Starting clomid this month

I am sorry Scottky! I didn't O on my first cycle of Clomid either, was this your first round? My OB bumped me up to 150mg and that's what got it...

Well it is official...The friend who came to me 2 months ago asking for advice and for things I have learned over the last 8 months is now pregnant. Before she started she asked me why I was doing ovulation tests so I explained them. I explained the best time to get pregnant along with what the cm should be. 2 months and she sends me a text wit a nice big ole digital test saying pregnant and no other message. She sent it as she was walking up to me to see my reacton. My reaction wasn't happy (I didn't see her coming so I couldn't switch on the OMG YEAAAAA face and voice fast enough and she noticed I was upset). I just said I am glad you didn't have to try for so long to know what I am feeling knowing a friend of mine only tried for 2 months and got pregnant. I am very happy for her but it also hurts. Then she had the ovaries to say "We were pregnant together last time so you better hurry up and get pregnant this cycle so we can be pregnant at the same time again." DUH if i got pregnat when I wanted to I would be 8 months pregnant! I am trying to be a good friend and be happy for her because right now it is all about her happy time...but I am not going to lie I want it to be me. I hate feeling jealous like this but I can't really help it!

This was my first round, and is getting ready to be a year off of bc with no ovulation :( its driving me nuts!!

Nursemommy- I know how you feel, we are keeping our TTC journey a secret, and my sister started trying in November and is due in October, so let's just say I was more than jealous when I found out. She said " well I quit taking my bc and it just happened". Ugh if only it was that easy for me too :/

Seriously! I was talking to a friend the other day who got pregnant her first month off BC. She asked when we are having kids and I said we are trying but having trouble. She then said that it will happen when the Lord wants it to happen and said that she leanred that too. I wonder how she really learned that when she got pregnant so fast! I know that the Lord has His plan for me, but seriously? UGH.

Scottky, I was a year off depo before I ovulated, and it took a high dose of Clomid to get me there! SOOO frustrating! I am really hoping it works for you this time. FX'd

Well it is official...The friend who came to me 2 months ago asking for advice and for things I have learned over the last 8 months is now pregnant. Before she started she asked me why I was doing ovulation tests so I explained them. I explained the best time to get pregnant along with what the cm should be. 2 months and she sends me a text wit a nice big ole digital test saying pregnant and no other message. She sent it as she was walking up to me to see my reacton. My reaction wasn't happy (I didn't see her coming so I couldn't switch on the OMG YEAAAAA face and voice fast enough and she noticed I was upset). I just said I am glad you didn't have to try for so long to know what I am feeling knowing a friend of mine only tried for 2 months and got pregnant. I am very happy for her but it also hurts. Then she had the ovaries to say "We were pregnant together last time so you better hurry up and get pregnant this cycle so we can be pregnant at the same time again." DUH if i got pregnat when I wanted to I would be 8 months pregnant! I am trying to be a good friend and be happy for her because right now it is all about her happy time...but I am not going to lie I want it to be me. I hate feeling jealous like this but I can't really help it!

I do feel for you. My 17 year old niece announced she is pregnant a couple of weeks ago and she's not too thrilled. Plus a close friend who had a baby in December told me she's 6 weeks pregnant again! What hurts is we were both pregnant at the same time last year but I mc and now she'll have 2 while I lost 1! It's hard to put on a brave face and be happy for them but our time will come. x :hugs::hugs::thumbup:

So I know someone mentioned that they had taken metformin... Any side effects? And what time of day did u take it?

I will be starting clomid after af this month (prob within two weeks). My cycles are pretty regular, but doc sent me for day 22 test and my progesterone was 10.5, and said he likes to see them between 15 and 20. I'm nervous and excited. I've been stalking this thread for a little while and it has given me hope. I had a daughter 9 years ago who only lived for a few hours and it has taken this long to decide to try again. I have no children of my own. Like many of you it seems like everyone around me is pregnant and really didn't even have to try.

I will be starting clomid after af this month (prob within two weeks). My cycles are pretty regular, but doc sent me for day 22 test and my progesterone was 10.5, and said he likes to see them between 15 and 20. I'm nervous and excited. I've been stalking this thread for a little while and it has given me hope. I had a daughter 9 years ago who only lived for a few hours and it has taken this long to decide to try again. I have no children of my own. Like many of you it seems like everyone around me is pregnant and really didn't even have to try.

Welcome to the thread!

Yes, Welcome! Glad to have you with us. :)

Hi again ladies, I'm back from about 20 pages ago lol. I took Clomid days 3-7 and didn't have any bad side effects which I was soooo thankful for, if anything I had a feeling of euphoria I guess you could describe it for the first 4 days! do the side effects usually happen whilst you are taking the pills or when you ovulate? Also does anyone know when I should expect ovulation? I am going to start using opks today but considering I dont usually ov until cd21 that's alot of tests and bding lol. Hope someone can give me some insight!

Hi again ladies, I'm back from about 20 pages ago lol. I took Clomid days 3-7 and didn't have any bad side effects which I was soooo thankful for, if anything I had a feeling of euphoria I guess you could describe it for the first 4 days! do the side effects usually happen whilst you are taking the pills or when you ovulate? Also does anyone know when I should expect ovulation? I am going to start using opks today but considering I dont usually ov until cd21 that's alot of tests and bding lol. Hope someone can give me some insight!

I had side effects after ovulation. Super dizzy and nauseous. This month(day 8 now), I've only been tired and a little dizzy one day.
I o'd day 15 last cycle. I'll start testing this cycle on day 10. I'm going for IUI too, so pretty excited to try something new! And hopeful too!

AF visited today. begin first round of clomid 50mg on wed. hope we are successful

Thanks for the reply WC well I'm still waiting for ov so maybe the side effects are still coming! the past two days Ive felt alot of little pulling/twinge type feelings down below so am hoping that my body is gearing up to ov very soon! thats great about the iui! this really could be your month! I am praying this month is finally my turn but its only my first round of clomid so not sure on my chances. Goodluck firechild!

goodluck to you too teresa! Hope the first month is a charm for the both of us!

On CD 14 and having lots of cm and it is starting to turn into ewcm it seems. What day do people generally ovulate on Clomid? Last month I didn't ovulate until day 24 or so. My doctor did up my dose to 100 mg. Hoping for a positive ovulation test tomorrow or wed!!!

Hi Ladies,

I took my clomid before bed at 8pm and had no severe side effects...hope this helps...:hugs: and we get more BFP's on this thread:hugs:

Picked up clomid today. start tomorrow cycle days 5 thru 9. nurse told me to start testing with opks on cycle day 11, and that I should ovulate like cycle day 15 or 16. So excited. I heard that clomid can actually dry up cervical fluid so I ordered preseed. What days are everyone else testing?

Picked up clomid today. start tomorrow cycle days 5 thru 9. nurse told me to start testing with opks on cycle day 11, and that I should ovulate like cycle day 15 or 16. So excited. I heard that clomid can actually dry up cervical fluid so I ordered preseed. What days are everyone else testing?

Hi there - I started testing on CD 13 but that was close as I got my peak on CD 15 so freaked me out a bit!

CD 19 today and looks like I ovulated CD 16 which is weird as last month it was between CD18 and CD25! I've attached my chart so if someone could look at it for me I would really appreciate it as this is the first month I've done this but 2nd month of Clomid.

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Calendar

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"