Spouses with low sperm count.

lol, well I hope that doesn't happen to me.. Going to be as cautious as possible. I am only doing this because the doctor said his sperm count is to low for there IUI. I wouldn't do it at all if we could have the actual procedure done. We decided last night that we are going to do this for 6 months and if it does not work than we will go through with IVF/ICSI.

Do you mind sharing how your DH feels about everything?

A little after my husband's first SA came back I was joking and said I didn't want to have sex because nothing came of it, and he gave me this look, and I realized he thought I was bitter about his bad results. But I really was joking and I actually wasn't thinking of his SA! Bad me.

So I guess I'm just asking how your DH has been feeling about all of the tests/results... he sounds like a strong person who can't wait to have a baby with you! :)

I said the same thing too ao30. I told my husband that it is pointless to have sex if his little troops are mentally impaired, lol, I too was only joking and it did hurt him a little. I than reassured him it was not his fault and I apologized.

The reason why we stopped with our fertility treatments last year was because my husband backed out. He said he didn't thin we were ready even though at that time we were TTC for 3 years than. I decided to not pressure him and let him decide on his own when it came to trying again. He sat me down in January and said "I want to see what we can create and I am willing to do anything to make that possible". Of course I was on the ball making appointments the next day, lol. I found out last month that Jason was just scared last year because he thought it was him thats why he wanted to stop. Men handle things like that a little differently I guess. He has been a trooper since than. Not to make you think of him in a bad way but he did smoke the green stuff and we drank almost every weekend. He wasn't willing to give that up since his job is so stressful and that stuff calmed him. Since January Jason quit all of it. No drinking, marijuana, and started eating right. If we decided to get his SA done in January I guarantee his count would have been a lot worse. I have always told him he has to quit doing that when we have a kid because 1. he has a great job and he will mess it up 2. I do not want my kids around it. Him being 31 I was very dissapointed that he did still do those things because I do not do anything illegal. He was also afraid that we would have triplets or something. It is not that we can not financially pay for triplets it is just him thinking of being a first time dad to anything more than 2. Anyway I am proud of him for steping up. He has changed a whole lot, not for me but for himself. Like I said I did not pressure him. That is how I know he wants to be a father, really bad actually.

It's so encouraging to hear how much he's given up for you and your family! I bet his SA will improve as time goes on... :) You're absolutely right-- the best stuff often happens when we back off and let them come around on their own terms.

BTW, you can call me Olive or Olivia (I go by both). I just realized my screen name is kind of annoying to type out.

Hi ladies,

Been ttc for 7 years. Dh's :spermy: are 20,000 in total. Of that only 4,000ish (I think she said) were 'normal'.

Dh has started on some vitamins.

Waiting to see if I'm to start IUI or IVF following IUI pre-test boot camp in a couple of weeks.

Hello ladies. Im new and havent been to the Doctor with DH for a SA yet. Soon tho.

Im wondering how long it takes to get the results back. :)

Hello ladies. Im new and havent been to the Doctor with DH for a SA yet. Soon tho.

Hi there,

They usually say a week but they did ours within two days. They have to analyse them immediately so should theoretically have them pretty quickly.

All the best

Hi ladies,

It is so good to see this thread.

Im 25 PCOS sufferer. I thought that was bad enough but 1st SA results back late feb indicated low sperm count. OH has 5 million 1% progression and 1% normal. Not sure what it all means as i wasnt given a breakdown just told that it was low and to do another one which will be doing this thursday.

I was given clomid to get me ovulating in the mean time. Just feel really down about it, and now i no the second sample is comming up im getting all anxious and up tight again. I no it sounds stupid but just before an appt and for the wait for results like SA and bloods i get all up tight and anxious then once i have the results i settle down again! Does that make sense? Im rambling now anyway.

Good luck everyone and will be nice to see how everyone gets on xx

Husband got his the same day. Everything has to be checked out in an hour or so after... ejaculation. For the first one we waited for my office to call me with the results, and for the second one we just asked the lab if we could pick the results up on our own later that afternoon.

Hi ladies,

Im 25 PCOS sufferer. I thought that was bad enough but 1st SA results back late feb indicated low sperm count. OH has 5 million 1% progression and 1% normal. Not sure what it all means as i wasnt given a breakdown just told that it was low and to do another one which will be doing this thursday.

I was given clomid to get me ovulating in the mean time. Just feel really down about it, and now i no the second sample is comming up im getting all anxious and up tight again. I no it sounds stupid but just before an appt and for the wait for results like SA and bloods i get all up tight and anxious then once i have the results i settle down again! Does that make sense? Im rambling now anyway.

I know how you feel... I get very stressed out before tests. I'm glad to see that he's going in for another SA. I know I've been all over the boards with this, but husband's second SA was horrible and the second one was great... so you never know.

Hang in there! :flower:

Hi ladies,

You are not crazy at all. I get the same way even after we go to the doctor, especially if I am waiting on the results to come back. We are in the same boat with PCOS and the DH with a very low count as well. Keep your head up!

It's so encouraging to hear how much he's given up for you and your family! I bet his SA will improve as time goes on... :) You're absolutely right-- the best stuff often happens when we back off and let them come around on their own terms.

BTW, you can call me Olive or Olivia (I go by both). I just realized my screen name is kind of annoying to type out.

Yeah I am very happy with him too. With the way he was I was thinking he was going to end up being like Willie Nelson or something..Ha ha, old with a beard and still smoking the bong. Thats why I can't be happier with the way things have turned out.

Well it is nice to meet you Olive I am Tiffany.

Hi ladies,

Been ttc for 7 years. Dh's :spermy: are 20,000 in total. Of that only 4,000ish (I think she said) were 'normal'.

Waiting to see if I'm to start IUI or IVF following IUI pre-test boot camp in a couple of weeks.

Good luck with IUI or IVF! Hopefully you will be preggers soon. I bet you are getting excited and anxious at the same time. I would be tickled pink.

It depends on if your FS has a lab that does it there. If they do, than if he gets in early you will get the results back the same day, I did. I have read on some peoples posts where theirs took anywhere from 2-7 days.

Hi ladies,

Good luck with IUI or IVF! Hopefully you will be preggers soon. I bet you are getting excited and anxious at the same time. I would be tickled pink.

Hehe... :happydance: I am so excited. Dh isn't! he said he only gets excited when he sees a bump. Well I do have a bump, but not the kind he is looking for :haha:

Hi ladies,

Hehe... :happydance: I am so excited. Dh isn't! he said he only gets excited when he sees a bump. Well I do have a bump, but not the kind he is looking for :haha:

Men like to have proof...When they feel the first kick that is when realization kicks in. If only they got half as excited as we do when it comes to these things, lol.

Men like to have proof...When they feel the first kick that is when realization kicks in. If only they got half as excited as we do when it comes to these things, lol.

I never got far along enough in my pregnancies to feel movement, but I agree that they often need some kind of proof for the realization to set in. I was a little bloated early on and husband thought my "baby belly" was the best thing ever... I refrained from explaining to him that I was just bloated :haha:

I never got far along enough in my pregnancies to feel movement, but I agree that they often need some kind of proof for the realization to set in. I was a little bloated early on and husband thought my "baby belly" was the best thing ever... I refrained from explaining to him that I was just bloated :haha:

Hehehe :haha: that's funny. I guess it's a man thing then :dohh:

Ha Ha, you girls crack me up..We definitely need to keep eachother updated on here when it comes to what we are going to have happen, even how the appointments go. I know I love reading all about you ladies and what we go through to try and make this happen for us.

Ha Ha, you girls crack me up..We definitely need to keep eachother updated on here when it comes to what we are going to have happen, even how the appointments go. I know I love reading all about you ladies and what we go through to try and make this happen for us.

Ditto! :thumbup:

I guess I should check out some of the journals to figure out where everyone is in their journey. Not sure if I am ready to start my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->