Spotting, at the ER and getting no where!!

MeaganMackenz

Reaction score
Finally gave in to the spotting and went to the ER. Stupidly thinking that at least I could get an ultrasound and answers. Well he couldn't do an Internal and the external showed nothing. Now I'm just sitting here, waiting on blood I think having no fucking clue if my baby has died or what. I see my ob tomorrow but what is she going to be able to do!? I feel so angry and helpless.

:hugs: I'm so sorry you are going through this...

Why can't they do an internal?

Don't stress out! I'm sure you're ok! Stay calm for your lil bean and stay positive! You got this :)

Cuz he's stupid. He had a portable ultrasound but no probe to do internal, and he can't send me to the actual ultrasound department unless it's an emergency.

ugh i hate waiting! im starting to feel frustrated with you.
i do get spotting every now and then but its not accompanied with cramping. is yours with cramping? i do get cramping about twice a day but when i do i dont spot anything and when i do spot its tan. it always worries me sick even though its small amounts. when i spot and i start to worry, i talk to my baby and say i love you and to be good and stop worrying mommy. it helps me a lot.

I'm spotting and cramping but not always together. Sometimes it's red, sometimes it's pink or tan or brown. It's all over the place. I have an ultrasound apt tomorrow, a proper one and I'm terrified. My doctor said my cervix is closed but that doesn't mean anything I know. Dr at the hospital said my levels are where they should be for 7 weeks but I'll have blood redrawn tomorrow as well. I'm not hopeful, I think this pregnancy is over or soon to be. Tomorrow will probably be the last day I'm pregnant. :(

Hi Meagan - how are you feeling today... hoping that you are okay and baby is staying put!!! sending sticky vibes to you... :hugs:

HI Meagan, I just read your update :hugs: and good luck tomorrow.

Didn't you go to the 'emergency' room because you thought it was an "emergency"...god drs are so effing dumb sometimes. When I went to the er with my last ectopic thinking it was a mc they were quick to do am internal scan. So IMO I think your dr was just being a lazy *******.

Please excuse my language.

Thanks, appointment is in 2 hours. I suspect it'll be the last 2 hours I'm pregnant. I'm not hopeful. Which I've said, but the less hope I have the better.

She saw a heartbeat but says I'm measuring 6 weeks 5 days, not 7 weeks 6 days. Is that cause for concern? We used opk, I know my last period and I got strong positives for 10 dpo. I'm so confused, and not sure how much reassurance the heartbeat is when measuring 8 days behind

:hugs: Great news to see the HB! What did she say about the spotting? Was she concerned about that? Hoping LO sticks... and you start feeling peace of mind. When do you go back?

At the moment I don't have a go back apt, and she was just an ultrasound tech so she couldn't tell me much just show me the pics tell me what I was measuring. I called my ob again and am waiting on her call.

I think that's great news. Can I ask when you ovulated?

For me with DD I ovulated on day 22. From LMP for my first scan date he expected me to be 8 weeks. Well I measured 7 weeks 1 day. Guess what, beautiful baby girl healthy as all could be. Came one day early 9 lbs 3 oz and 22 inches.

You could have implanted late. I mean the time frame for implantation is like 3-12 days so I'd say you have no need to worry! Congrats on seeing the heartbeat! Yay!

We used opk and I got a positive on Aug 24th, my lmp was Aug 7.

But I'm spotting daily, if that had stopped I'd probably be less concerned. But at least once or more a day I wipe to a small amount of red pink tan or brown. The cramping is mild, more uncomfortable then painful. An hour with a heating pad usually does the trick.
It's never enough blood to warrant a liner, just shows up on the toilet paper when I wipe.

I want to be positive, my hcg on Monday was good, my ultrasound showed a heartbeat and my cervix is closed. But I'm still spotting. Either this baby is doomed to stop developing or I'm an anomalie and I'll spot until I don't.

That sounds fine to me hun... Most people ovulate 12-36 hours after getting a positive OPK, so if you got a positive OPK on 24th August then you could have ovulated between the 24th and 26th. If you use a due date calculator and put those dates in as ovulation, then it dates you between 7+2 and 6+6 and that's without even taking into account the possibility of late implantation etc.

Your due date would have been calculated as being earlier when you used your LMP because it assumes a 28 day cycle with ovulation at around CD14 and you would have ovulated later than that based on your OPK x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->