Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) TTC#1 group Aug/Sept/Oct 2013

Oh, just a side note...the clomid turned my 28-29 day cycle to a 32 day cycle. Really sucks. I am not used to a longer cycle. My nurse told me a 32 day cycle is common. So not sure how your cycles were before, but just so you know.

I know - every month I keep buying only enough supplies for just this month thinking that this will be it and then scrambling to order more on CD1.

Well if im honest, ive only got 2 opk's left and my thinking is like yours: let them run out in the hope I wont need more ;)

A longer cycle for me can be a good thing I guess, my cycles are 24-26 days never longer or shorter x

Well if im honest, ive only got 2 opk's left and my thinking is like yours: let them run out in the hope I wont need more ;)

A longer cycle for me can be a good thing I guess, my cycles are 24-26 days never longer or shorter x

Yeh, it's not exactly a bad thing. Having a longer LP can be good. It's the waiting that is bad. And then thinking you are late when you really are not sucks.

OPKs can be pretty inexpensive in the stores. I know most people order like 1,000 on amazon ;) But I think you can get a month supply for like $7-$10 at the store. And they are sticks not the dip strips...which I like better. Or if you get the clear blue which I hear are awesome as far as no guess work (& like the monitor, they show more fertile days) they can cost about $30. I use the monitor & just paid $40 for my strips...but it is a 30 pack so it should last me about 3 months. I like the monitor because it is just one test a day...no guess work.

I usually get a job lot off ebay but I just thought maybe relaxing and not thinking about it so much would give me results x

I just bought a bulk lot off eBay! Cheaper that way and I won't have to be sad about having to buy more each month if I get a bfn!

on a side note, ny temperature had a huge spike yesterday and sustained today! Looking like I may have finally o'd on the 20th! So I'll start testing around October 30, though af won't be due until... November 2?

Good luck everyone! My fingers are crossed for all of you! (((hugs)))

CD10 today.

First doctor's visit today revealed several things that I already suspected:
- low follicle count for my age: one dominant (said I should ovulate in 3 days which matches up with my ovulation day from previous cycles), 4-5 smaller ones, 2 even smaller ones (can't remember how he called them)
- questionable uterine lining: he could not see the three defined layers that most people have
- he's concerned about my mother's infertility after she had me and also family history of early menopause
- took blood sample for AMH today and scheduled hormonal testing (for estrogen levels) on Friday

Florida I hope your results on Friday come back with some answers! How frustrating:( My heart hurts for you and I hope you get a surprise bfp soon!

I have spent most of the day catching up on this thread,and would love to join.I am CD8 today,and have decided to start the SMEP this month.It's our 2nd month TTC'ing (12 months NTNP).

Unfortunately I only have 3 OPK's left,and will use them on CD16,CD17 and CD18.As far as I can tell from previous cycles (OPK's,cramping and CM) I usually ovulate between CD15 and CD18,so even though I can't test,we will be BD'ing on the following days - CD8,CD11,CD13,CD15,CD16,CD17,CD18 and then CD20.

Hubby knows this,as I told him that we should try to BD every other day this cycle,since I don't have any OPK's left,and I don't want to chance missing my O.I started taking Vitex at the beginning of this cycle,basically to help ease my PMS symptoms,because they're quite bad.

How are all you lovely ladies doing today?

Floridasian my prayers are with you dear. Really hope you get some definite answers and plan of action from the doc. Fx for your bfp hon! x

Welcome animo. GL for this cycle. Hope everything goes as planned x

I went in for a second visit this morning and I feel much better!

- AMH came back at 1.3 ng/ml
- Endometrial thickness was 6.6 mm (CD12) - three defined layers was clearly visible on the screen (I could see it too)
- PI: 2.14 right; 2.18 left

He said these numbers are OK. Also had blood drawn for E2 level today and he said we'll talk more after seeing what it is. He thinks I'll ovulate either today or tomorrow.

Any inputs on my numbers?

Im getting really intense ovulation pain alternating from left to right, im guessing I will ovulate within the next 2-3 days. Think ill use an opk later but I don't expect my surge until 2moro night x

I went in for a second visit this morning and I feel much better!

- AMH came back at 1.3 ng/ml
- Endometrial thickness was 6.6 mm (CD12) - three defined layers was clearly visible on the screen (I could see it too)
- PI: 2.14 right; 2.18 left

He said these numbers are OK. Also had blood drawn for E2 level today and he said we'll talk more after seeing what it is. He thinks I'll ovulate either today or tomorrow.

Any inputs on my numbers?

I don't know what any of it means but by the sounds of it your doc doesn't seem to concerned so I guess that's good x

Thanks - doc just called me and said my Estrogen level was 245 which is normal (his exact words were "you are making plenty of estrogen so we can't blame that"). He said if I don't get pregnant this cycle I should call back to schedule a HSG for next cycle. We'll see what happens!

Thanks - doc just called me and said my Estrogen level was 245 which is normal (his exact words were "you are making plenty of estrogen so we can't blame that"). He said if I don't get pregnant this cycle I should call back to schedule a HSG for next cycle. We'll see what happens!

Good luck & don't be too scared about the HSG...it's not as bad as some may lead you to believe.

I am feeling kind of emotional today. I don't really know what it is. I think it's just a mix of hormones, TTC, & life. Sometimes I wonder if my body is too stressed out to respond to the clomid. I think this last failed cycle is starting to get to me. It feels like a huge countdown...1 clomid cycle down, 2 to go. Makes it very stressful. Husband has another analysis today...hope to get good news from that.

I never got any further bfp's- so think it was a fluke. I now think I might not have O'd until CD 25 or 26- which puts me out this cycle because the last time we BD before that was CD 22 (spotting threw the keeping up with every other day off- ughhhh).

Ive just got a very strong pos opk, we dtd last night so I think we'll just do tonight and tomorrow night then go back to eod, I really don't wanna reduce dh's count too much x

Ive just got a very strong pos opk, we dtd last night so I think we'll just do tonight and tomorrow night then go back to eod, I really don't wanna reduce dh's count too much x

I forgot to mention you can get a false pos on opk when using clomid. But having the O signs is good. I am sticking with eod. Husband should get his semen results next week.

We're going to try it this cycle, however, I have irregular cycles. So we're starting today (CD13) of every other day, I will start using OPK's when I get fertile mucus, and go from there. The earliest I ever lay is CD20, usually CD24ish.

Its a definite positive, I tested 2 days ago and the line was barely there. The ovulation pain is pretty bad too so im certain its imminent. How's your second cycle of clomid treating you, I found it wasn't too bad for me, I was just a moody bitch for a while :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->