Standing to walking?

A

AppleBlossom

Grace can now stand herself up but only by holding onto things. I know I probably have a way to go yet but how long was it between when your LO learnt to stand themselves up till they were walking? I was hoping she would have started taking her first steps around her 1st birthday but thats only 2.5 months away

Wow she is doing great :)
Jack is the same age and has been holding himself up on things for about 3 weeks now, but still no sign of walking by himself, spoken to a few mums who's babies were the same and they took their first steps by their first birthday........ Good Luck :hugs:

25th Jan - Could stand up on her own.
4th March - Took first steps.

1.5m?

She walks properly now, so about 2months from standing to walking properly.

Yeah but Caitlyn is wonder woman in baby form...

I'd love her to take her first steps before she's one.

i was thinking this too bexy, maddi can also do this, but she seems to develop really sparatically, one min she does nothing, then she learns loads, then stops :dohh: i think they seem to do it all when they're ready honey, i do look forward to and dread maddi walking, i'm terrified of her falling :blush:

I'm not sure, Hannah's been pulling up on furniture for a week now but it doesn't look like she'll be walking anytime soon

Benn went from standing to walking in about a month!! Ellies abit of a slow learner so i think ive got a right wait but kids always prove you wrong so now ive said that she'll walk at 10mths or something lol

Dec was pulling up at 8 months and started taking steps at 10 months, he was running by 10.5 months, so 2.5 months from standing to running. Oh by the way Dec never walked he went straight to running!!!!! Lol

Jayden has been standing for about a month now and hes starting to get brave taking steps when hes holding on to things its so scary how quick they grow up ... weres our babies gone!!! :rofl: xx

Dont say this Jacob pulls himself up to stand against the sofa the cot etc for about 3 weeks now :dohh: I was hoping id have at least another 4 months before he is walking :rofl: XxxX

Alasdair has been pulling to stand for a while now, maybe 7 months ish but I don't think he'll walk much before 12 months. Maybe I'm completely wrong! lol. He walks holding on to things but I think he knows crawling is quicker :dohh:

just over a month from standing to walking.

p.s don't wish for it to happen too soon, you have to worry about EVERYTHING in the house. Door handles, things on top of tables etc etc. Oh and my LO has now decided he likes carrying things when walking so instead of his toys being sprawled all over just the lounge floor, they now are all over the house in perfect places for us to trip and fall.

Hmm not sure Carlys was 9 months and running at 10 months so a month there, but Ella has been standing for about 2 months and does walk but not perfectly so i spect she has abit to go!

ali started crawling about 3 weeks ago, a couple of days later he stood up holding onto the coffee table, he is now able to 'cruise' around furniture if close enough - all that happened in a space of a few days after crawling. Personally i think once they have figured out how to stand up they will move onto walking quickly. he is CONSTANLTY standing up and moves along the side of furniture really well. hopefully not long i say!!!

aww well done Grace! Amelia is wanting to walk everywhere now not on her own like. When she sees you now all she does is look for your hands to help her lol
xxxx

Brady can stand on his own now, but won't quite walk yet, and he is 12 months. He has been standing holding onto things and cruising along the furniture since he was about 8 months. I think he'll start to walk in the next few weeks, its more a confidence thing now I think

I don't actually want her to walk yet cause she is bad enough rolling over and crawling everywhere!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->