Spray Tan

Its completely safe to have a spray tan! I've researched this and medically there is nothing wrong with you having one. I would have the spray tan where the beauticians actually spray you, don't get in the booth for inhalation reasons. Its even safe to use a sun bed (not that I use them anyway) but it's been proven to have zero harmful effect on your baby.

By the way, I wear makeup every day, I am a makeup artist by trade - these chemicals in every day cosmetics do not pose even the slightest threat to the developing baby. And working in the cosmetic industry I know about what is harmful and what is not! With fake tans, you need to avoid the ingredient Paraben - not many brands include this anymore anyway. Another to avoid is certain essential oils. The ONLY thing I have changed is I use a roll on deodorant rather than a spray due to the fumes bugging me (and they're probably not great for you anyway). Anyway, each to their own I guess. If anyone wants to ban makeup, lotion, hand lotion, shower creams, shampoo, toothpaste etc etc... entirely up to them.

There is no proven risk to the fetus and never has been. Even the risks we are warned about, Listeria and Toxoplasmosis, are tiny - one in 30,000 and 50,000 respectively - yet we are told to avoid foods that MAY carry these because of this tiny risk. The risk from cosmetics doesn't exist :flower:

If everyone just chilled with their pregnancy the world would be a calmer place :kiss:

My ob told me that as long as it's a sugar based spray tan it's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->