Spring rainbows 2016 - Come keep me company!

That's funny amygdala. I did the same thing. I tested with an FRER this morning to see if there were traces of hcg and there are. It's super faint, but they're there. I wish they'd just go away already!

right, this is my first time using opk's.... I've done one this morning to see if I could be O'ing, this looks positive albeit faint, how would you interpret this? I am gearing up for O since it didn't show immediately and strong? sorry just don't have a clue x

Attachments

• 20160131_115825-1.jpg
    20160131_115825-1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1
Opks are only positive when the test line is darker than the control line. My opks look like that atm from leftover hcg, which they also pick up. But if your hcg is 0, then I'd say you are on your way to ovulation. It's my first cycle using them again after years though, so couldn't say if O ist just around the corner or days/weeks away.

Googled and found this picture for reference: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B004HCLENY/ref=cm_cr_pr_redirect_aw?ie=UTF8#GALLERY

Opks are only positive when the test line is darker than the control line. My opks look like that atm from leftover hcg, which they also pick up. But if your hcg is 0, then I'd say you are on your way to ovulation. It's my first cycle using them again after years though, so couldn't say if O ist just around the corner or days/weeks away.

thanks hun, my HCG should be 0 since I've had proper negative tests and my first AF just finished on Friday :happydance: I know I shouls be O'ing soon but didn't think I'd have anything on an opk just yet. FF says my O day is next Thurs based on a 28 day cycle but who knows how long it's going to be after such a body mess up :shrug: good job I been BD'ing anyway :blush: well hopefully I'll get a proper +opk soon.

Jemma, sounds like you're covered either way. We've been using the same excuse. You know, "just in case". :winkwink:

you can only keep trying eh :shrug: it's the best way to move on we decided, just get pregnant again as soon as my body let's us

Pink.....hope that line gets nice and dark for you x x x

Jemma...Yeah the test line needs to be as dark if not darker than control. They are cheap enough that I used one mid morning and one evening to pinpoint it exactly ha ha. Good luck

News here is AF has arrived yay:happydance: seems weird to be celebrating but hey means I can move on. Going to have a proper talk with hubby tonight after daughter in bed. Booked an appt with my nice gp on Thursday. ..earliest I could get in to see her..and asking to be signed off work for a few days. ..possibly a week (will check work diary :-/)..going to speak to my boss to explain and going to investigate my employee benefits package at work to see about some counselling sessions. Alongside this I hope we'll be ttc this month x x

ah mitchnorm that's fab, yeah it's weird but it means you have some sense as what's going on :happydance:

thank you for the clarification girls, since I have bulk bought 50 opk's I will defo be testing twice a day until I get the proper positive test, even having a line has given me confidence that I will O this month. I am so happy things seem to be returning to normal and I can look forward with ttc :happydance:

Jemma- Yep, test twice a day and the test line will be super dark. When it's positive, you'll know right away. Good luck!

Mitch- Glad to hear you are taking care of yourself. So important right now. :hugs:

TTC and Amy- Fingers crossed for some snow white negatives!

AFM- Took another FRER with fmu. Last test was yesterday afternoon, so not quite 24 hours earlier. I think it is getting darker, but it is still pretty darn faint.

A negative blood test means under 5, not necessarily 0. I don't know my exact number 3 weeks ago, I just know it was negative. I am still worried that FRER is just so sensitive that it is detecting super low levels. Unlikely, I'm sure. Hopefully the lines get darker though, so I can get excited.

Thoughts on these lines? Top one was yesterday pm, bottom one is today am.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 9
oh hun that looks really promising, the bottom one is defo darker!!! omg I am so hoping you get this as one of us needs some good luck fxxxxxxx

Pink, the second one is definitely darker. But mind that it'll also be darker in the morning if it's still leftover hcg. Not saying it is but I'd compare at least two or three tests with fmu before concluding that it's a new pregnancy. Hopefully by tomorrow morning or the day after you'll have a beautiful progression of darkening lines!

Mitchnorm, sounds like all positive steps. Well done for taking care of yourself! I think that's such a hard thing to do sometimes but so important.

Jemma, I'll join you with the opks. Race you?? To be fair though, I don't think I have a chance in hell of winning this one. Would be delighted to ovulate at all in February.

Haha Amy, sure :happydance: to be honest if you have your negative then anything can happen, there's no set routine, if not now I hope you catch the next cycle and we can join Pink on the PG journey :dust:

Aw, well I'll be taking a break until May if it doesn't happen these next few weeks. But I can always keep myself busy cheering everyone else on. :)

I don't blame you to be honest, I don't really want a December baby either but then again if it happens I wouldn't complain lol this is our month girls, we'll make it happen x

Jemma- Yep, test twice a day and the test line will be super dark. When it's positive, you'll know right away. Good luck!

Mitch- Glad to hear you are taking care of yourself. So important right now. :hugs:

TTC and Amy- Fingers crossed for some snow white negatives!

AFM- Took another FRER with fmu. Last test was yesterday afternoon, so not quite 24 hours earlier. I think it is getting darker, but it is still pretty darn faint.

A negative blood test means under 5, not necessarily 0. I don't know my exact number 3 weeks ago, I just know it was negative. I am still worried that FRER is just so sensitive that it is detecting super low levels. Unlikely, I'm sure. Hopefully the lines get darker though, so I can get excited.

Thoughts on these lines? Top one was yesterday pm, bottom one is today am.

Yay, Pink! That line is definitely darker!!!

Pink, I see it, too! I'm really excited for you, crossing everything. If blood hcg was negative three weeks ago, I'm thinking this must be a new pregnancy. But I understand you're wanting to be cautious at this point. So lots of sticky baby dust to you!

MrsRose, welcome! Sorry, I think we posted at the same time, only noticed your post now. Sounds like you're on the right track with investigations. Is your DH getting another SA at some point or do you just have to trust that the supplements are working?

TTC, I'm joining you on the endless hcg train. Had a clear negative on a cheapie yesterday, but positive on a FRER this morning. *sigh* I'm out of cheapies so will leave it a week, then test with another FRER I think. Or through some more cheapies at it if they arrive before then, I think I get 10 with the opks I ordered.

Had a talk with my BFF (yes, really!) yesterday, who thinks we should wait until May anyway, so I've got my "head free" for work. I don't think she realises that my head won't be free until I get another real bfp. Or a good 12 weeks scan. Or possibly until baby turns 1. :haha: Anyway, I mentioned the conversation to DH and he very quickly said he didn't see it that way. He's normally very concerned about making things as easy as possible for me and trying to see what I'd want before even expressing his opinion (sweet but annoying at times :haha:). So I really think he wants a new pregnancy as much as me. It's nice to have a reminder of that because he's very cautious with all things ttc normally, fearing the change of lifestyle it brings I think.

I have an appointment with my OBGYN tomorrow to talk about next steps, testing, etc. I assume she'll want him to have another SA, but we'll see what she says. Even if she doesn't, I'd like him to go ahead and have one done in the next few weeks. I just like to know what I'm working with!

Jemma, Amy - I'm also doing OPKs 2-3 times a day. Yesterday I had EWCM but negative OPKs. This morning I had even more EWCM so I took my IC OPK and Advanced Digital and I got a faint line on the IC and a flashing smiley on the Advanced. I was a bit surprised b/c last month I didn't get a flashing smiley until CD19 and today is CD15. Very nice to shave off a few days--I'm soooo impatient!

Now, we'll have to see when I get the solid smiley. Not great timing b/c DH is going out of town tomorrow through Wednesday. Really hope my solid smiley can hold off until he gets back! Last month I had 4 days of flashing smileys so FX that happens again this month.

Jemma, on an unrelated note, how did you put your chart in your signature?

Mrs Rose ~ looks like we are about to hit O together, my FF says I'll O mid/late week so we'll see how we go eh?! At least if you can DTD tonight then you'll have a chance at catching that eggy since they say the sperm can survive up to 7 days in the uterus. I plan on attacking OH all this week so we have the best chance at pregnancy :blush:

As for my signature, my way is a little long winded as I found it by accident lol I have the fertility friend app and did the following...

options, share chart and data, create/preview homepage, click link to preview homepage, bottom of page click share this page, copy the BB code (thumbnail) and paste into the signature bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->