Starting Atkins so whats what?

kate1984

Expecting a Princess
Reaction score
I am 15 stone excactly and had m little one 5 months ago, i am used to being a size 12 and am now a 16/18 and really angry at myself for getting this big. I have no self confidence now, sex is virtually non-existant and when we do i want it over asap and keep a nighty on!

I am starting the atkins diet but would like some sucess stories, i know i cant have carbs but lots of protein... so fish, meat, etc right?

is there any veg that i can eat without adding carbs into my diet. Im going to ibiza in may and really want to wear a bikini instead of my huge one piece.

Hi there,
My LO is 5 months old too :)
I hope you don't mind me saying, but I wouldn't really reccomend Atkins. You could literally cut out any of the food groups and you would lose weight, but it wouldn't be very healthy. Obviously, carbs are really important for energy (which we definitely need with 5 month old babies! Ha ha).
Atkins has quite a few side effects too (including bad breath and hair loss).
I hope you don't mind me saying.
If you do still want to do Atkins, it may be worth seeing if there us a website that tells you how to do it properly. I'm pretty sure there are more rules than just cutting carbs out.
Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
xx

Im following slimming world with lots of other girls on the forum, Its briliant you eat well and still lose weight. Take a look at how it works then make a decision - It doesnt sound like ATkins diet is easy to maintain. x

There's hardly any carbs in most vegetables. Steamed broccoli, kale, asparagus, all dark leafy greens with volume will help fill you. Remember that low carb diets like Atkins, Keto, Paleo, will drop water weight quickly but come back after. If you read "The Ketogenic Diet" by Lyle McDonald, it's a pretty good way to go about it, and it's quite science-based, it is not a fad diet.

im on the atkins diet. they want you to get between 12 -15 carbs from vegetables daily. I usually have brocolli or corn.

I'm on atkins and I love it! Go to the atkins website and have a good read about each phase - they also have a list of acceptable foods for you to pick out what veg you can and can't have. It's fabulous - I feel energised, and I feel so much better already.

Not many girls do atkins on here, so if you like you can PM me for advice & things. I'm only a beginner myself though! I'm starting week 2 of my induction phase tomorrow :)

I'm on atkins and I love it! Go to the atkins website and have a good read about each phase - they also have a list of acceptable foods for you to pick out what veg you can and can't have. It's fabulous - I feel energised, and I feel so much better already.

Not many girls do atkins on here, so if you like you can PM me for advice & things. I'm only a beginner myself though! I'm starting week 2 of my induction phase tomorrow :)

just out of curiosity how much have you lost so far? I have been reading up, got he book etc before i decided to commit or not.

now today is day 3 and the scales said 14 stone 2! i cant have lost nearly a stone in 2 days surely? i mean i feel great have eaten the veg , taken my mulit-vit and a extra vit c and drank lots of water but im a bit worried about it coming off too quickly and making me ill???

just out of curiosity how much have you lost so far? I have been reading up, got he book etc before i decided to commit or not.

now today is day 3 and the scales said 14 stone 2! i cant have lost nearly a stone in 2 days surely? i mean i feel great have eaten the veg , taken my mulit-vit and a extra vit c and drank lots of water but im a bit worried about it coming off too quickly and making me ill???

When you dramatically drop your carb intake, there is always a big water weight loss, which can be quite a bit if you are 200+lbs. It's expected. Just stick with it because your losses will certainly slow down after the next week or two. Good luck!

You may find this forum helpful:
https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/

I love Atkins it is my go to diet, atkins bulletin board is a great site for support and you can read success stories too.

if you like the atkins try dukan i think it is a fab dite and pluss because you have oat bran every day you dnt feel like you are eating meat all the time and it is not full of unhelthy fats.

Hiya im on atkins and have found it OKAY ish so far i started at 11stone 9 and im now 11 2 1 week 3 days later which to me is not dramatic at all and ive been very strict with it also. :/ will still be carrying on though as i have seen a change in my body shape which i love and my clothes fit better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->