Starting 2nd ivf cycle April/May

Krissy, congratulations! Your story gives me hope! I am stimming now but I do not have many follies growing at all. Why are you doing a FET?

Eab - My clinic prefers to do FETs because it basically eliminates any risk of late OHSS. Plus if we had had more embies, we were going to do PGS, so that needed time as well. If we had a crystal ball and knew what the final outcome was going to be (I didn't stim that much and didn't have enough embies for PGS) I probably could have been a candidate for fresh, but that's alright.

Krissy, way to go with those embies :happydance: 2 blasts is perfect. congratulations hun x

L4, if everything goes to plan I should be stimming on 21st May and I usually stim for 14 days so I'll probably be on track with you. Good luck with your transfer trail, hopefully with all your dramas the doctor should have the knack of it by now. I will be having mine while I am under the general so thankfully I don't have to sit through that again, getting a little bored of people prodding around with my private ladies parts (not that its feels very private these days).

Thanks for all the kind words ladies, I am feeling better about everything now, just looking forward to getting started tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing ok. :flower:

hello ladies,

a quick update.Today I went for another scan. There is progress, so we won't cancel the cycle. Still not many follies and growing a bit slowly. I am trying to stay hopeful. In the end last cycle they retrieved 12 eggs but only 3 fertilized. I should trigger Monday or Tuesday eve. I cannot wait as I am on very high doses and it is taking a toll. I am not expecting more than 2-4 mature eggs, so I will be thrilled if it is more than that :)

Pinkie, you have officially started your cycle. Excting!

L4, great to hear you have a plan already!

Hello to everybody else!
Have a great weekend everybody! :hugs:

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I spent a long weekend at my sisters, it was lovely and took my mind off everything. I even had to set an alarm to do my injections because I kept forgetting about it. On day 5 now and already have a bruised belly!

Eab, really pleased to hear you are still on track. Anymore news on the trigger? Are you doing it tonight or tomorrow?

Hope you are all getting on ok with your meds.

:flower:

Sorry about the bruised belly Pinkie! I've gotten two bruises and I'm still only on Lupron!

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned it on here, but I am actually going through this with my sister, who started stimming yesterday. She has me a bit anxious because she said her Menopur burned! Not looking forward to it!

Sorry about the bruised belly Pinkie! I've gotten two bruises and I'm still only on Lupron!

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned it on here, but I am actually going through this with my sister, who started stimming yesterday. She has me a bit anxious because she said her Menopur burned! Not looking forward to it!

Wow really?? How crazy is that. I am sorry to hear your sister also struggles with fertility. Its lovely that you get to support each other. I really hope this works for both of you, it would be amazing for you to continue this journey together.

I use Menopur and I never had any problems with it, for me there is no difference so I wouldn't worry too much. I find injecting slowly works better for me.

Dazed, I never had any issue with menopur. Yeah sometimes I was feeling it but nothing unbearable. Wow, you and your sister going throgh this together.... Best wishes to you both!

Pinkie, glad you had a nice weekend. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I hope everything goes smoothly. Sorry about the bruised belly :(

Here is my update. My appointment went better than I expected. Finally after 14 days of stimming I am ready for my trigger shot which is going to happen in about an hour. So ER scheduled for Wed morning. This protocol was really long and I am happy I am finally done with stimming.... Hopefully this time round it is quality vs quantity. I have 6-7 follies of similar size. Not much, but better than nothing. Hopefully they all give mature eggs and they all fertilize. I would be so grateful if I get one viable embryo! I am feeling way more optimistic than just a week ago, when only three follies appeared on the scan. Honestly I am kind of afraid to feel optimistic, scared of disappointment....I know the days after ER will be hard!

Hello to everybody else!

Good luck eabwhab! Here's hoping for some great quality eggs!

Yeah, it is nice to have someone to go through this with. Neither of us could do this without my parents, who are funding us both! They offered it to us last monther's day. She was doing investigations at the time. I decided to lose more weight before moving on and I think she was more scared to move on at the time. She doesn't have an issue though. Her DH has some problem with his sperm not making it through, so they had to have a testicular biopsy to get his boys out!

Stims and stim training Thursday! Glad to hear it's not always bad for everyone. I am concerned now though because I haven't started a proper period. Its so light I didn't even bother with a tampon this morning and am just going to stick with a pad. I

Eab, I usually stim for 14 days and have no doubt I will on this cycle too, so feel your pain but its almost done now. Good luck with the egg collection, hoping you get some good healthy embryos. Remember its quality over quantity :hugs: let us know how you get on.

Dazed, sounds like you have wonderful parents and a very supportive family. Good luck with the stimming tomorrow, honestly its not that bad and you will be fine.

AFM, I had my minor op today and it all went fine. The blockage was tissue which they have now cleared and the endometrial scratch was also done. Everything was fine and I carry on with my ivf cycle as normal. I have no idea how much of these drugs they pumped in me but I am feeling dreadful, like a terrible hangover and so tired. I have slept most of the day so I am just trying to stay away for a few hours before going back to bed so I sleep through the night. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is getting on well. BabyD, how are you doing?

Yay Pinkie! Glad it's all done and your back on track.

Got my shipment of meds tonight!

Tomorrow I have my appt for mock transfer, blood work, and to go over my medication schedule with the nurse. I am ready to hear the plan! I am super curious on the dosages as I have a fear of understimming. I always responded well to clomid during IUI, 50mg...so I am hoping I am not given baby doses for these meds.......I want enough mature eggs to fertilize and hopefully freeze!!

My rx said 75 menopur and 150 gonal f.....also got crinone and trigger shot...then some pills too, and abx for transfer.

:wohoo: Cant believe I will start lupron Friday!

Good afternoon ladies! My appt went welll. My ovaries are nice and "quiet" and my lining is good. I call the private line tonight about my meds. I just assumed I would start today since they call it my stim appt.
The clinic was backed up because the doc was stuck in surgery. My sister had her first ultrasound since she started stimming, so I got to see her since appts were backed up. I am sad to report though that she has canceled her cycle :cry:. She has 6 follies after 4 days of stims. Doc doesn't have much hope she will produce anymore good ones so gave her the option of canceling. She is going to try again in July on a higher dosage.

Sry to her ab your sister's cancelled cycle
Six doesn't seem like that little at four days.... What number are they looking for? I start Lupron tmw so I am still learning!

I'm waiting in the exam room after chugging water .... Bladder wasn't full enough to do the trial transfer.... Hoping it kicks in soon!

I don't know what they are looking for!

Good luck with the trial. I through I would do mine today but it turns out they did it when I had my saline-sonogram.

Pinkie, glad to hear your procedure was smooth this time. So I guess you are now officially ready!! You should soon start stimming right? Or have you started already?

Dazed, sorry to hear about your sister. The number of follicles did not seem that low to be so early but I am sure that depends on age as well. I am sure your RE knows she can do better. So when are you starting stimming?

L4 are you doing a short protocol? When are you starting stimming?

AFM: I had my ER yesterday. It went smoothly. 7 eggs, but I doubted they were all going to be mature. Still better than the way I started with only 3 follies growing :) DF and I had to decide about ICSI. He has no issues, but this new clinic does ICSI on everybody. The thing is, on our first VIF, out of 7 matures eggs, they did ICSI on 3 and none fertilized, and IVF on the remaining 4, 3 of them fertilized. RE said it was not because of the ICSI but egg quality.... So we did not know what to do with such small number of eggs. We did split again but majority ICSI (5) and the rest(2) conventional. The head embryologist assured they have excellent fertilization rate.

Well today I got the dreading call from the embryologist. I was soooo tense. Well, this time it was the opposite. 4 of the 5 done with ICSI fertilized!!!! YAY!!! none of the conventional :(
Life is strange. We were so reluctant about ICSI, since last time none of them took, but fortunately we split 5-2. Well, now we know it was not the ICSI. So overall I am ok, I was fearing to have only 1-2 fertilized. So that is better than I thought!
Next update on saturday. It seems forever...

Hi Ladies, hope you're all well. This is only a quick one from me because I am rushing out soon for a hen weekend. I could do without it to be honest, its a weekend full of drinking and clubbing which one, is not my idea of fun anymore and two I will have to fake drinking! Oh well, I am sure it will be fun watching everyone else make fools of themselves and I am hoping they will be too drunk to notice me sneaking off early to bed.

L4, good luck with starting Lupron today hope your first injection goes well.

Dazed, I am sorry to hear you're sister had to cancel. I am surprised they asked that too but as Eab said, I am sure they know what they are doing. Hopefully it wont be too long before she can start again with a different protocol to get a better response. Pleased to hear things are on track with you, hopefully you can start stims soon.

Eab - Congratulations hun. Great fertilisation rate :happydance: please let them continue to divide. This is definitely going to be a long 24 hours for you. Lets hope you get a top grader and some embies to freeze, whoop!

Things seem to be on track for me, I can feel the AF is about to show her face and my baseline scan is booked for Thursday when hopefully I will start stimming.

Have a great weekend ladies, I hope to read some good news on here when I am back in a couple of days.

Stims tonight!

They are switching my sis's protocol and removing the Lupron and upping the stims.

I'm scared I'm going to have the same problem. I know we are different people, but its just a fear in the back of my mind.

Eab - glad you got a better fertilization report than you thought you would! Grow embies grow :dust:

Eab - Yay!!! Grats on the AWESOME fertilization rate!! Now grow embies grow!

BTW - question for all you ladies. How important is the grading? Does a good grade mean a definite sticky? Or is there still a lot of room for things to go wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->