Starting 2nd ivf cycle April/May

There isn't a followup appointment. I should get AF in a couple of days, and I am to call to let them know what I want to do. At this point... I don't know. I know some girls have had it way worse off than I have, but I'm not sure my heart can take much more.

Dazed I am so sorry. This process is literally heart breaking! Don't think about what you are going to do yet, take some time out and grieve first. I am sure you don't want any advice at the moment but please remember you can get pregnant and I hope someone can help you carry a child to birth. You will get the family you deserve one day :hugs:

Eab & 222, I hope yesterday went well for you. Thinking of you both.

AFM, my PMA has gone right out the window, I am still cramping and started spotting this afternoon. I have a very slim panty liner in (because of the virginal suppositories) and it was full of brown blood and also when I wipe - sorry TMI. Its just like it is when my AF is going to arrive. I am only 9dp3dt my OTD isn't until Sunday. If I do a test this afternoon do you think I will get an accurate reading? I am going to test in the morning too, with this bleeding I need to know one way or another.

:flower:

Mrs - I just had basically that exact conversation with my doctor. I had 6 eggs retrieved, all 6 were mature, 3 fertilized (one abnormally), and the two that fertilized normally both were excellent blasts. I asked if this was normal or why/what might have gone wrong.
He said that if you look at overall proprotions - 50% of my eggs fertilized. That's definitely not great especially for my age (32). And that was with ICSI and DH has great numbers, so it's likely not a sperm issue (thought it is still possible). But if you take a step back from that, 1 in 3 mature eggs turned into a day-5 blast. And he said that IS quite good. Which is the exact same proportion you have. So maybe there are some hiccups along the way, but the end product was still pretty good :)
And from what I've heard here an everything I've read, the grading can be VERY subjective. In another day that CB grade could turn into a BB! So I wouldn't worry much on that.

finally heard about our frozen embies - got two frozen blasts

one is a 4BB and one is a 4CB ..... kinda worried about that second one.....

wondering if this has been the problem all along?
had 20 eggs at retrieval....12 mature...9 fertilized with ICSI....ended up with 3 blasts

maybe thats normal? just worried about future cycles too.....you think they would put in both with those qualities?

Well done on getting two frosties x

MrsL - It's great that you have frosties! The grading doesn't mean much really. I have seen crap grades go onto be healthy babies!

Pinkie - As long as you don't use a walmart cheapie, you may get something based on the research I have done. It may not be 100% accurate if it is a BFN.

Ladies, I have been so busy at work that I could not post before.

Dazed, I am so sorry about your chemical. These are tough times and it is hard to remain hopeful. But there is always hope. Take the time you need to grieve this devastating loss and then you can start thinking about what to do next. Sadly it is not uncommun for the first IVF to fail. :hugs:

Pinkie, spotting this early? How can it be AF? Are you using progesteron in oil? I think a test should be pretty accurate by now, but you could also get a flase negative. I am hoping this is implantation spotting!

L4, my non-expert opinion tells me that you did pretty well!. Having frosties is not that common and yours are good quality. If they make it to freeze they are good! Grading is not that important and as Krissy said very subjective.

Krissy, congratualtions on your official FET day. Exciting :happydance:

222 I hope you got good news yesterday.

AFM, my scan went well. :happydance: I am still in disbilief. I have been disappointed so many times in the past that I am having a hard time processing it. The baby measured 6w4d with a HB of 125 b/m . I know it si very early on, but my RE said that everything looks great and that after seeing the HB chances of miscarrying are very low. Morever I know that baby is PGS normal, so I am getting more and more confident every day.

MrsL - My dr said for my age at my first IVF, 36, that she was happy to see what I got. She did think I was under stimmed and felt I could have made more eggs. Bottom line is I got 50% to blast. I think you are okay. You got some frosties which is not easy to do.

Dazed - I know this is a tough decision and a very personal one. I took a long time off to deal with my failed IVF. I just couldn't handle it. If you feel you need time then don't rush into another cycle. On another note, I did a ton of research after my failed IVF and found that your first IVF many times, is a discovery procedure for the dr. They want to see how you perform with the meds, what your eggs do, how the eggs interact with the sperm, etc....if you happen to get pregnant on the first try then great, but most don't. The second cycle is the when they usually adjust meds and maybe change protocol. I don't know if that helps....actually I am sure it doesn't. I just felt like you should know. Again, I am so sorry.

EAB - whoop whoop

Pinkie - spotting could implantation bleeding...esp if it is brown/old blood. I will keep my fingers crossed that is what it might be.

Baby117, your advice to Dazed was put beautifully and spot on.

Eab, such wonderful news hun. I can't imagine how relieved you must be after so many disappointments. I am glad you have found someone who has made this happen for you. I hope you continue to build your confidence and start enjoying your pregnancy. :hugs:

AFM, I have no idea what is going on. It feels very similar to my usual AF and my previous failed cycles. I am inserting progesterone pessaries twice a day which would usually keep the AF away? I have never started bleeding these early on but I feel its too late for implantation bleeding? I've had a little melt down this evening and feel a lot better for it. I am going to test in the morning :wacko:

alright y'all made me feel a lot better about our two frosties! thank you for all that info (esp krissy - i didn't know those numbers)

gotta be thankful for what we have, right!?

Pinkie - it's horrible purgatory. I dunno either but you aren't out yet! I can understand planning for the worst buy hoping for the best. I will hope for you ,okay?

pinkie - i have no idea either. we didn't really discuss what would happen if this cycle didn't work, and when do expect your period and whatnot. i would think the progesterone would hold things off?

I've been having very very mild cramps randomly....who knows.....

fingers crossed for you

So, I done a test this morning there is the faintest of faintest second line. At first I couldn't see, was convinced it was negative. The OH checked and was adamant there is something there (and points out he has 20/20 vision). Its given me a little hope back.

I am still spotting slightly but its brown (TMI sorry) and I am wondering whether its a mixture of blood and the dissolved pessaries which is making it feel more than it is. My body is really playing tricks on me during this cycle :wacko:

My OH has banded me from doing another test now until Sunday, he has given me strict instructions to rest, stay calm and positive. What will be on Sunday will be.

I know your right TTC. My issue isn't really the failed cycle. If it failed, I would have preferred it only failed IYKWIM. A chemical still feels like a loss and I just didn't need another one under my belt. I would have rather been given no hope than any hope.

Sorry to bring things down.

Pinkie - glad your found your PMA again in doing a test. A faint line this early is good!

Pinkie, a faint line!!!!! Your little one is probably a late implanter! When is your OTD again? I could never hold off until Sunday.... I have lots of hope for you.

Dazed, a loss is devastating, I get what you mean about rather having a failed cycle. It is so hard to feel hopeful again and to find the strength to move forward at the moment. You and your DH are in my thoughts. Once you feel ready, you can think of your next steps. I know it is hard to believe it right now, but there is still hope. Do you have any other issue besides your tubes? :hugs::hugs:

Not that I am aware. I am going to request steroids though. I now it sounds silly, but the moment I started the estrodil patches and the progesterone I got a severe case of eczema. I have always suffered around weather changes and sometimes hormones, but his is the worst I have ever had and places I never had it. It's eased up considerably since stopping the hormones.

EAB - Soooo awesome :D Congrats on the heartbeat - so glad you're finally starting to get a reprieve from all the stress and anxiety as well.

Pinkie - Not all bleeding in early pregnancy is directly from implantation. As things start to grow and expand in there after implantation old blood can get disloged (this all can cause AF like cramping too). So definitely don't count yourself out yet, especially not with that faint line!! FXed :dust:

So, I done a test this morning there is the faintest of faintest second line. At first I couldn't see, was convinced it was negative. The OH checked and was adamant there is something there (and points out he has 20/20 vision). Its given me a little hope back.

I am still spotting slightly but its brown (TMI sorry) and I am wondering whether its a mixture of blood and the dissolved pessaries which is making it feel more than it is. My body is really playing tricks on me during this cycle :wacko:

My OH has banded me from doing another test now until Sunday, he has given me strict instructions to rest, stay calm and positive. What will be on Sunday will be.

OMG a line is a line my friend! Lets hold on to that until Sunday. Your OH is a wise man :flower:

I know your right TTC. My issue isn't really the failed cycle. If it failed, I would have preferred it only failed IYKWIM. A chemical still feels like a loss and I just didn't need another one under my belt. I would have rather been given no hope than any hope.

Sorry to bring things down.

Pinkie - glad your found your PMA again in doing a test. A faint line this early is good!
Of course you don't bring us down, this is what we are here for. I totally get it. A loss is a loss you are absolutely right. Treat it as such and mourn hun. It is horrible and tragic, and it is okay to be upset. I think you asking about the steroids might help though. It is worth a shot!

Pinkie- I hope that line gets darker!!

Dazed - agree with everyone's comments. It's a devastating loss, esp when you get a spark of hope. I think talking to them ab what could change the next time may help you decide what is best for y'all. Whether it's trying again, giving it a break for a few months, or something else..... Take your time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->