• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Starting 2nd ivf cycle April/May

MrsL - Don't be concerned if you don't get a proper period. I (and my sister) only had spotting and mine only lasted 3days. They told me its normal since I had a period before starting BCP's and there wasn't really a lining to shed.

Pinkie, Fxed to you! Did they change your protocol? Did you get immune testing done as I see you are taking steroids.

I changed my protocol after the first cycle to the 'Flare' but had a better response the first time so doing the long one again. I didn't get the immune testing (my hospital doesn't do it so I would have to go to another clinic) but my doctor said because I've had two failed cycles with good embryos to take the steroids and clexane injections anyway. Fingers crossed this is what is going to make it happen for us, providing we get a good grade embryo again.

:flower:

Yes Fxed that this will help that lil embie stick!

Hi Ladies, quick update from me.

Had my first baseline scan today, everything is quiet and my lining is thin so started my stimming today. Another scan next Friday to hopefully see a nice number of follies.

Awesome you can get started. Cant wait to hear about your BFP!

AFM:
I ended up having PGS done on 3 embryos. One was behind, two were top quality blastos. One of the two came back genetically normal!! I am happy considering the few eggs I got fertilized and my age (39). I had my ET on day 6 . The blasto had already hatched out completely. I hope this works, but the doctor reminded me that there is no guarantee. Only 40% chance. :( . My blood test is scheduled in a week, but I am pretty sure I am going to POAS before then.

Hello to everybody else !

If you don't mind me asking, what was your total number retrieved? Fxed you get that glimmering BFP from your one strong Embie.

Glad your lining is thin and ready to stim Pinkie. :)

AFM - I had awful cramps last night/early hrs of morning from the progesterone. I forget how awful the side effects can sometimes be. They will thaw our last two blastocysts tomorrow and call to say if they can be transferred. It's nervewracking. I don't know how I will feel if they don't survive the thaw.

Hope everyone else is okay x x

Sorry to hear you're having side effects with the progesterone, doesn't sound very nice. How did your little blasts get on today? I have been thinking about you, I am sure they are just perfect :)

Eab - Congratulations on being PUPO, fabulous embies. Well done you. I will look forward to hearing about your BFP next week.

Dazed, nice number of follies how did your scan go today? Are you in for EC Sunday?

BabyD, hope you have some good news?

Krissy, great news on the grade, well done. Hope the FET comes around quickly for you.

MrsL4, hope the AF has shown her ugly face?

Nothing to report from me, day 2 of stimming and everything is going fine. I have my sister and her family coming to stay this weekend so that's going to keep me busy and my mind on other things.

Hope you're all doing ok and have a great weekend.

Hey, we transferred our last two blastocysts yesterday. Still in the process of expanding at transfer and ok grades - not brilliant, but we knew they were the least quality out of the 5 we had.

All we can do is hope one sticks x

Hey, we transferred our last two blastocysts yesterday. Still in the process of expanding at transfer and ok grades - not brilliant, but we knew they were the least quality out of the 5 we had.

All we can do is hope one sticks x

PUPO!! Yey Congratulations BabyD I am so pleased for you. Lots of sticky baby dust. When is your test date?

wishing you the best, baby dance!

finally started a normal period - thank goodness - i hate spotting more than anything, id rather just get it over with!

how important is it to take your shots at the same time of day? i know about the trigger shot (I've done that for all 3 IUIs) - but they didn't really discuss the importance of taking lupron, gonal f, menopur at the same time. any advice?

have my ultrasound next week before i start stims, love checking off those injections each night!

Thanks ladies. I'm 3dp5dt (8DPO) and not feeling anything. Not even any effects from progesterone. It's hard to keep positive when this is your 4th round and you know your body inside and out.... ugh. I have a feeling we will be moving to the Lister Clinic in London.

Hope you're all well? x

BabyD, stay positive and don't give up hope. I have a good feeling about this cycle for you. You don't need any symptoms for this to be successful. Send lots of positive vibes through your body and stay strong. Keep us updated. :hugs:

MrsL4, glad to hear the AF finally showed up and you can move onto your next stages. I have been told its important to do the injections around the same time each day. It doesn't matter what time of day it is but as long as you're consistent. Hope they are going ok.

Hope everyone else is getting on well and had a good weekend.

Good morning ladies!

Well, retrieval was yesterday. It went well, but I am sore! I think they manipulated me a bit while I was out because I seemed to have pulled a hamstring?! I haven't worked out in 2 day's prior.

So numbers...... they retrieved 9 eggs. Of those 9, 6 were mature and.... 3 fertilized. The other 3 are seeing some development, but I won't know more until this afternoon. I'm sad there weren't more, but I have to remind myself that I still had some fertilize and it was conventional IVF, not ICSI. Doesn't kill the pain TBH.

So Saturday was my trigger shot. I'm only mentioning it because we went to a baseball game with some in-laws. They don't know we are doing this, which is why if you have me on facebook, I asked for thoughts/prayers with no explaination. Anyways... because I feared the game would last long, I packed up an icepack and my ovidrel and went to the game. Glad I did because I had to give it to myself in the bathroom since it is time sensitive. I was 15minutes late, but I don't think it matters.

DH performed beautifully. I was scared he may have issues, but the lab guy said all was good and he could be a donor if he wanted. I am assuming that his weight loss has helped his numbers since he was good before, but just normal good.

Thinking of you dazed!

It only takes one.... I know it's hard not to feel let down though, especially you expect/hope for a certain number. Prayers that those little eggies grow and grow!!

Well.... it's back in for monitoring tomorrow. CD 22 after an ER cycle, with no signs of ovulation. The nurse said it's "not exactly what they'd expect to see" but I'm guessing it might just be an anovulatory cycle after being cleaned out for the ER... and maybe they'll just put me on meds to move things along... and hopefully those meds don't mean I need another down cycle before the transfer.

Gosh Dazed, you were brave taking your trigger shot at a basketball game lol. Don't worry about the slight delay it wouldn't have made any difference. I was told 15 mins before or upto 15 mins after my given time was ok. Congratulations on your embies, try stay positive about the ones that have fertilized, remember quality over quantity. I hope you get some more good news from your follow up call, let us know how you get on. Good luck :hugs:

Krissy, sorry to hear you are still waiting I hope the monitoring appointment goes well tomorrow.

Thanks Ladies.

The other 3 stopped developing, so the final count stands at 3.

Krissy- sorry things are moving along better for you.

pinkie- how are things with you?

How are you doing MrsL?

hello Ladies,

wow I have missed so much!

BabyD congrats on being PUPO. Dont worry about not feeling anything. I think most women dont. It does not mean anything. Are you planning to POAS before your beta is due?

Pinkie, how are you dear? How is stimming going? Which day are you at?

Dazed, I am sorry you feel disappointed. I also had only 3 eggs fertilized on my first IVF and got pregnant. I later miscarried but I think it was because of immune system issues. This time I only had 4 but I ended up with a HCG nomral blasto. So numbers do not matter that much. As Pinkie said, QUALITY is all that matters! I know it is hard not to get disappointed but please keep the faith.

Krissy, I hope things move along as they should and you are ready for FET soon. Keep us posted.

MrsL, how is it going? Getting used to the shots?

AFM, my beta is almost due on May 28. I am hoping for good news. I got some positives on FRER but I am scared it is the trigger shot. They have gotten a bit darker but not so obviously, so I really do not feel confident. I wish I could relax but I just cant. This second IVF cycle has been really hard on me. I will keep you posted.

so far, so good!

had my baseline ultrasound and estrogen level today after a week of lupron (plus bcp before then) -- estrogen was 27 and lining looked good, no cysts.....so start the stim drugs on friday!

after my scan today, i was so excited to be starting that i actually had butterflies!

i have felt more and more "at peace" as we get further along in the process......i am just ready to know if we get pregnant, and if not, how come (hopefully some light would be shed....since we are totally unexplained). and if we can't, i can move on to other alternatives with an open heart.

i honestly think all the injections are the easy part......i look forward to them each night because it means i am one step closer (weird i know).....and at least during the injections, you are "doing" something --- as opposed to the two week wait!

already got some bruises but i have found if i pinch my own skin lightly, before i inject, that it helps a lot.....sometimes i barely feel the needle!

Eab - Try to keep positive thoughts. I know it's hard, but you have some positive tests that you see are getting darker.

MrsL - Estrogen looks good! I know what you mean about being at peace and actually doing something. I held my pinches tight and it kept the burning of the Menopur at bay. It also helped to go SLOW as others have said.

I know that it is quality over quantity that matters, but a girl could dream.

Question for FET ladies. What do you guys think about natural vs. medicated FET cycles?
Basically, there's a good chance I'm completely down-regulated from the stim cycle, so it'll potentially be a very very long and/or anovulatory cycle. So - I can either wait it out and go with a natural cycle whenever the timing works out. Or I can go ahead and start up on BCP tomorrow, and work into a medicated FET. Are there any real cons to going medicated over natural? What have other ladies done?

:) And again I apologize for the repetition of this post across different threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->