stage 2-3 car seat isofix???

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by MadameJ, Nov 14, 2011.

1. MadameJ

MadameJ Leo*Lexie*Zander*Madison

Hi

Is there such a thing as a stage 2 - 3 car seat thats isofix AND had a 3 or 5 point harness??

My DS is 2yrs old and weighs 2 an a half stone and he is currently in a Maxi Cosi Priorifix seat which is meant to go up to 18kg (he's only 3kg off it) and his head i s reaching the top of the seat which i was told is unsafe!

So I am looking for a stage 2-3 seat but majority of them have no harnesses and I just don't think he's quite ready for that as i know he'd get himself out and I would be forever panicking!!

Plus it has to be isofix,my OH won't even consider anything else.

2. Kimmer

Kimmer Mummy to a beautiful baby

I don't think you can get them with Isofix I'm afraid. I agree he is far too young to not have a 5 point harness.

The best thing would probably be the Britax Evolva 1-2-3. That has a 5 point harness.

It isn't isofix, but a car seat that would need a seatbelt to keep him in that DID have isofix wouldn't be as safe as a non isofix car seat that DOES have a 5 point harness.

I hope that makes sense :haha:

3. MadameJ

MadameJ Leo*Lexie*Zander*Madison

Thanks for the reply!

It does make sense,I have no clue when it comes to car seats.All I know is hes way to young for just a seat belt.