Starting clomid this month

I'm on CD18 today, first cycle of Clomid days 2-6. Had a scan last week which showed the lining was 1.9mm, anything less than 5mm is low. Had another scan today which shows it is now 7.4mm which is amazing. I also have a 19mm and 14mm follicle - last week they were tiny.

Maybe there is hope afterall!

Luckily no side effects at all on Clomid.

It really is amazing how things can change so quickly - try not to dispair!
xx

That's amazing :thumbup:
What day did you have your first scan? I've got mine on Friday which will be CD12, don't know what to expect. Thank you for posting this, most helpful. Did they say today when your likely to ovulate?
Good Luck xxx

CD 24 for me now. I know it's late for ovulation on Clomid, so if I ovulate, it might not have anything to do with the Clomid, but... I think my body might finally be ready to ovulate! Today was the first day all month I've had two lines show up on my OPK. All month I've always had a dark control line, but NO test line. Today I have a fat and dark test line (but not as dark as the control). Anyway I'm really hoping it's a good sign and I just wanted to share!

Hi Lady Luck12, my first scan was CD 12 so I wasn't expecting much to change in 6 days! If it's not great, don't despair. As mine has shot up to 19mm - doesn't mean I'll ovulate as it's CD18 today and I haven't yet but closer than i was last week! Blood test next monday (CD25) to see if I have ovulated. She said it could be any day.....so I need to get on the case ;o) Good luck for Friday, go in with an open mind!
xx

Yeaaaaaaa on cd30 Ifinally got my positive ovulation test today as well! And boy do I have tons of cm!! I hope that is a good sign. I told my husband to hurry up and finish what he needed to do and get in bed! For some reason he got rather excited when I told him because usually he is the one to make "the move". Lol!

Yeaaaaaaa on cd30 Ifinally got my positive ovulation test today as well! And boy do I have tons of cm!! I hope that is a good sign. I told my husband to hurry up and finish what he needed to do and get in bed! For some reason he got rather excited when I told him because usually he is the one to make "the move". Lol!

How long are your cycles normally? It seems that most women ovulate later on Clomid, even though it says that Clomid can make you ovulate sooner... Weird... My first cycle with Clomid was 23 days, and I didn't O. Right now is CD 10, and I am hoping to O this time... Although it would be nice to O on CD 18 or later due to the family trip we have this weekend...

How long are your cycles normally? It seems that most women ovulate later on Clomid, even though it says that Clomid can make you ovulate sooner... Weird... My first cycle with Clomid was 23 days, and I didn't O. Right now is CD 10, and I am hoping to O this time... Although it would be nice to O on CD 18 or later due to the family trip we have this weekend...

Usually mine are roughly 30 to 35 days. I was expecting af any day now because my blood test at my dr said I wasn't even close to ovulating at cd 23. So I stopped opks and was told to just do provera starting on Friday of this week. Looks like I will be in ttw instead! Guess for whatever reason my body decided to do its job! Better late than never. I got my positive opk and dtd about 3 hrs later so I hope I got to the egg in time!

Usually mine are roughly 30 to 35 days. I was expecting af any day now because my blood test at my dr said I wasn't even close to ovulating at cd 23. So I stopped opks and was told to just do provera starting on Friday of this week. Looks like I will be in ttw instead! Guess for whatever reason my body decided to do its job! Better late than never. I got my positive opk and dtd about 3 hrs later so I hope I got to the egg in time!

OH GOOD! Good luck to you! Keep us updated!

Thanks for the reply LadyLuck glad I'm not the only one on it for this reason :) my doc said days 5-9 but honestly I really don't think he would of known anything about which days does what! He just said to start on 50 days 5-9 and if my lp doesn't lengthen then to double to 100mg next month on days 5-9 and keep going until it changes! Are you worried about the chance of multiples at all? my doc said he's never seen it happen but I'm a bit worried seeing as I already ovulate that maybe it will cause more than one to drop!!

Thanks for the reply LadyLuck glad I'm not the only one on it for this reason :) my doc said days 5-9 but honestly I really don't think he would of known anything about which days does what! He just said to start on 50 days 5-9 and if my lp doesn't lengthen then to double to 100mg next month on days 5-9 and keep going until it changes! Are you worried about the chance of multiples at all? my doc said he's never seen it happen but I'm a bit worried seeing as I already ovulate that maybe it will cause more than one to drop!!

I wouldn't mind twins to be honest, as there is twins in the family anyway, so higher risk anyway. having said that, I was concerned last month as I wasn't scanned, so the not knowing was worse....so glad I'm being scanned this month.
I think my consultant put me on clomid to be SEEN to be doing SOMETHING?
It may be we're catching the egg but it's just not sticking.
I'll let you know what happens in the scan on Friday hun.
Have you started your clomid yet? Good Luck xxx

Hi ladies! Just checking in to see how everyone was doing.

I had a scan on CD10 (which I thought was too early) and there was only two follies 8-9mm. Another scan on CD14 showed one follie at 13.1mm and a lining of 5. This was kind of a bummer because the last cycle at this dose I had a 14mm follie on CD12 and a lining of 6.5.

I go back for another scan on Thursday (CD17), keeping my fingers and toes X'd that there's a mature follie. I'm hoping to have the trigger before I go on a business trip Sunday for 4 days (perfect timing :?)

Also I've noticed in the past two days tons of EWCM! So weird because I thought Clomid dried you up. Last cycle I took mucinex so I never figured out what my CM was like on it's own. Here's to hoping that it's a good sign (bigger follie makes more estrogen, which makes more EWCM, right? I'm grasping at straws... :shrug:)

Glad to see many of you have an O in your near future!!!

The WEIRDEST thing happened to me today (ok, maybe not weirdest, but I am soooo confused...). Today is CD11, the day my OB told me to start taking my OPKs after my Clomid (days 5-9). So, last night I felt some pain on my right side near where my ovaries would be, I thought it might be ovulation pain, but it was only CD 10, too early. Well, this morning I took my first OPK of the cycle and this is what I saw... The test line is a little lighter than the control line (if you can see in the picture the test line is darker on one side...) but dark enough to not be what I expected. Do you think I could have gotten my LH surge on CD 10? I am testing again at 5:00pm to see what I get, but this is SO curious!

Attachments

• 2012-07-10_08-45-09_45.jpg
    2012-07-10_08-45-09_45.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 10
Fluffy that looks promising!! I would guess you are getting ready to ovulate. I have felt some twinges in my abdomen as well, but my cm isn't quite to fertile yet. Even though we are dtd every other day :)

Good luck to all getting ready to ovulate or test!!

I would guess you are gearing up to ovulate as well. I was doing 2 opks a day this cycle bc I didn't know what go expect with this clomid. We dtd every other day starting at day 7 thru day 17

I wouldn't mind twins to be honest, as there is twins in the family anyway, so higher risk anyway. having said that, I was concerned last month as I wasn't scanned, so the not knowing was worse....so glad I'm being scanned this month.
I think my consultant put me on clomid to be SEEN to be doing SOMETHING?
It may be we're catching the egg but it's just not sticking.
I'll let you know what happens in the scan on Friday hun.
Have you started your clomid yet? Good Luck xxx

thanks hun and wishing you heaps of goodluck for your scan definitely keep us updated :) I missed this month so can't start it for another couple of weeks yet, I'm getting sooo impatient lol! Yeah I think my doc was the same, he said we could be conceiving as such but its not having enough time to implant. Fingers crossed for the both of us!
With the twins thing my doc isn't monitoring me at all he just said keep going til you get pregnant so thats a bit of a worry but I think there was only one set of twins in my family and that was a couple of generations ago so I think my chance will only be small. I guess what happens happens we will just have to go with it :)

Well ladies, I just took my second OPK and it was SOOOO negative! I wonder if the Clomid caused me to have a false positive since I took the morning test roughly 36 hours after my last dose... Oh well, looks like there is more 'waiting to see' ahead of me.

Fluffy that is so strange! I'm interested in seeing how the rest of your cycle goes. almost makes me wonder if you are right abt the clomid giving a false positive. I quit using opks at day 13 cause I didn't have enough strips. Ugh. But I know I ovulated on cd15 from the other signs. My Dr isn't doing any testing with this first cycle on clomid but said if we get to the next we will. Did you all have the testing (scans and labs) the first round? And what exactly are they able to tell?

Fluffy that is so strange! I'm interested in seeing how the rest of your cycle goes. almost makes me wonder if you are right abt the clomid giving a false positive. I quit using opks at day 13 cause I didn't have enough strips. Ugh. But I know I ovulated on cd15 from the other signs. My Dr isn't doing any testing with this first cycle on clomid but said if we get to the next we will. Did you all have the testing (scans and labs) the first round? And what exactly are they able to tell?

Me too! I have read that Clomid can give false positives it taken too soon after the last pill because it increases four different types of hormones and one of those is LH, which is what an OPK detects...

I am not getting any testing or monitoring done right now, I didn't O on my first cycle of Clomid so the OB bumped up my dosage for this cycle. My instructions are to come back if I don't O, and if I do O, come back after 4-6 months if I am not pregnant.

Me too! I have read that Clomid can give false positives it taken too soon after the last pill because it increases four different types of hormones and one of those is LH, which is what an OPK detects...

I am not getting any testing or monitoring done right now, I didn't O on my first cycle of Clomid so the OB bumped up my dosage for this cycle. My instructions are to come back if I don't O, and if I do O, come back after 4-6 months if I am not pregnant.

hey fluffy! hows the cycle looking?? did you take another opk today?? if so how did it look??

I havent done any opk's yet this month... they are in the mail from amazon
I have been temping and monitoring my cm and cervix, nothing pointing to fertile just yet :nope:

Hey! Yes, I took another OPK this morning, it looked the SAME as yesterday mornings... Weird... I am taking another after work and will rely more on that one than my morning test. I heard it is better to take them as close to 2:00pm anyway, and my morning ones are at 6:00am. Plus this morning was 2.5 days since my last Clomid pill, and some say to wait three days before testing due to false positives. But, then I wonder why yesterday afternoons was so negative? IDK!!! LOL, the craziness doesn't ever end here!

The WEIRDEST thing happened to me today (ok, maybe not weirdest, but I am soooo confused...). Today is CD11, the day my OB told me to start taking my OPKs after my Clomid (days 5-9). So, last night I felt some pain on my right side near where my ovaries would be, I thought it might be ovulation pain, but it was only CD 10, too early. Well, this morning I took my first OPK of the cycle and this is what I saw... The test line is a little lighter than the control line (if you can see in the picture the test line is darker on one side...) but dark enough to not be what I expected. Do you think I could have gotten my LH surge on CD 10? I am testing again at 5:00pm to see what I get, but this is SO curious!

I've used the brand you show before because you get 20 in a pack right? Anyway whenever I use that kind I always have a test line. The OPK isn't positive for me until the test line is darker than the control.

My experience with the pee on stick (POS) kind is the negatives evaporate to a light test line, but start out white. I think different brands and different batches of OPK can cause varying results. We always have LH in our system, and I think maybe some brands are most sensitive.

I really hope you get a truly positive OPK soon. You deserve it! BD :sex: just in case. I personally have had a BDfest all month just in case.

I've had lots of POS questions before and found this site very helpful: https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->