stain removing

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
Anyone have any good ways to get your white soakers and lining inside the cloth diapers looking more white... Mine arnt really stained, but they are kind of dingy looking... so im trying to figure out way to get them looking white again.

sunlight/moonlight is great for getting stains out just pop them on your washing line for a day x

agree with bunnyhop!

During crap weather, just popping them in the window sill can help too

I will occasionally bleach my inserts too..obviously wouldn't do it for the insides of the diapers that have color but just the inserts alone you can do

bunnyhop - moonlight? I didn't know that!

Every now and again I put all my inserts on a 90 degree wash with a capful of bleach and rinse rinse rinse lol stops them smelling a bit funny and nice and white, then when it's warmer weather again I will be line drying them x

ok, thanks ladies... I wasnt sure about the bleach but I guess I will give it a go. I dont even have any bleach in my house LOL....

A friend told me you can put lemon on them too and hang them in the sun. But you have to wash them after because the lemon turns brown, but it comes rights out.

ok, thanks ladies... I wasnt sure about the bleach but I guess I will give it a go. I dont even have any bleach in my house LOL....

A friend told me you can put lemon on them too and hang them in the sun. But you have to wash them after because the lemon turns brown, but it comes rights out.

Sunlight itself should work x

Ooooh i might try bleeching mine then...

I never found napisan works for me :hissy: Might try it again....

I never found napisan works for me :hissy: Might try it again....

I put napisan in every baby wash as its a germacide and if I use it frequently it works well. For stubborn stains I soak in napisan for a couple of hours then a long wash and so far all stains have shifted and Noah has certain y tested them out throughly so far!

I thought napisan isn't recommended with nappies with elastic as it can wear the elastic?

Not very helpful to your question, but it made me laugh so I thought I'd share it....

MIL was waxing on about how she always used to have the "whitest nappies on the street" (Terry flat nappies). I asked her what she did and it went like this - soak in Napisan overnight or longer, wash on a boil wash with extra detergent, then wash on a normal wash with no detergent to get out any detergent (!), then hang outside to dry. This wasn't even special stain removal treatment, this was all nappies all the time! She must have been exhausted with four kids doing this every other day, in an old style top loader with seperate spinner!

:shock: thats determination for you haha

does anyone know how to get stains out of nappies with coloured outside, ive heard napisan bleaches everything white? does it?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->