Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) TTC#1 group Aug/Sept/Oct 2013

Thank you Pearly. I will do it every other night then till I get +opk. Then every night. So excited will be testing from tomorrow. :)

yay good luck dear wish you success in catching that eggy!!!

Sorry beaglemom, I hope tomorrow brings you answers!

Fairyy sending lots of baby dust your way!

We are off the BD radar now (thank goodness, my lady parts were getting very sore) we went CD5, 8, 10, 12, 14, and 15 with O being on CD 15. I definitely don't even feel in the mood to get another night of BDing in tonight. Do you ladies think that's ok? I know SMEP is 3 consecutive days around O, but I'm so exhausted from all the babymaking.

We are off the BD radar now (thank goodness, my lady parts were getting very sore) we went CD5, 8, 10, 12, 14, and 15 with O being on CD 15. I definitely don't even feel in the mood to get another night of BDing in tonight. Do you ladies think that's ok? I know SMEP is 3 consecutive days around O, but I'm so exhausted from all the babymaking.

You should be fine. The cycle I got my previous BFP DH and I only BD'ed the day before and twice on the day of ovulation.

Don't stress over getting another one in tonight, Tori. You have BD on all of the really important days :) It's much more likely that one will conceive by BDing during the days leading up to ovulation than the day of or the day after. SMEP just covers those days for women who may ovulate later than the day after their +OPK. You are good!

You should be fine. The cycle I got my previous BFP DH and I only BD'ed the day before and twice on the day of ovulation.

I wish we could have hit O day...but darn stomach bug got me. I hate that but glad we did get in the day before O, and will also tonight. Wow, I don't think we've BD'ed twice in one day in FOREVER! lol. We've never really had that much of a sex drive, so doing the SMEP is a challenge for us. I know we didn't hit the mark this month, but will definitely follow the plan in it's entirety next month, if my stomach doesn't act up again. :)

U are good. Don't worry. :thumbup:

GL tori. wishing1010 and fairy!! :) and LiLi is right dont stress yourselves. This is just a plan try to follow as much as you can and if you somehow miss a day or two its alright.

Oh beaglemom goodluck for tomorrow! hope your scan goes perfect. :hugs:

Questions for those of you who temp.

When you are pregnant does your temperature keep getting higher little by little in those days before your missed period and the days right after? Or does it just climb a little and stay there?

Just wondering because I didn't temp this cycle, my period has not arrived on time and I don't feel it coming on. So do you think that if I were to take my temp starting tomorrow just for fun that I would be able to tell if my temps were rising at all or if it wouldn't tell me anything?

Sorry if that's hard to understand, but I have never temped, and I know that it's best to start at the beginning of your cycle although getting extra info isn't bad. But I want to see if I can tell ANYTHING about what's going on right now. At the very least I would be able to see a drop if/when AF comes right?

5dpo(ish) and still losing pale brown/pink discharge, no cramps, but I now also suddenly have thrush... Has anyone else had these symptoms? I can't help but think it's a bad sign :(

Ff says my suspected ov date is CD 17...
I've only just started using ff. Isn't cd 15 the norm?

O date is different for everyone. The "standard" o date is cd14 and LP is 14 days because it's assumed everyone has a 28 day cycle(so not true) For me CD16 was my normal o day before my miscarriage now I'm at CD17 for O and I have a LP of 16 days so I used to be a 32day cycle but now I'm 33days.

Questions for those of you who temp.

When you are pregnant does your temperature keep getting higher little by little in those days before your missed period and the days right after? Or does it just climb a little and stay there?

Just wondering because I didn't temp this cycle, my period has not arrived on time and I don't feel it coming on. So do you think that if I were to take my temp starting tomorrow just for fun that I would be able to tell if my temps were rising at all or if it wouldn't tell me anything?

Sorry if that's hard to understand, but I have never temped, and I know that it's best to start at the beginning of your cycle although getting extra info isn't bad. But I want to see if I can tell ANYTHING about what's going on right now. At the very least I would be able to see a drop if/when AF comes right?

Generally the temps will climb throughout the LP and then just sustain themselves at a certain level if you're pregnant. You could temp to see if they're staying up and not dropping which would mean af, but you have no coverline to see when it drops below. Most likely you wouldn't get a lot of info from temping though since you have no pre-o temps to compare to.

Oh ok. I've tracked my periods now for 2 years and have nan average 30 day cycle. I haven't tracked ov successfully yet but havent tried that hard

O date is different for everyone. The "standard" o date is cd14 and LP is 14 days because it's assumed everyone has a 28 day cycle(so not true) For me CD16 was my normal o day before my miscarriage now I'm at CD17 for O and I have a LP of 16 days so I used to be a 32day cycle but now I'm 33days.

Ok thanks. I've tracked my periods now for two years and have an average cycle of 30 days. Haven't successfully tracked or recorded any ovulation so have no idea when in my cycle or even IF I ovulate.. so kind of doing it blind. But trying to DTD every other day from last day of period..

Oh ok. I've tracked my periods now for 2 years and have nan average 30 day cycle. I haven't tracked ov successfully yet but havent tried that hard

Once you figure out when you ovulate you'll know your leutal phase too. Avg leutal phase is 12-16 days so you probably o between CD14-18

Once you figure out when you ovulate you'll know your leutal phase too. Avg leutal phase is 12-16 days so you probably o between CD14-18

Ok thanks. ive always tried to DTD around CD12 onwards and hasnt worked so thought maybe i ov early... Have DTD 4 times since CD 5 and im CD10 now so figers crossed if we keep it up..! Getting digital opks Monday so will hopefully get clearer idea as cheapies seem rubbish!

Ok thanks. ive always tried to DTD around CD12 onwards and hasnt worked so thought maybe i ov early... Have DTD 4 times since CD 5 and im CD10 now so figers crossed if we keep it up..! Getting digital opks Monday so will hopefully get clearer idea as cheapies seem rubbish!

Well, it's unlikely you O sooner than CD12 because that would give you a 18day LP, which technically if your temps stay up past 18days you should be pregnant. You should be fine if you can BD EOD between CD 10 and 18

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->