Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Thank you Rainbow32. I have taken soy this month on days 3-7 but its still too early whether they have brought my ov date forward. I went to see my doctor about 5 months ago who didn't seem very concerned about the spotting and was pretty useless TBH. I think I may try another doctor if soy doesn't work and get my progesterone levels checked out. Did your doctor prescribe the progesterone pessaries?
xxx

MrsPTTC, I checked the H&B site a bit more properly and they also have B-50, which has 50mg of B6 and 50ug of B12, so maybe that one would be better, since you can probably combine it with Pregnacare without overdosing anything. It still has Folic Acid, but it would make it 800mg a day, which is still within the range. I'm still waiting to O this cycle, which hopefully happens within a few days and I'm gonna take Agnus Castus until O is confirmed, so probably until 4DPO. I also figured implantation wouldn't happen until then anyway, and I want maximum effect.

Hi Soili, I have made a decision, I'm not gonna bother with the B vits yet, as the AC should do the same thing. (I came across an article before for low progesterone and it suggested AC, no mention of B6!) However, I think, not 100% yet, I'm going to continue taking the AC until about 10 dpo. I'm pretty sure the fetus doesnt get anything from the mother at first anyway and I've got early IC tests which I can use daily until I get a BFP. The way I'm looking at it is the AC does 2 jobs, brings ovulation forward & helps the spotting, if I only take it til ovulation then I would imagine it'll take longer to do the 2nd job, though I might be wrong. Can you take B vits after ovulation? I found this web page really helpful about the AC https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/vitex.html x

MrsPTTC, sounds like a good plan! I too have those cheapie ultra-early tests, but I wanted to stay clear from testing until 15DPO this month. I kinda wish I had O'ed already, because we were so good with BD'ing, but I still didn't get an absolute definitive positive OPK (I had two that I think were positive, but they weren't as dark as some I had in previous cycles). And the temps are still jumping up and down.

I also found some articles saying to stop taking AC when you find out you're pregnant. I might consider that if my O comes late this month.

I've been on AC for going on my third cycle, along with a B100 complex. the first month, I noticed results right away - I got a 12 day LP, and only started spotting on 10 dpo. The next month, I got a 10 day LP, and started spotting on 5 dpo. Both months I ovulated on CD 13 and CD 14 respectively. This month, it's CD 14 today, and my temp hasn't risen - hoping to see that tomorrow morning.

Has anyone tried Maca? I bought some and am taking it kinda sporadically. I am tired of taking all these pills!

Rainbow32, what kind of progesterone are you on? Have you noticed any side effects? My friend who was on progesterone said she grew extra hair and became a little crazy.

MrsPTTC, sounds like a good plan! I too have those cheapie ultra-early tests, but I wanted to stay clear from testing until 15DPO this month. I kinda wish I had O'ed already, because we were so good with BD'ing, but I still didn't get an absolute definitive positive OPK (I had two that I think were positive, but they weren't as dark as some I had in previous cycles). And the temps are still jumping up and down.

I also found some articles saying to stop taking AC when you find out you're pregnant. I might consider that if my O comes late this month.

You got any pics of your ov results hun? When I first took AC last month, (well 2 mths ago now as officially am on month 3 from today) I got the clearest positive I've ever had. Before, sometimes I was getting half a line dark (according to peeonastick.com some manufacturers consider this a positive as long as it's at least half of the line.) How long you been on the AC for? Sorry if you've already said. x

I've been on AC for going on my third cycle, along with a B100 complex. the first month, I noticed results right away - I got a 12 day LP, and only started spotting on 10 dpo. The next month, I got a 10 day LP, and started spotting on 5 dpo. Both months I ovulated on CD 13 and CD 14 respectively. This month, it's CD 14 today, and my temp hasn't risen - hoping to see that tomorrow morning.

Has anyone tried Maca? I bought some and am taking it kinda sporadically. I am tired of taking all these pills!

Rainbow32, what kind of progesterone are you on? Have you noticed any side effects? My friend who was on progesterone said she grew extra hair and became a little crazy.

Dear me cantwaitforu, it sounds like month 2 it made it much worse! :shrug: Hope you get your temp rise tomorrow and the lp is better this month. Are you stopping at ovulation like most other ladies? What is Maca, I've not heard of it? x

MrsPTTC, I've been taking AC only for 4 days now, started as soon it arrived in mail. The last time I got a positive OPK was in July (I stopped using them since then) and it was very obviously positive (I was actually at doctor's appointment that day and she told me I'm O'ing, so I took the test when I got home and the test line was darker than control one almost right away). I'm using same brand this month (cheapie ones from eBay) and in the last days it has gotten a lot darker, but nothing near the one I got in August. Once it dries, the test line gets 1/3 thin, but same intensity as the control line. So I'm not sure it's considered positive. I'm waiting for my temps to react to it, to make sure. But somehow I don't think it's time yet.

MrsPTTC, I've been taking AC only for 4 days now, started as soon it arrived in mail. The last time I got a positive OPK was in July (I stopped using them since then) and it was very obviously positive (I was actually at doctor's appointment that day and she told me I'm O'ing, so I took the test when I got home and the test line was darker than control one almost right away). I'm using same brand this month (cheapie ones from eBay) and in the last days it has gotten a lot darker, but nothing near the one I got in August. Once it dries, the test line gets 1/3 thin, but same intensity as the control line. So I'm not sure it's considered positive. I'm waiting for my temps to react to it, to make sure. But somehow I don't think it's time yet.

I'm sure as long as it's as dark as the control line then it's a positive, I've only had 1 month where it was much darker than the control line, and that was the first month of the AC x

im on cyclogest (prescribed by consultant who did my lap and dye)

my progesterone levels were fine on the blood test but consultant thinks they must rise and fall during that LP, so fine on day 21 test but maybe day 22 would be different.

cyclogest side effects - no hair!! but i have been feeling a bit sick the last few days and i have been having hot flashes at night - nothing too bad.

Dear me cantwaitforu, it sounds like month 2 it made it much worse! :shrug: Hope you get your temp rise tomorrow and the lp is better this month. Are you stopping at ovulation like most other ladies? What is Maca, I've not heard of it? x

I take 1000mg of Vitex/AC everyday of my cycle. I would stop as soon as I get pregnant, but my spotting starts so early, I know I'm not pregnant by about 10 dpo at the latest. every month, I feel the same, without any kind of pregnancy symptoms.

I read about maca on bnb. It's some sort of food found in Peru, but available to the rest of the world through capsules (and possibly drops). Young girls are given it very early on, and it is supposed to help with hormonal balance, and it increases sperm count. Somewhere on bnb, a member posted information about it (she is from Peru), and she gave it to her oh to help with his sperm count. And it helped him drastically!

I'm really hoping that my doctor will give me progesterone. I am ovulating today (never had so much cm in my entire life!), so I am going to ask my doc on Monday to give me progesterone, or at least test my levels next saturday (7 dpo). I've had enough of my LP issues - and I just know that this spotting issue will not let me get pregnant. How could I when my uterine lining is already starting to shed before implantation could happen???

im on cyclogest (prescribed by consultant who did my lap and dye)

my progesterone levels were fine on the blood test but consultant thinks they must rise and fall during that LP, so fine on day 21 test but maybe day 22 would be different.

cyclogest side effects - no hair!! but i have been feeling a bit sick the last few days and i have been having hot flashes at night - nothing too bad.

That's managable!! It makes sense that your levels can go up and down. I've even noticed that in my temps, it can be pretty up and down during my LP.

But, since you have been on it, your spotting has gone away and your LP has increased?

cantwaitforyou - my temps were very up and down during LP too.

yes this is my first cycle on the cyclogest (progesterone) and i have not had any spotting (im 12/13 dpo) had a BFN so i know i not pregnant unfortunately but this is my longest LP and longest i have ever gone not spotting.

cantwaitforu - the type of spotting you described is exactly what i have! I didn't go into to details with the doctor, but he just said spotting is normal. I'm worried though as it seems to start 4-8 dpo so i don't think that can be good?? Got my appts for ultrasounds etc booked for April. Does anyone know if spotting automatically means you are not pregnant each month?? Or can you still get the usual spotting and then be pregnant?

I take 1000mg of Vitex/AC everyday of my cycle. I would stop as soon as I get pregnant, but my spotting starts so early, I know I'm not pregnant by about 10 dpo at the latest. every month, I feel the same, without any kind of pregnancy symptoms.

I read about maca on bnb. It's some sort of food found in Peru, but available to the rest of the world through capsules (and possibly drops). Young girls are given it very early on, and it is supposed to help with hormonal balance, and it increases sperm count. Somewhere on bnb, a member posted information about it (she is from Peru), and she gave it to her oh to help with his sperm count. And it helped him drastically!

I'm really hoping that my doctor will give me progesterone. I am ovulating today (never had so much cm in my entire life!), so I am going to ask my doc on Monday to give me progesterone, or at least test my levels next saturday (7 dpo). I've had enough of my LP issues - and I just know that this spotting issue will not let me get pregnant. How could I when my uterine lining is already starting to shed before implantation could happen???

Totally agree with you, I wouldn't have thought it was possible, unless you have a reasonable lp and manage implantation before the spotting starts, but then brown blood is old blood, so I imagine the shedding starts at least a couple of days before the spotting actually starts! How long have you been taking the AC for, has it made any difference at all? It's done wonders for my ovulation, am hoping this month with taking it throughout the cycle it will improve the spotting... I've seen the thread on Maca, it sounds great, and helps the :spermy: Might give it a whirl. This TTC lark will end up costing me a fortune! x

it's costing me a fortune too - gona try accupuncture this week as well! Might try maca next x

Totally agree with you, I wouldn't have thought it was possible, unless you have a reasonable lp and manage implantation before the spotting starts, but then brown blood is old blood, so I imagine the shedding starts at least a couple of days before the spotting actually starts! How long have you been taking the AC for, has it made any difference at all? It's done wonders for my ovulation, am hoping this month with taking it throughout the cycle it will improve the spotting... I've seen the thread on Maca, it sounds great, and helps the :spermy: Might give it a whirl. This TTC lark will end up costing me a fortune! x

This is my third cycle taking AC. Depending on how it goes, I may take myself off of it. last month's cycle was too short and the spotting started at it's earliest. I was also very stressed, so that may have been a factor.

So far for this cycle, I ovulated today (thought it was happening yesterday, but got abundant EWCM and some spotting with o pains this evening), which is a little later than my average.

cantwaitforu - the type of spotting you described is exactly what i have! I didn't go into to details with the doctor, but he just said spotting is normal. I'm worried though as it seems to start 4-8 dpo so i don't think that can be good?? Got my appts for ultrasounds etc booked for April. Does anyone know if spotting automatically means you are not pregnant each month?? Or can you still get the usual spotting and then be pregnant?

I finally got my doctor to admit that it is not normal last time I saw him. Also, years ago when I was seeing an OBGYN for this, he told me to come back to see him if I had any problems getting pg. I'm hoping I will be referred back to him, and hope that he knows more about this. If he doesn't, I am going to new doctors and getting new opinions. I'm getting an ultrasound tomorrow and am hoping to get my CD21 bloodtests done next weekend, so I'll be sure to write back and let you know what happened.

I wonder about the spotting. Last month happened so early. It's hard to say as I was very stressed out, but the spotting began on 5dpo, and was very different from my usual spotting - the colour, consistency and the frequency. It would happen in the morning one day, then I wouldn't see it again until the evening. I do know that if your uterine lining is not at a certain thickness, implantation won't happen.

cantwaitforyou - my temps were very up and down during LP too.

yes this is my first cycle on the cyclogest (progesterone) and i have not had any spotting (im 12/13 dpo) had a BFN so i know i not pregnant unfortunately but this is my longest LP and longest i have ever gone not spotting.

To start, that is all I want right now! I would of course be happier with a BFP, but if I can get a cycle without spotting and a normal LP, that is a very important battle to win. Thanks for the info!!!!

Good luck to you all ladies. I'm off to buy myself some Maca!! Keep me updated on the spotting, it's intruiging (in a bad way of course!) x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->