• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Starting clomid!

Faither - So sorry, go have lots of daquiri's..you deserve them.

Hi mind if I join? Looking for some input. I'm Cd 23 on my first round of clomid 50mg CD3-7 I've also been taking guaifenesin to thin mucous(works similar to robitussin). Anyway yesterday and today I've had tender/painful ovaries to the point I can't lay on my stomach or don't want to sit with my legs crossed bc seem swollen...does this mean I'll be ovulating soon? What have your experiences been like?

faither---agreed, go drink it up lol hugs to you hun!

ellie- not sure, O'ing has different symptoms with a lot of women. What is your background? How long are your cycles usually? Are you not using OPK's to ck for ovulation? I use the Clear blue digitals and no guess work. Smiley if it's O and and just a circle if not! I O earlier than CD23 so not sure what it could be. I mean if you O earlier it could be implantation that you are feeling but without know how your cycles work, I can't help you on that one dear.

Give us a little more information....

faither---agreed, go drink it up lol hugs to you hun!

ellie- not sure, O'ing has different symptoms with a lot of women. What is your background? How long are your cycles usually? Are you not using OPK's to ck for ovulation? I use the Clear blue digitals and no guess work. Smiley if it's O and and just a circle if not! I O earlier than CD23 so not sure what it could be. I mean if you O earlier it could be implantation that you are feeling but without know how your cycles work, I can't help you on that one dear.

Give us a little more information....

Tundralife - Do you get +ive OPK's on clomid? I am on my first round of clomid I am CD 17 today and still no +ive opk. I always get a + on CD14 so I called my Dr. She said not to bother with OPK's on clomid because they are unreliable. I have never heard anyone say that before. Just wondering what your experience was....thanks!

Hello Hope...since this is your first cycle, I would think you are going to O later then usual..probably cd 20 or 21....OPK's DO work on clomid...but give it a couple days after last pill for it to not to mess with opk's..so you are definitely past that time frame so use the opk's!! Sometimes Dr.'s don't know what they are talking about! hehe I stop my pills on cd 9 and by cd 13 they won't show on opk....Good luck! Also..are yout esting morning and night? I test oce a day until around cd 12 or 13 then if the line is getting darker, I start testing about 9 am and then again around 2-5 pm that same day..might help ya! FX'd for us all! Hugs!

Hello Ellie! I have the same thing when I am about to ovulate...super duper painful! First month I thought my ovaries were over stimulated (and going to burst!) but just had very active ovaries! 3 out of the 4 months have been like this...its normal and I usually get the pains about 3- 4 days before I O..so you are about to so get bedding and doing your OPK's morning and night!! Good luck and also be careful..the pains are normal for me but since this is your first cycle...keep a good watch for overstimulation..Hugs!

Tundra...how you doing?? I always see you helping other people and so I was wondering what part of the phase you are on? Are you still going all natural? I am taking the next 2 months off..got a gym membership and a new haircut..plus doing bloods all month..perfect timing to kick back and relax after 8 months of taking temp all the time! but anxious to hear what is going on with you!! Hopefully good news!! :hugs: :hugs:

Well I finally got a positive opk yesterday PM on CD18. I tested in the AM and - then tested again around 5:00 pm and got a +...yay!! Got another + this AM. I've had lots of twinges and feelings in my ovaries, but no EWCM which I always get plenty of. I started drinking grapefruit juice and am wondering if it's to late to try the Guaifessen (sp?) I usually get 4 days of + opk but am thinking that will change with the clomid.

My cycles are usually 34days long. I use the clear blue smiley opks too. Finally got my smiley on cd24 in the morning. I was getting the smiley before clomid between cd19-22 so just a few days later. I'm cd 27 today and I'm still a little tender but def can tell I I'd bc it was so much more painful before the smiley.

Sorry Faither :hugs:

Hi Ellie Bean good luck catching that egg :happydance:

CD 12 here and on first clomid cycle 50 mg CD 3-7. Hot flashes galore :dohh:

Hubby is travelling tonight for 3 days. My cycle is usually 33/ 34 days so hoping I don't O early on this cycle :wacko: So far no signs i.e. twinges etc...

Peanut - the Hot flushes OMG!horrible. I really thought I would have more side effects from the 100mg..but it was just hotflushes and emotional rack:dohh:

CD15 for me and still BD'ng every other day..we shall see. I'm planning on testing on the 30 May if Af doesn't show face...

Good luck ladies.. cant wait to see more BFPs :)

Alli how are you doing..

Good luck ladies.. cant wait to see more BFPs :)

Alli how are you doing..

Hello! Doing great. Had my first appointment last Thursday and just went over family history and genetic testing. I go in for my ultrasound this Thursday. I am currently worried that I won't always get my Dr. at my appointments or in the delivery room as I go to a multiple OB practice. I absolutely love my Dr... Hubby is freaking out too as he wants me with my female Dr and for to be the one in the delivery room...

How are things with you?

I have a male dr for mine and my dh doesn't care.. its not like a big deal all they are there for is a few second literally well maybe 1-3 hours at most... to deliver the baby.. I do get wanting your dr though.. my ob is a 2-3 ob practice.. and I want him again.. I love him lol.. hope the us goes well :)

Im good.. next us in 10 days.. :)

Hi lillrojo! How are you!! Hows' the bump coming along?

Alli, glad your appt went well and good luck at your u/s

Hello lovely ladies! I hope you are all really well and having good cycles or happy pregnancies! :)

My cycle is going ok, I think! I'm currently CD19 and was super gobsmacked when FF gave me crosshairs yesterday and said I ovulated on CD15!! Whhhaaaaaaaatttttttt?! I always ov on or around CD21 and my consultant wanted to try and get my ov a bit earlier....it looks like it might have worked! I had really strong ov pain on CD15 (with lesser but still painful ov pains from around CD12) so if I did ov then, then I wonder how many eggs there were! I have bloods being taken on CD21 and CD24 so hopefully that will confirm ov. *fingers crossed*

I'd love to hear how everyone else is :)

Hello ladies :flower:

Can I ask how you felt stronger OV pains/ tendencies on clomid? Was there a build-up or you felt it when OV was occurring i.e. the day? I have no symptoms and hot flashes are nearly gone. I have been using OPK's and nothing so far (this would still be very early for me though).

Also, I had the most awful nightmares every single night during my "hot flashes" phase - could that be clomid related (we also just moved country - so maybe that...)?

Looking fwd to your test date EvieBee!

:kiss:

Peanut my ovaries ached pretty bad the day before and the day of ovulation.. then it went away.. my first round they started aching early though.. I did always get a pos opks so fxed for you... not sure on nightmares.. could be both.. stress and such

Afm bump is doing good.. no real "bump" yet but its coming lol I can feel my uterus already.. 10 weeks today.. my next us is next week.. I will def update you all after with some pics :)

My ultrasound appointment got canceled yesterday. My doctor was at the hospital delivering babies all day and not one of the other 3 doctors were in the office. I wouldn't have minded a different doctor for just an ultrasound... Rescheduled for the 24th...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->