ovulate monthly. I think we have just had some trouble with nailing down the timing and I don't trust OPK's! On the months I charted, I would ovulate the same day as my OPK turned positive. That's not good! I heard that it's better to get all the spermies in before you O, and OPK's might have been preventing us from doing that.

Soooooooooooooo I am ready to give this SMEP a whirl and would love a TTC buddy for this cycle. AF came this am so I am on CD1. Is anyone else on the same day as me so we can share this TTC rollercoaster together?
Hey there!
I just joined this thread too, all these ladies are super nice. I'm on CD2 so we're pretty close! My cycles are 29-33 days. What about yours? I'm planning on experimenting with charting and OPKs this month. I would definitely trust your charts before the OPKs but they seems to work for some ladies. I think I just need to get a better handle on my cylce!

Chimmi just control your fluid intake 4 hours before testing. No need to hold pee.

Oh, really? Wow, that is so helpful to me!!!! I have tried my best to hold it for the 4 hours but man, that was painful. Hahaha! Thanks for saying that, I will try to cut back on the water until after I use the OPK. :)

Oh, really? Wow, that is so helpful to me!!!! I have tried my best to hold it for the 4 hours but man, that was painful. Hahaha! Thanks for saying that, I will try to cut back on the water until after I use the OPK. :)

Do you mean not drink loads? Will try that. I'm trying to drink more to prevent headaches and to be healthier lol

Hey Ladies,

This is my first post and the very first group I would like to join. I have been TTC for about a year now-some months casually, other months more timed. My husband and I have both been tested and the doc says we both are healthy. He has a high count. I have open tubes and ovulate monthly. I think we have just had some trouble with nailing down the timing and I don't trust OPK's! On the months I charted, I would ovulate the same day as my OPK turned positive. That's not good! I heard that it's better to get all the spermies in before you O, and OPK's might have been preventing us from doing that.

Soooooooooooooo I am ready to give this SMEP a whirl and would love a TTC buddy for this cycle. AF came this am so I am on CD1. Is anyone else on the same day as me so we can share this TTC rollercoaster together?
Hey there!
I just joined this thread too, all these ladies are super nice. I'm on CD2 so we're pretty close! My cycles are 29-33 days. What about yours? I'm planning on experimenting with charting and OPKs this month. I would definitely trust your charts before the OPKs but they seems to work for some ladies. I think I just need to get a better handle on my cylce!

Welcome ladies! Hope SMEP works for both of you.
Wannabemama did you get hsg done to check your tubes? Is it painful?

chimmi once you know when you O, from next month you can try doing Opks twice a day before that you can do once a day. So would be easier to control water intake once a day for 3-4 hours till you reach ovulation time.

Hey Ladies,

Hey there!

Welcome ladies! Hope SMEP works for both of you.
Wannabemama did you get hsg done to check your tubes? Is it painful?

chimmi once you know when you O, from next month you can try doing Opks twice a day before that you can do once a day. So would be easier to control water intake once a day for 3-4 hours till you reach ovulation time.

I am getting an HSG tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes. I am excited & nervous. I hope everything is good & that it flushes me out. There have been positive results just after getting the scan even though it is not meant to be used to boost fertility...just look for signs of blockage.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p.../679374-hsg-many-fell-pregnant-after-hsg.html

AF is gone, and am now on CD 5. Time for SMEP Round 2! One very odd thing- last night I had the closest I've had yet to a +opk (almost, but not quite). It started to fade again today... May start to BD every other day now, just in case! (Prob too early, but I'm ok with that!)

AF is gone, and am now on CD 5. Time for SMEP Round 2! One very odd thing- last night I had the closest I've had yet to a +opk (almost, but not quite). It started to fade again today... May start to BD every other day now, just in case! (Prob too early, but I'm ok with that!)

Never too early to start BDing. We have been BDing every other day this cycle, with the exception of now, because I'm sure I'm ovulating this evening as I had a major surge this morning. Hoping that we all have sticky little beans!

Good Luck to everyone! :dust:
I'm really hoping this is the month for me but I'm not sure if it'll work since OH is out of town a lot for work in September. if not, the charting will be especially useful in october once I see how my schedule is. Is anyone hoping for any gender in particular? I've heard of the Shettles method but I'm not sure how much stock I put in it. What do you ladies think?

I am conflicted when it comes to gender.

I want a boy because my husband will be SOOOOOO thrilled to be able to teach him Jiu Jitsu and take him to his gym with him and do all the boy things.

I want a girl because my mom and grandma would just love to have this little granddaughter to dress up and do her hair and all that.

Either one will be absolutely perfect for me, obviously, but I think I am leaning more for a boy.

We want a girl... Its all my OH talks about we've named her already lol, but I'm convinced that if we did get pg then we would have a boy, which would be fine (we've named him too!)

Oh I picked out names 2 years ago haha. Although they change every couple months.

Hi Ladies! Got my smiley face OPK last night, however, my body decided it was going to get a stomach bug the moment we start trying to BD. Argh!!! Been sick all night. :( Hoping to feel better tonight but fear it is already too late as my temp shot up this morning.

Aw man, sorry Wishing :( have you BD the days leading up to the +OPK? Feel better!

OH surprised me AGAIN last night, 1-2 DPO. I was going to give him the night off but he was so frisky! So we BD 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16. O day was either 14 or 15. We haven't done it that much since we were so newly in love! :haha: 2-3 DPO now and feeling strangely calm about the 2WW. We'll see how long that lasts, lol.

I'm still spotting lightly, 5dpo(ish) according to opks but this spotting is how af started last cycle... :shrug:

Aw man, sorry Wishing :( have you BD the days leading up to the +OPK?

OH surprised me AGAIN last night, 1-2 DPO. I was going to give him the night off but he was so frisky! So we BD 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16. We haven't done it that much since we first realized we were so newly in love! :haha: 2-3 DPO now and feeling strangely calm about the 2WW. We'll see how long that lasts, lol.

Assuming O occurred last night (Wednesday) we BD'ed on Tuesday, and this past Sunday. Maybe that's enough...:( Definitely going to throw tonight in there as well, can't hurt!

Oooo!!!! That's an awesome BD schedule, sounds like you have had a fun month! ;) And, it's definitely a stress reliever, which is great to have during the TWW. FX for you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->