• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spring rainbows 2016 - Come keep me company!

Some very weird things going on with tests here

Amygdala although they typically don't offer blood tests there is no reason you can't request one. I was told if hpt not negative after 14 days then get seen....could be that d&c didn't clear everything (sorry) but also if you think you could be pregnant...dtd at the right time all you can do it sit it out. If not negative by Thursday I would contact gp x x

just remember it might take longer than 14 days post d&c, took me 6 weeks to get my negative test! I also had hpt's fluctuate, getting lighter and darker all the time. until you get that true negative I don't think anything can happen in terms of ovulation and/or pregnancy. the advice I was given is that if it takes longer than 4 weeks, contact your gp, not that was even helpful as she asked me to do one of their hpt's and even though she said it was negative, I was still getting 1-2 weeks on clearblue digital.

the best thing to do is sit tight and keep testing until negative, it's all you can do which is frustrating when all you want is to be pregnant again.

Thanks all!

Mitchnorm, I think I'm pretty definitely not pregnant. D&c was less than two weeks ago so I don't think my lining would have had time to build up, never mind ovulation or implantation in time for a positive test now.

Jemma, that's so reassuring to read! I take it you had no other complications from the hcg fluctuations? I've been obsessively googling all afternoon but couldn't find anyone who had hcg go up and down and didn't have to have another d&c or treatment for a molar pregnancy. :shock:

Amy I think it's just those types of tests, since they are quite cheap, from your pictures it looks like we used the same ones and apparently they can be a bit sporadic in their sensitivity. It's something which I noticed when I looked properly, the control line was always a different thickness or strength.

I have had no complications or need for further intervention, just a slow reduction in hcg. It'seems a pain but it must be our bodies telling us it needs time to recover, at least it's the only explanation I have lol like you I have Googled the hell out of the Internet but AF is here in full flow now so it will come around for you soon enough xx

My hpt is a tad lighter today but given that I am pretty sure I've been under 25 for over a week, who gives a flip. Take this random hcg and give me AF already!

Sorry TTC. But at least it's starting to look clearer now. Hope AF arrives soon.

TTC- Hoping for AF for you. Then you can look toward a fresh start and a normal cycle!

Amy- No more googling! (As I google chances of getting BFN at 7 dpo and then later getting BFP :haha:)

Yes, I caved and tested today, even though I knew it was way too early. I am really going to try to wait until Saturday now (11 dpo).

Pink, step away from the pregnancy tests! A bfn at 7dpo means nothing at all! Hopefully when you test next on Saturday (right? :winkwink:) it'll be happier news.

I had two lighter tests this morning. I think the fluctuations are real, because they are consistent across a few consecutive tests but I'm hoping it'll just resolve by itself soon. Apart from the tests, I'm really tearful today and had a terrible night with insomnia mixed with nightmares. Woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a bus, with all my joints hurting, which I know is hormone related for me. So things seem to be happening, I just don't know what. :haha:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 2
I had insomnia last night, too. You should've called me amygdala! :haha:

I'm trying a case today. So, it isn't a good day to be exhausted. Oh well! Not much I can do about it. March onward!

How did your day go TTC? Or I guess it may still be on going in Florida? Sounds like it was a big one anyway. What is it you do? Sounds interesting. I'm in the finishing stages of my doctoral thesis but it's not happening at all at the moment. I had 8 hours for writing today but couldn't concentrate at all. I'm sure part of it was tiredness but there's definitely something weird going on with my hormones. I kept crying, on and off all day but without obvious cause. Maybe a bit of it was being overwhelmed but I think mostly it was physiological. And I had more spotting today, although no more cramping. Took another test this afternoon which was really, really faint. As in, if I was looking for a bfp, I'd probably think I'm just imagining it. Hoping tomorrow morning's will be similar.

I've had a super faint positive for the past two days, too (as in I might miss it as a BFP). So, hopefully AF is on her way soon!

I'm a prosecutor. I prosecute domestic violence.

Wow, I bet that's a really tough job! Do you manage to switch off from it when you go home? I thought about becoming a clinical psychologist for a while but decided that I'd probably not cope too well with some types of cases, especially when you can't help. It must be really hard to see someone not get the sentence you think they deserved. Or just switch off from thinking about your cases altogether? What important work you're doing though, I have huge respect for that!

I know. It's just that my hcg must be under 25 because it doesn't show on all 25 iu tests and it barely shows on the ones it does show on. So, when the heck is it going to go away!

Ttc my AF arrived when hcg hit around 20-30 after last mc x x

News here is that according to pre-mc and d&c cycle...AF should have arrived today. No sign. Not pregnant as haven't dtd...wanted to get all clear from charing cross first (post molar check). After last d&c it arrived day 35. So want to it to just come already! !!

Mitchnorm, sorry AF hasn't arrived. I guess unfortunately there's no predicting it for a while after a miscarriage.

If you don't mind me asking, when did you find out about your partial molar? I know that the hospital sent a sample away for testing after my d&c, I'm assuming for molar pregnancy. But no-one mentioned it to me or said that we should wait to try. The surgeon explicitly said that I didn't need to wait for a period when I saw her before the procedure, but as I didn't see anyone afterwards, I'm wondering if things might have changed. It's been two weeks now. Do you reckon I would have heard by now?

Mitchnorm, sorry AF hasn't arrived. I guess unfortunately there's no predicting it for a while after a miscarriage.

If you don't mind me asking, when did you find out about your partial molar? I know that the hospital sent a sample away for testing after my d&c, I'm assuming for molar pregnancy. But no-one mentioned it to me or said that we should wait to try. The surgeon explicitly said that I didn't need to wait for a period when I saw her before the procedure, but as I didn't see anyone afterwards, I'm wondering if things might have changed. It's been two weeks now. Do you reckon I would have heard by now?

they sent my tissue for testing but I didn't hear anything back about it. not at my 2 week checkup or now. i had honestly forgotten it until i got the pathology bill just the other day. I think if there's anything wrong with the tissue they tell you, otherwise you dont hear about it again

Yeah, that's what I figured. Just wondered when I can consider myself safe. I might phone the GP and see if they've heard anything. I guess the risk is very very low.

With my molar I got the call 11 days after d&c to confirm molar at that point advised to not ttc...then referred to charing cross for monitoring. With second mc they sent to lab for check.....took 14 days but got a negative. I called them to chase on that occasion. They said to me labs take around 2 weeks but all histology labs are different I guess....I have heard of others waiting longer. I would always call now. They said to me I would only receive a call if it was positive.....negative they don't contact you. X x

My molar wasn't spotted on a scan....so histology tests were a bit of a bolt out the blue. Had no idea what molar meant

Just to say you are best calling epu.....GP will likely be informed after you x x

Im sure it's not though

Having a moment and need to vent. :cry:

I am a mess. I am cycling between getting my hopes up and testing too early and feeling hopeless.

My pregnant coworker whose due date is near my would-be due date just announced her pregnancy to the staff. It felt like a punch in the stomach. I haven't cried over the MC in weeks and now I can't stop. :cry: It is all coming back again. I know I should be able to separate my pregnancy from hers, but I am clearly just not that strong. In all honesty, I am happy for her and I do want things to go well for her. I am just not ready to hear about it/ watch it go on at this point. Feel terrible for feeling this way as she is a good friend. :nope:

I just want this TWW to be over either way. 10 dpo now, tested BFN yesterday afternoon.

Crazy lady rant over. Thanks for listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->