Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

and also, if we waited 2 more months, and I got bfns, I would be kicking myself for not doing ivf sooner like my FS said we should....

I got my progesterone tested before going to my RE and it was slightly low at 8.5. For some reason, my RE doesn't think it's necessary to keep checking progesterone as it fluctuates throughout the day. I try not to question him as he does have a great reputation and DH is a physician and found scholarly articles backing that idea up. He similarly doesn't believe in progesterone supplementation. Daydream, do you think it was the progesterone that finally helped you get your BFP? In reading through the threads, it does seem like more people then not didn't have spotting the months they had their BFPs. Mine is yucky and brown and often has tiny pieces of dried blood so it just seems like I'm losing lining and it cant possibly be a BFP cycle. So depressing.

Similar to your RE, my RE does not do progesterone testing due to the possible fluctuations; however, mine would rather just supplement, as there are not really adverse effects of too much progesterone. Doctors do seem to vary greatly in their thoughts on progesterone. I believe MrsP's also does not do progesterone supplementation.

Aaahhh...Almostthere. This makes so much sense. I will be checking back to see how this cycle of IVF goes. The chances are dramatically increased, so I bet you will get your bfp soon! I also have insurance coverage for two cycles, so sometimes wonder if it is even worth it to go through the 3 cycles of clomid/IUI (2 more cycles now) and 3 cycles of injectibles/IUI before considering it.

Expattc: Do you think the progesterone is what helped you get bfp? Did it stop your spotting? I have to say I tend to be fairly relaxed for 90% of the cycle and believe it will happen for me....then the spotting starts and I get completely hopeless! I have a 2 day pity party and then feel relaxed again. DH and I also are very open with each other. We are both psychologists so tend to have good communication skills. Not sure how much more I need to do to relax! Any hints?

Thanks for all of the help and all of the postings. Gives me some hope that I may too someday get my bfp!

Daydream,

Thanks for the info! Maybe I should ask for it anyway. Were you also a spotter? How did you finally get your bfp?

Hope, welcome to the thread. I wish I had all the answers for you, but the whole spotting thing is still puzzling to me. I spotted heavily every month starting around 7dpo until AF arrived. Just like you described, yucky, brown, chunky. Took clomid, progesterone, nothing helped. The month we conceived spotting was the worst with lots of fresh blood too and lasted until I passed those two large clots (sorry for tmi) then it all stopped. I kind of wonder if those clots were part of the whole spotting issue, the tissue that wasn't passing during regular period kept accumulating and then releasing parts of itself before my period. Who knows... Bottom line, I spotted heavily and conceived without any external help or meds. So don't take your spotting as a definite sign of infertility. Sooo many girls on here had their BFPs, it's very encouraging. Fingers crossed for you! Looking forward to hearing about your BFP!

MrsP, yay for the scan! This is going to be soooooo amazing, I cried just a tiny bit each time I saw signs of life on mine. Can't wait to see yours!

Almost, good luck, girl! Love your currently feeling status - daring, way to go! You can do it!

AFM, I didn't get to meet my obgyn yet, but saw a nurse practitioner who did all sorts of testing and performed a scan. My hubby was with me this time. I did drop a tear again seeing the little one who already looks like a person. The baby was very hyper and performed several dances for us - all that movement was so surreal. I'm attaching today's scan, you can see the head, little arms and feet (I could see the brain too, which was creepy). We also got to hear baby's heartbeat, it is moving so fast. I hope you don't mind me sharing my progress on this thread, it is meant as an encouragement and a preview of what's to come for ALL of you who are still TTCing. Sending loads of baby dust to you all!

Attachments

• Scan 176.jpg
    Scan 176.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 6
Hope I don't know if the progesterone helped me out getting the bfp or stopping my spotting, as I was only on it for one cycle (too short to say, and I did have a bit of breakthrough spotting in the first weeks, but nothing like I normally had - but that could have been due to implantation rather than the duphaston). However, I do feel it helped with keeping the bfp, as the little one stuck, or at least it had a placebo effect of making ME more relaxed once I had the bfp.

KatieTTC,

Thanks for your response. I appreciate you sharing your bfp even though you still had spotting. I'm so convinced I am out in a cycle if I start spotting (like this cycle when I started at 9 dpo). How long were you ttc before you got a bfp? Also, I don't mind you guys sharing about your bfp experiences on here. Im just glad to hear your stories and to see that so many of you that spent months worrying about this finally got your bfps!

katie-beautiful photo!!!!

ladies-off to my apt, soooo excitedd!!!!!

hello ladies,

chloe- :pink: thats so xciting, did u pick up names yet ?

katie- the scan is beautiful:thumbup:

liz- so sorry to hear abt ur situation:hugs: hopeu get sum ans & gl ! fx 4r ya !

almost- howazz ur fs appnmt ? hope all was great !

mrsp- cant wait to hear back 4rm ur scan !

hope- welcome to the thread ! sorry u had to find us this way & sorry abt the spotting..mine strted as i went off bcp's & my gyn thinks its normal..i tried bvits,rrl tea but no luck xcept i had gud af flow with the vits..tried natural prog cream which helped with the amt of spotting but not with the no# of days..had all scans& tests done & nothin came up ! gl with clomid & hope u get bfp real soon !

hi jelly,exp,daydream !

afm,sorry was mia..i turned 33 last week & felt depressed with everythin in general & then arguments & rants with dh !everythin is gud now ! thinkin back, i feel silly for bein so over sensitive :shrug:
cd4 today! on cd2, had golf ball size clot filled with blood & it felt like tissue ! freaked me out big time but then i thought watever & moved on :)

:dust:

Daydream,

Thanks for the info! Maybe I should ask for it anyway. Were you also a spotter? How did you finally get your bfp?

I was a spotter, though I finally found the perfect rx mix (the prometrium taken vaginally) to stop my spotting the cycle before my BFP. My BFP cycle was our third IUI using gonal f injections and prometrium.

yum - happy belated birthday!

Katie - Beautiful scan! That first scan with baby dancing around is the very best.

AFM - Halfway point in this pregnancy! The other day I was in the bathroom at work and marveled at how it feels like such a short period of time ago that I would be in there secretively taking OPK tests. How things change! So excited for you all to get your BFPs; it WILL happen. Just a matter of time. :flower:

Hi ladies-in a bit of a rush as I am off to do more chores with dh-BUT....FS went beautifully....we signed all papers, I had a transvaginal to count all my follicles and to check my lining and ovaries.....dh and I both got bloodwork done, and I am to start BCPs TODAY!!!!! If all goes well, I start lupron mid/end of this month and then the first week of Sept we have our two IVF procedures then the waiting game! So somewhat in limbo until September-but on BCPS and getting lots of meds through shots-very excited and hopeful!! We chose to have only one egg transfer-but if they end up with only two that are iffy they will put both which may end up in twins. Crazy but so neat! =)

Almost there - so pleased your appointment went well that's great news!

Katie - beautiful scan of little one

Daydream - I can't believe your half way already either !

Yum - you are only a couple of days behind me!

Afm - I'm going to do opks again this month as well as my usual temping

Welcome Hope :)

Sorry this is just a quick one ladies and will read individual posts tomorrow, but wanted to update from my scan. Heartbeat seen, measuring 7 weeks 2 days, got another scan in 2 weeks. Meet Baby P :cloud9: x

Attachments

• IMAG0632.jpg
    IMAG0632.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 5
P.S Katie - LOVE you cute little scan pic, really starting to look like a baby now :) x

Ahhh Congrats Mrspttc - That must be really reasuring :hi: baby P

Awww! Love those teeny first ultrasounds (ok ok I love ALL ultrasounds. I'm an ultrasound junkie). :thumbup: Looks good!

I agree, looks fantastic katie!!! baby p!! <3

afm bad news-just after I took my first bcp to get my body ready for ivf I got a call saying I needed to get a uterine cavity evaluation before I can be approved by insurance for ivf and this may take long enough to cancel out my first cycle...ughh. I am really disappointed, but it is not cancelled until prob. aug 13th as that is when I am supposed to start lupron. FX I can get in this thurs or friday and confirm things are all clear and good to go and prevent cancellation!!

Hi ladies, just a flyby message to say awwwww to the little bean of Mrs P, and good luck getting squeezed in this thursday or friday almstthere - sounds so positive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->