Starting clomid this month

I start my first round of Clomid in just a few days. We've been TTC for just over a year so I am very excited about trying something new, but worried I'm overly optimistic.

I'm looking for support from others who are dealing with infertility or have dealt with it and perhaps found success in Clomid (or other traditional or nontraditional methods).

(I'm brand new to BnB and this whole forum posting thing, so if I am posting or replying incorrectly and in the wrong spots I apologize.)

Thanks!
Welcome!!! I havent had success on Clomid yet, this is my first cycle and I should see a positive OPK sometime this week (cross your fingers). However, this site is GREAT for support no matter what you are dealing with and we are happy to have you here and in this thread, keep us posted on your progress!!

Scottky- I am trying for #1 as well... Hoping for BFP right along with you for your B-Day this month!!!

JustFluffy- Im surprised that your dr put you on 100 mg for your first round. I'm gonna be on 50 mg for the first round, and if I still don't ovulate, I will bump up to 100 mg with metformin added

JustFluffy- Im surprised that your dr put you on 100 mg for your first round. I'm gonna be on 50 mg for the first round, and if I still don't ovulate, I will bump up to 100 mg with metformin added
You know, after he gave that to me and I read on this forum that most start at 50mg I am actually surprised too. I am not sure of his reasoning, but as far as I have read higher doses dont have any serious risks associated with them. Have you heard of any?

You know, after he gave that to me and I read on this forum that most start at 50mg I am actually surprised too. I am not sure of his reasoning, but as far as I have read higher doses dont have any serious risks associated with them. Have you heard of any?

No I haven't, some women say the side effects are stronger, but others say there is no difference, so who knows!!

No I haven't, some women say the side effects are stronger, but others say there is no difference, so who knows!!
I guess the whole "everybody is different" is just as unhelpful in this case... :) We will see!

Well all hpt have been negative so far. Tuesday will be 14 days since positive opk, so I reckon if no bfp and no af by Wednesday and I'll start the provera again. I'm still praying for a bfp, wouldn't that be a great birthday present?? My birthdays next week and I would live nothing more than the news of a baby!!!

Are most of you trying for baby #1, or do you already have some kids??

Keeping everything crossed for your Birthday...... What a present that would be :flower:

Been trying for baby #1 and have been for 2 years

6 days late and still not af or BFP. Hmph. I called the Dr. and she wants to give me progesterone to start my period. I"m scared to just in case I am pregnant.

6 days late and still not af or BFP. Hmph. I called the Dr. and she wants to give me progesterone to start my period. I"m scared to just in case I am pregnant.

Ask them to do a blood test for PG to be sure, more reliable. What cycle you on for clomid ?
GOOD LUCK xxxx

Did they test your progesterone on CD21? If that was low you hadn't O'ed at that point. As soon as mine came back below 1 my dr wanted me to start the Provera but I waited until CD 34 (I took it last night before bed) just because I wanted to see if I got AF on my own and just late.

Do you have any pregnancy symptoms? Do you typically have annovulation? I don't want to assume just because you're on Clmoid that's the you typically don't ovulate, but if that's the case, you probably didn't ovulate this cycle. Taking the progesterone now will just move you along to your next cycle sooner.

That is one thing that has been making me nervous though. It's almost like I want to stop BDing after day 20 just in case I did ovulate late and my progesterone test didn't show it. I'd be devastated if I found I O'ed late and then took progesterone.

Good luck and let us know what you decide - we're all here for you!

Hi all, soz avnt been on for day or so, been workin all hours as back in, in the morning :( Iv just took my 3rd clomid, headaches aint bad anymore (touch wood) iv been gettin hot flushes though but there not to bad tbh, praying that it works! Iv got a u/s on monday to see if the clomid has done its job fx!! Welcome to the newbie :) You will love this site and all the ladies on here are lovely so ur very welcome to join and get support from us all, Hope everyone is ok xxxx

Did they test your progesterone on CD21? If that was low you hadn't O'ed at that point. As soon as mine came back below 1 my dr wanted me to start the Provera but I waited until CD 34 (I took it last night before bed) just because I wanted to see if I got AF on my own and just late.

Do you have any pregnancy symptoms? Do you typically have annovulation? I don't want to assume just because you're on Clmoid that's the you typically don't ovulate, but if that's the case, you probably didn't ovulate this cycle. Taking the progesterone now will just move you along to your next cycle sooner.

That is one thing that has been making me nervous though. It's almost like I want to stop BDing after day 20 just in case I did ovulate late and my progesterone test didn't show it. I'd be devastated if I found I O'ed late and then took progesterone.

Good luck and let us know what you decide - we're all here for you!

Well said!! Totally agree and yes we are all here for you xxx

Hi all, soz avnt been on for day or so, been workin all hours as back in, in the morning :( Iv just took my 3rd clomid, headaches aint bad anymore (touch wood) iv been gettin hot flushes though but there not to bad tbh, praying that it works! Iv got a u/s on monday to see if the clomid has done its job fx!! Welcome to the newbie :) You will love this site and all the ladies on here are lovely so ur very welcome to join and get support from us all, Hope everyone is ok xxxx

Hey all the best for you u/s....keep us updaed...FX for you

I had some sick feeling until yesterday but today i am fine....on CD16....I guess it might be one of clomid side effects.....I did OPK today and test line came first and darke on or then control line....but then i cant rely on opks coz of PCOS.....god help me :wacko:

I had some sick feeling until yesterday but today i am fine....on CD16....I guess it might be one of clomid side effects.....I did OPK today and test line came first and darke on or then control line....but then i cant rely on opks coz of PCOS.....god help me :wacko:

Hi hun, iv been being sick at night most nights actully, I thought it was if I eaten later than 5 but even when I ddnt I would stil be ill at night so I think it may b side effects of the clomid, I cnt realy on opk's either, rubbish init, always gota guess! Another thing I was wondering, I take my clomid at night b4 bed but I'm sick about 1am most nights lately so do u think the clomid will still work?? Xxx good luck sweet

Hi hun, iv been being sick at night most nights actully, I thought it was if I eaten later than 5 but even when I ddnt I would stil be ill at night so I think it may b side effects of the clomid, I cnt realy on opk's either, rubbish init, always gota guess! Another thing I was wondering, I take my clomid at night b4 bed but I'm sick about 1am most nights lately so do u think the clomid will still work?? Xxx good luck sweet

Sorry to hear you've been sick hun, could ask GP for sickness tablets, depends how many hours is between taking clomid and the sikness as to weather they have absorbed into your system.:hugs: xxxx
Hope it passes soon

Sorry to hear you've been sick hun, could ask GP for sickness tablets, depends how many hours is between taking clomid and the sikness as to weather they have absorbed into your system.:hugs: xxxx
Hope it passes soon

Hi hun, thank u, its about 4 hours between, hope they still work :s Iv already got anti sickness tablets but dnt want to have to take them every night, Thank u xxxx

Hope it passes soon

Hi hun, thank u, its about 4 hours between, hope they still work :s Iv already got anti sickness tablets but dnt want to have to take them every night, Thank u xxxx

Think 4 hours is enough time to get into you system, I'm not expert; but do deal with medication in my job a little.
My side effects did easy after I'd taken the last tablet, so hopeffully it will be the same for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->