Starting clomid this month

Hi everyone, I am new to this site, I am on cd 4 and taking 50mg of clomid on cd 3-7. My doctor gave me provera to bring on AF since I rarely get it more then twice a year. I'm really hoping this works on our first round. I go in for my folicle scan next Friday so I hope I get some good news.

:wave: and welcome
How you find clomid, hope side effects aren't too bad.
Good luck with the scan on Friday, keep us all posted xxxxxx

Lady luck- my Dr prescribed me the clomid when I told him we had been trying with no success.

Lady luck- my Dr prescribed me the clomid when I told him we had been trying with no success.

same here priest, how long have you been ttc?
Alot of doctors give clomid for unknown fertility problems. This is my #2 cycle on clomid, into the 2ww stage now.
They should tell you have many follices and thier sizes, also the thickness of your lining. xxxxxx

We have been ttc for 9 months now. My doctor was like "oh you haven't gotten pregnant yet? Take these (clomid) and come back on day 13" he didn't really say much, other than joke around that I might end up with twins. But I did some research before I started taking them. If we get the BFP that Will be baby #2 for us.

I've been wanting to test out my trigger shot, but knew since I got the 10,000 IU dose it would likely take around 10 days.

I caved today and since it was only 7DPO/7DPT I was hoping to see a stark white FRER. No dice - a faint but pink line :dohh:. Waiting till 9DPO to test again (last time I got BFP at 10DPO and was negative at 9DPO)

<----POAS addict here :haha:

How's everyone else been doing?

Hey there! I am a little confused... I noticed watery CM yesterday in my undies (sorry if TMI) but I haven't noticed any at all this cycle, even before or after my LH surge which happened on Sunday. I am either 4-5 DPO and just read that watery CM after O can be a sign of pregnancy... My BBs are tender, and nips swollen enough for my DH to point out yesterday... I HATE HATE HATE symptom spotting, but these two things are SOOO noticeable, but is it too early for symptoms? The eggie probably hasn't even had time ti implant yet (if fertilized) right?

Hey there! I am a little confused... I noticed watery CM yesterday in my undies (sorry if TMI) but I haven't noticed any at all this cycle, even before or after my LH surge which happened on Sunday. I am either 4-5 DPO and just read that watery CM after O can be a sign of pregnancy... My BBs are tender, and nips swollen enough for my DH to point out yesterday... I HATE HATE HATE symptom spotting, but these two things are SOOO noticeable, but is it too early for symptoms? The eggie probably hasn't even had time ti implant yet (if fertilized) right?

Isn't so hard to not symptom spot?! Ughh, I hate it too. The TWW is such a bipolar 2 weeks (sorry, not meaning to offend anyone) - from one moment "yes, I'm definitely pregnant!" to the next "I can't be, it's just not our month :("... it's awful!

You're right. It probably is too early to feel side effects from a pregnancy. The only physical symptom I had with my last BFP was that I felt implantation - intense AF like cramps 7DPO. It seems implantation isn't felt by all though, so don't be discouraged if you don't have them (none so far for me).

This picture really helped me (no, I'm not obsessive Type A or anything :haha:):
https://scienceexploits.blogspot.com/2011/07/development-periods-sperm-and-egg.html

Really any "symptoms" during the two week wait are likely just due to the increase in progesterone. HCG acts on the corpeus luteum to keep producing progesterone. In pregnancy I believe it tops out around 200,000 or so and in the TWW it usually doesn't get higher than the 100s - too little to feel any effects of increased HCG.

Believe me, I know how you feel! Us Clomid ladies wait so long - most of us have to wait weeks to months to just start Clomid, then more weeks just to see if we O, but we can't wait an extra 5-7 days to calm down and see what an HPT says, lol.

Lots of preggo thoughts for all of us, though!!! It's great your having sore bbs and the such - should indicate nice progesterone levels, yay! :dust: :dust:

Wow, thanks a lot for this! I agree, it is so difficult to wait for 5-7 days even after all the waiting we have ALREADY done. You think we would be used to it... I don't think the waiting will ever get easier, maybe even worse as it goes along. Not cool.

FX'd my boobs have me sore for two weeks now and have had watery CM - well i noticed since last week...really hope this is our BFP's :hugs:

I got my hopes up, everything was looking good...14mm and 19mm follie, good lining and good bloods showing I did ovulate so took a test on CD27 to see a BFN...was that too early I wonder....CD29 today and no signs of anything! I must've O'd between CD18 and CD24 so would it be too early...am I too impatient?!! Lol!! Or would've it showed already? The test did say it shows up to 4 days before due date :wacko:

Any ideas?!
x

I got my hopes up, everything was looking good...14mm and 19mm follie, good lining and good bloods showing I did ovulate so took a test on CD27 to see a BFN...was that too early I wonder....CD29 today and no signs of anything! I must've O'd between CD18 and CD24 so would it be too early...am I too impatient?!! Lol!! Or would've it showed already? The test did say it shows up to 4 days before due date :wacko:

Any ideas?!
x

Don't give up :hugs: It probably was just too early

What CD was your follicle scan? Follicles will release the egg in the 20s mm and they grow 1-3mm/day, so whenever your scan day was add on a few days and that should be around the time of O.

Implantation can happen as late as 12 DPO, and in that case you wouldn't get a BFP until AF was due. Is there anyway they can do bloods on you and check your beta levels in the next day or so?

Ahhh thank you!

Follicle scan was CD18 (one at 19mm and one at 14mm) and bloods CD25 - so I must've ov'd somewhere in between. I tested CD27 but don't know if I gave myself enough time! Good to know they release around 20mm as I didn't know that so maybe it was just after the scan.

They haven't mentioned any more bloods - just that I have to start 2nd round of Clomid if BFN. :nope:

Ahhh thank you!

Follicle scan was CD18 (one at 19mm and one at 14mm) and bloods CD25 - so I must've ov'd somewhere in between. I tested CD27 but don't know if I gave myself enough time! Good to know they release around 20mm as I didn't know that so maybe it was just after the scan.

They haven't mentioned any more bloods - just that I have to start 2nd round of Clomid if BFN. :nope:

That sounds promising!

What was your progesterone level on CD 25? If your progesterone levels were already elevated (anything over 15 ng/mL) I think you probably O'd CD19-22. Having progesterone checked less than 7 days post-O will likely catch your progesterone on the way up, so it'd make sense O was at least a few days prior to the blood draw day.

I think testing CD27 was way to early. You probably could start testing CD32 (I'd guess 10-13 DPO). Good luck!

Ahhh thank you!

That sounds promising!

What was your progesterone level on CD 25? If your progesterone levels were already elevated (anything over 15 ng/mL) I think you probably O'd CD19-22. Having progesterone checked less than 7 days post-O will likely catch your progesterone on the way up, so it'd make sense O was at least a few days prior to the blood draw day.

I think testing CD27 was way to early. You probably could start testing CD32 (I'd guess 10-13 DPO). Good luck!

Hi - it was 35.4 on CD25 so that looks quite high then? Ooh fingers crossed no :witch: this weekend then!!!

Hi - it was 35.4 on CD25 so that looks quite high then? Ooh fingers crossed no :witch: this weekend then!!!

That's a beautiful number! I think 15-20 is the minimum they'd like to see for a Clomid cycle. Keeping my FX'd for you as well!

Hi ladies, today is cd40 for me n still no af,so decided to test..surprise surprise...BFP!m stil shocked...FX'D for more bfp's...

Hi ladies, today is cd40 for me n still no af,so decided to test..surprise surprise...BFP!m stil shocked...FX'D for more bfp's...

THAT IS WONDERFUL NEWS!!! OMG I am so happy for you!!! Send some of that lucky dust our way :happydance:. Good luck, and I wish you a H&H 9 months!

Anyone else on Provera to start a period? This is my second round. I have found this med makes me feel horrible. I get horrible mood swings and yell for no reason. For example: "This week a friend of mine told me how upset she was she wasn't pregnant...I flipped out and said you have only been trying one month!!!! (which is true) try waiting 8 to 9 months do provera to induce periods which give horrible cramps then clomid which makes you feel equally as awful then come talk to me about how awful it is you haven't gotten pregnant. Or better yet find out for those 7 months before you went to the dr because you weren't pregnant that you weren't even ovulating but still getting your hopes up because you were thinking you were ovulating!" Then she had the nerve to say Man you see all these little babies all the time sure wants to make you feel like you want another one....UMMM DUH that is why I am going through this because i DO want another one! I said if I got pregnant when I wanted to I would be 7 months pregnant this mont!

Just little things like that where usually I would blow them off but I blew up instead. Or the DH doing something differently than I would...watch out! My DH now asks "have you taken your bitch pills yet"...because they make me mean.

Ok I feel better after a little vent! Sorry guys! Please tell me other people have experienced the same moodyness on these pills!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->