Spouses with low sperm count.

I wish all of you good luck with your ttc journey. I've had all my checks and i'm fine but DH sperm count is low. We have been told IVF/ICSI is our best chance if we want to conceive. We should get the results of the second SA this Thursday at the FS. DH is on Wellman Conception to try and boost his count.

Definitely keep us posted when his second results come back. Good luck to you as well :) Did you get Wellman Conception at the doctor?

Oh I am so so so glad this thread is here!!! I've been devastated since we got the results of my fiancées SA. He has 4 mill count and low motility we were told. I haven't seen the actual report so I don't know what all the other numbers are. We were told though that we would need IVF with ICSI to get pregnant. My worry is that it is so expensive and guarantee it will work. :(. I've been searching and searching for what we can do to increase his sperm count.

:hugs:
I've found this site a great help for supplement advise

https://www.fertilinet.com/male.htm

I haven't been to that site. I will have to check that one out too.

Yeah he said he doen't think its worth it with those numbers, As they use IUI with higher numbers. But another consultant has a final say on what the next step would be.

if we can get the count higher id definitely ask for iui

I wish all of you good luck with your ttc journey. I've had all my checks and i'm fine but DH sperm count is low. We have been told IVF/ICSI is our best chance if we want to conceive. We should get the results of the second SA this Thursday at the FS. DH is on Wellman Conception to try and boost his count.

Good luck to you too hun.
Please let us know how you get on with the new results, it would be fab to hear a success story:thumbup:

Thats odd that they want the numbers higher. My doctor said the sperm count needs to be greater than or equal to 5 million per cc. All the doctors are different though.

It would be great if there was a blanket amount for all labs. He told us 8million rapid forward moving sperm. going by that result we dont have that, we aint even close :(

It would be great if there was a blanket amount for all labs. He told us 8million rapid forward moving sperm. going by that result we dont have that, we aint even close :(

I am sorry :( my DH only has 1.44 million moving forward.

I have just found a website selling the catheter to do self IUI

Im intrigued but i dont think my OH would be game.. Its amazing what you find googling LOL

Ha ha, I know right. Well you can get him just to release in a sterile cup and you can do the rest. I was googling a Semen Analysis Scope, Those bad boys are expensive. I convienced my husband to do it that way he can hold off on going to the Urologist for 2 1/2 months, so he was game. Tell me if you find other things that may be good to do.

I think i'll mention it tomorrow all he can say is no i suppose.

I will definitely... Me and Google are having a relationship at the moment :)

I was reading about the catheter IUI, it says if you don't do the sperm wash and just insert the sperm you can go into shock. I was just thinking about getting a sterile syringe and releasing the little guys close to the cervix..Of course lay with a pillow under my butt for 30 minutes or so too.

yes thats what i was considering actually trying to place the sperm right infront of the cervix. hoping the the proper swimmers get a good chance...

I have my OH on all of these supplements so on the 1st June i'll let you all know if they made a difference :)

Male Infertility & Supplements

Arginine—Take 4 gr daily. Needed to produce sperm. If the sperm count is below 10 million per ml, arginine probably will not provide any benefit.
Coenzyme Q10—Take 10 mg daily. Increases sperm count and motility.
Flaxseed oil—Take 1 tbsp daily. Is a source of essential fatty acids.
L-carnitine—Take 3–4 grams daily. Required for normal sperm function.
Selenium—Take 200 mcg daily. Improves sperm motility.
Vitamin B-12—Take 1000 mcg daily. A B-12 deficiency reduces sperm motility and sperm count. Even if no deficiency exists, B-12 supplementation may help men with a sperm count of less than 20 million per milliliter or a motility rate of less than 50%
Vitamin C—Take 1500 mg 1 times daily. Is an antioxidant.
Vitamin E—Take 400 IUs 2 times daily. Is an antioxidant and improves sperms' ability to impregnate.
Zinc—Take 30 mg 2 times daily. Required for a healthy male reproductive system and sperm production.
Panax Ginseng tincture
Astragalus tincture

I have my OH on all of these supplements so on the 1st June i'll let you all know if they made a difference :)

Male Infertility & Supplements

Arginine—Take 4 gr daily. Needed to produce sperm. If the sperm count is below 10 million per ml, arginine probably will not provide any benefit.
Coenzyme Q10—Take 10 mg daily. Increases sperm count and motility.
Flaxseed oil—Take 1 tbsp daily. Is a source of essential fatty acids.
L-carnitine—Take 3–4 grams daily. Required for normal sperm function.
Selenium—Take 200 mcg daily. Improves sperm motility.
Vitamin B-12—Take 1000 mcg daily. A B-12 deficiency reduces sperm motility and sperm count. Even if no deficiency exists, B-12 supplementation may help men with a sperm count of less than 20 million per milliliter or a motility rate of less than 50%
Vitamin C—Take 1500 mg 1 times daily. Is an antioxidant.
Vitamin E—Take 400 IUs 2 times daily. Is an antioxidant and improves sperms' ability to impregnate.
Zinc—Take 30 mg 2 times daily. Required for a healthy male reproductive system and sperm production.
Panax Ginseng tincture
Astragalus tincture

Ha ha, I bet he is feeling like a guinea pig right now. I am glad your husband is doing that. It really shows that he is wanting a baby just as much as you are :) Give him a pat on the back for me. I am really wanting to know how all this turns out. I went to GNC yesterday and bought some Zinc, Ginseng, and Vitamin C too...Hopefully we will get good results [-o<

...I haven't seen the actual report so I don't know what all the other numbers are. We were told though that we would need IVF with ICSI to get pregnant. My worry is that it is so expensive and guarantee it will work. :(. I've been searching and searching for what we can do to increase his sperm count.

I agree with Tiffany-- request the actual report! Our SA's were ordered through my doctor's, not husband's, and though we had a great conversation over the phone about what needed to be done, I still requested the actual report and picked it up. It took me a lot of googling until I felt like I knew what the numbers meant and how good/bad they were. The 2nd test we just informed the lab we would be picking up the report later in the afternoon.

Another thing... our first SA report was horrible and I was upset. We decided that he should take another one just in case (he mentioned using quite a bit of hand sanitizer before getting the sample). He took the second one two weeks later and the numbers were crazy different (in a good way). I'm glad we decided to take it sooner than later. Still not sure what to believe, but the newer SA has given us some hope.

Also...

I was just wondering about vitamins. Husband and I are on the fence about them. I know you need them, but I also prefer to get my daily vitamins through the foods I eat (and so does husband). Do you think it's possible to get all those vitamins we've been discussing into husband's diet? It seems a little impossible, but part of me really does feel like natural is better... thoughts?

Natural is better but he will have to have more intake of those foods. Of course Oranges are high in Vitamin C, Eat a lot of greens. Go with organic foods since they do not use pestisides on them. I would just google everything. I know you can make a ginseng tea, yuck, lol. Oysters have a lot of zinc and so does red meat.

Unfortunately red meat consumption is limited due to his cholesterol.

I've read that all of the minerals we need come from the plants we eat (they absorb the minerals through the soil). But the earth is over-fertilized and too many pesticides are used, so we don't get nearly enough minerals into our systems. We're starting a garden this year though so maybe we can control what veggies we eat this summer a bit more.

How serious are you Tiffany about the at home IUI? Is it something you're going to wait to do, or is it something that might happen in the near future?

Very serious about the home IUI. I am not going to insert it into my cervix since you can go into to shock if the sperm is not washed. I am just going to take a syringe and place it outside of my cervix when I am O'ing. I am doing it this cycle... It will not be harmful if I do it the way I am going to. My good friend did it with her partner since they used donor sperm. It only took them 2 cycles to try it that way and no they both have a little boy.

Well good luck and let us know how it goes! I hope it goes well. Knowing my luck, I'd probably stick it into my cervix :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->