Spontaneous letdown of milk 18 months after finishing BF?

DoodleDoo

Reaction score
TMI alert. Sorry to put it in this section too, I wasn't sure where it best fit!

I bf my DD for 6 months, she's now coming up to 2 so it's been 18 months since I finished. My milk dried up within 2 weeks (though since I can usually squeeze a teeny bit out if I try). However the last couple of months my right breast (and very occasionally my left) has begun to spontaneously letdown milk again - to the point it soaks my shirt. I'm on the pill and pretty sure I'm not pregnant (recently had period, taken a test etc).

Has anyone else had this? I googled, saw the words tumour and thought I'd hop on here for a voice of reason!

I leaked a bit/had the letdown feeling for a loooong time after I stopped feeding. For me it was always right before my period so I figured it was hormonal. It likely is in your case as well but if you can't pin it to a specific time when your hormones might be doing something (before/during your period or ovulation) then it's worth speaking to your doctor to see if they think it warrants checking your hormones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->