Starting egg share buddy wanted.

Hi everyone :flower: how are things with you all?

What a week it's been for me!! My period didnt arrive when expected :growlmad: and I am never late so it stressed me out a little because I had no signs of it showing up!!
But panic over when it finally arrived yesterday!! I was in total agony but I really didn't care :cloud9:
I phoned my clinic and the woman I needed to speak to wasn't in.... Typical so I left a message and she phoned me back this morning:thumbup:
Now my problem is I get so excited I don't take things in properly and forget to ask questions lol! But from what I can remember she said my schedule is in the post (hope it gets here unlike the last few letters!) my drugs are being delivered next Wednesday I'm booked in on June 21st to be shown how to inject myself and I think she said I'm booked in for a scan on July 7th!! And I started BCP today!
Only now it's all starting to feel real!! Sooooooooo excited!!
:hugs::hugs:
:dust:

Excellent news on starting soon g3mz! glad period arived finally! I start injections next friday! finally took last bcp today.
How is everyone else getting on?x

Hi guys :D

I am still waiting for my period!!!! CD 30 for me now and getting very impatient waiting for it to arrive!

So glad for you g3mz and now I know I need note pad and pen when I ring the clinic!

Bet you can't wait until Friday schoolteacher. Must feel so good for you to finally finish bcp!

:hugs2:

I know how u feel with the waiting tryandwish! Mine finally arrived when I stopped thinking about it and went for a long walk to relax!
The good news when it does arrive everything seems to happen so fast!! I had a letter day after I spoke to Anne saying the plan was to have my egg collection and transfer in the week beginning 16th July!! I'm on BC until 28th June I start suprefact/suprecur 500mg one injection daily from 21st June (I was booked in that day for them to teach me to inject) scan on July 4th and if scan is ok start gonal f/menopur/puregon injections on that day!
But then she phoned early Sunday morning to ask if I can go in this Thursday instead of next so not sure if it's been moved forward 1 week or if she's just going to show me what to do??
I had a phone all this morning to arrange delivery of all the meds! They will be with me 2moro :happydance:
Starting to feel real now it's actually happening!!
Hope your period arrives soon tryandwish :flower:
Not long until your injections now school teacher :thumbup:

Excellent news g3mz! not long now! my clinic don't send meds I don't know why, I will get them on friday when I go for scan.
AF arrived yet tryandwish? it will don't worry! how long do u have to take bcp do u know yet? sorry if u said already! x

Wow everything has moved on so quick since I was last on, everyone seems to be roughly at the same point, how cool! Iv been so busy iv not had time to update, well in may, Dh was laid off from work (building trade) and I was devastated, we had to use all our savings which included ivf funds, but I put more hours in and managed to save it again, then Dh landed a great job which he started yesterday, at that point the clinic rang to say they have a recipient! Yay I thought until I realised DH was no longer able to just take time off as our clinic is an hour away, I was devastated at getting so close and then having to cancel, but as luck would have it, the place he is working shuts down on July 23 for 3 weeks! So we are set to do egg collection then! All my meds arrived yesterday and wow! How much stuff? I go to the clinic on thurs to be shown what to do and then provera in a couple of weeks to bring on af! So so excited now! Looks like our babies will all be close in age! ;)
Quick question, how many envies u all having put bk and why? Xxx

Welcome back Bumski sorry to hear you being having a stressfully time but glad things are back on track :thumbup:
My meds arrived today and I must say I was shocked when I seen how much stuff and how many needles!!:wacko:
I'm being shown what to do Thursday to and am a bit nervous about it now!!
I'm having just 1 put back that's what my clinic recommends and it was also because my previous pregnancys have been twins the first were non identical and I lost one very early on and second was identical twin pregnancy with complications that resulted in my little boy dieing just weeks before I was due to be delivered and my remaining boy had to be delivered prematurely. Although I have had a bad experience with multiple pregnancys I know people that have had happy and succsesful pregnancys too, but with me being high risk I'm happy to have just the one put back and hope for the best :flower:
:hugs:

I know how u feel with the waiting tryandwish! Mine finally arrived when I stopped thinking about it and went for a long walk to relax!
The good news when it does arrive everything seems to happen so fast!! I had a letter day after I spoke to Anne saying the plan was to have my egg collection and transfer in the week beginning 16th July!! I'm on BC until 28th June I start suprefact/suprecur 500mg one injection daily from 21st June (I was booked in that day for them to teach me to inject) scan on July 4th and if scan is ok start gonal f/menopur/puregon injections on that day!
But then she phoned early Sunday morning to ask if I can go in this Thursday instead of next so not sure if it's been moved forward 1 week or if she's just going to show me what to do??
I had a phone all this morning to arrange delivery of all the meds! They will be with me 2moro :happydance:
Starting to feel real now it's actually happening!!
Hope your period arrives soon tryandwish :flower:
Not long until your injections now school teacher :thumbup:

Knowing it all happens so quick once AF arrives is just making me more impatient :growlmad: Got another day off work tomorrow so I'll try and find something relaxing to take my mind of it.

Excellent news g3mz! not long now! my clinic don't send meds I don't know why, I will get them on friday when I go for scan.
AF arrived yet tryandwish? it will don't worry! how long do u have to take bcp do u know yet? sorry if u said already! x

:brat: :hissy: :brat: :hissy:
Nope! End of CD32 now and no sign of AF yet. I'm cooking a meal tomorrow for my husband and my mum so sure AF will arrive then. Usually arrives when its a pain in the neck (or should I say abdomen?) No idea how long I have to be on the bcp yet. Waiting for AF to arrive before I ring so I can get all the info in one go.

Hi ladies, think I may have spoke to a couple of u b4. My hubby and I have decided we are definitely going to go down egg share route now if I can fingers crossed. Hopefully if I can will be going with CARE Manchester, did u self refer or did G.P/consultant refer you? Does it matter which way? I have blocked tubes, not entitled to ivf as have 5 year old, had a stillborn daughter in July @ 36wks and mmc in feb, so up until that point I could get pregnant. Some advice would be great xxx

Quick question, how many envies u all having put bk and why? Xxx

Hi bumski
Glad everything is finally working out for you.
I'm going to have 2 embies put back. Clinic is advising I have just one as I have quite a risk of twins. My mother is an identical twin, she has non identical twin cousins and my grandfather (fathers side) was also an identical twin. Reason I am still having 2 embies back anyway is I asked myself one question. What would be worst? 1. falling pregnant with twins (or triplets if both embies stick and one splits) or 2. having only one embie put back and the cycle failing. Of course, the cycle failing would be much much worse and I wouldn't have any problem with twins or triplets. Got family and friends around to help but the only thing that I'm apprehensive about with multiple pregnancy is the birth. I really want a drug free natural birth but of course the is more chance of c-section with multiple pregnancy but it's a chance I'll take to have healthy children.

What about you? How many embies you having put back or have you not decided yet?

Wow bumski! You've had an up an down time recently, how handy about your DHs work shuts down! I have never seen all my mess in one go, I can imagine is quite overwhelming! I'm allowed 1 or 2 as its my 3rd time, had 2 last time and didn't work so will prob have 2 again hopefully. X

G3mz- don't be worried about needles it's funny how quick u get used to it! Though by the end your sick of it too! I'm sorry I never noticed your signature before, 2 lots of twins, wow, and I'm so sorry for your losesyou have had terrible multiples experiences! It does worry me putting two back but I think with me it would be a very low chance of 2 taking... X

Oh dear try and wish still no AF! Where is it?! X

Hi becktoria! Welcome. I just chose a clinic and made an aoiment but took my letter from the Nhs FS saying that we needed ivf. (nhs wouldn't fund us as DH has children(well young adults) from previous marriage).This is my 3rd time egg sharing so any questions just ask! X

Oh dear try and wish still no AF! Where is it?! X

Exactly what I'm wondering! :shrug:
Been recording my cycles since Jan 2010 and I am usually between 28 and 32 days with odd cycles of 26-27 days and one cycle 2 months ago that was 34 days! Its only being another long cycle because I'm waiting for it! :( But at least with you all starting a little before me I have more of you to learn from and ask for any advice :thumbup:

Anne called me from LWC asking if I have started bcp yet!!! I had to say "Not yet. Hoping for period any day, I'm now CD33 which is unusual for me!" She said that was typical and the recipient is already taking bcp! Everything is just waiting on my period!

WHERE IS IT?? POAS this morn just incase and of course it was negative so starting to get quite grumpy and short tempered today as I'm fed up of the waiting! My temp isn't even dropping yet! :cry:

Hi all well i'm going to an open day at LWC Swansea next week - very excited as feel like at long last will get some help and answers.

I'm considering egg sharing too...does it greatly reduce the cost of treatement? does it delay treatment? Gosh sooooo many questions!

Also ladies how are you finding the care at LWC Swansea. I live near Llandeilo so its a 50 min trip for me! All worth it for the BFP tho!

Best of luck to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try and wish fingers crossed the witch hurries up for you!!!

Hello :flower: how is everyone doing?
I have replied to your private message nimbec hope the info helps you! :thumbup:
Today I have been to the clinic to learn to inject and schoolteacher you are right I didn't find it to bad!! The thought of it is the worst part! Looking forward now to starting them next Thursday!!
And at last we have found a new home but with not so great timing we are due to move a week before my egg retrieval and transfer:wacko: But I suppose time will fly by with being so busy!!
Really feel for you tryandwish! Hope it arrives very soon!! :hugs:

STILL NO AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now on CD34 and extremely frustrated and getting pissed off! It must arrive soon as I've had the back ache all day and got the crampy feeling this evening and wanting to eat chocolate. Temp dropped a little this morning so hope it will be lower in the morning.

Thanks for the hug g3mz. Wish I was so busy to make the time fly!

Hi nimbec,
Thank you for the witch wishes :thumbup:
I find LWC great. Never been to another private clinic though so only got NHS to compare them to which doesn't set the bar very high. I first called them and had an info pack sent out to me, then visited them to discuss options, then had to raise funds and got things underway with the initial consultation. The only difficulty I had was the timing. Had to wait 2 weeks for right CD to have AMH bloods done. Then had AMH repeated as it was low first time so that was more waiting for the right CD. But got all the tests done now. All the staff are really kind and easy to speak to.
Egg sharing does reduce the cost. They will tell you more and give you a better idea of prices tailored to your situation but I have paid £325 for initial consultation, £180 for AMH bloods (£90 each and usually need only 1 test), £75 HFEA license, and we need ICSI which is £750 for egg sharers (normally £900). The standard IVF fee of £3,025 is not paid for by the egg sharer.
You have a 50 mins trip to LWC. I wish! I live in Moylegrove near Cardigan and it takes almost 2 hours for me to get there (it's 50 mins just for me to get to work in Haverfordwest!). But like you said "All worth it for the BFP tho!"
Let us know how you get on at the open day. X

Thankyou G3mz and Tryandwish much appreciated! I hope the time flys by for both of you!!! I'll let you know how I get on I'm going next thus :) keep us posted on how your getting on!

Gosh I feel lucky now at 50mins/hr it's great to hear both of you speaking positively xx

Hey all my clinic is an hr away so not too bad!
So had scan today, all fine and start first injection tonight! I'm on 225 gonal f.

Tryandwish - sounds like AF is coming I reckon cd 36! It is frustrating I have really long cycles ranging from 35- 90 days. After the first ivf I didn't get AF til cd106! X

G3mz- glad u have found a place! Best to be busy and As long as your in and settled by ER then that's ok. You will need to rest after! X

Have a good weekend girls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->