Starting egg share buddy wanted.

Tryandwish

Mum of DS,DD & WTTC#3
Reaction score
Hi Ladies.

I have gone through the inital consultation, AMH tests counselling session and now waiting for results of cystic fibrosis and chromosome check via blood test. Blood taken yesterday and was told to ring in 3 weeks time and the results should be back. Then they match me with an egg recipient and send me the contraceptive pill through the post (have to take it for a while to get me and the egg recipient cycling together).

Anyone else at a similar stage of the process?

Lots of :dust: to everyone x

Hello there Im egg sharing :flower: but I've just started my injections...
Are you excited? :happydance:
xxx

I am really excited :happydance:

How long did it take to match u with a recipient and match your cycles? Wondering how long I might be taking the contraceptive pill.

Good luck for your injections :flower:

:hugs:

Hi I am at the roughly the same point as you, I return to the clinic on Monday for the blood test results then I start on the pill, really excited but trying hard to keep a level head too, don't want to get ahead of myself as still unsure how long it will be until it begins. Did ask the dr though and he said roughly 2 months to treatment and that was nearly 4 weeks ago,

hi i have just started the emotional journey of egg share too! in LWC swansea.:flower:
i am awaiting my AMH results and have a follow up and further bloods booked in for next week! :happydance:
so excited but very impatient i am i want it all to happen right now :)

Hi Bumski :hugs:

What clinic are you with?
My clinic is doing the same thing that they wont tell me it takes 1 week to match you or 3 weeks or 6 weeks and its kind of leaving me feeling a bit clueless as to when the treatment will start and when I might get my :bfp:

You get your result Monday and I should get mine a week Wednesday after you so we are just over a week apart and with you being ahead of me then I get to follow your posts to see how things are going :wohoo:

Good luck

:hugs2: xx

Hi g3mz

I'm from North Pembrokeshire near Cardigan so I'm quite a distance from the clinic. I see your location says Swansea, must be nice to be close to the clinic. I also see this was your first post on this forum so welcome to BnB :D

I know what you mean about being impatient. My first appointment with LWC was on Jan 25th and it just feels like so long ago. If I'm not waiting for right day of my cycle to take tests on then I'm waiting for blood results. Its just loads of waiting.

Got my fingers crossed for you that you AMH comes back over 15 :thumbup:

:hugs2:

hi tryandwish :thumbup: just a quick question how long did it take for your AMH results? i had my bloods last friday, dr thakcare told me it would be a week but the nurse who took my bloods said it might take longer??:shrug:
i know im being very impatient but i just want to know if its over before its begun? egg share is our only option so im pinning all my hopes on it x

I know how it feels as egg share is all we have to rely on too! (not got any hope on the NHS!) I was told AMH results take 2 weeks to come back but I was seeing Dr.Mamiso then. Seen Dr.Thackare since then too. Dont panic about not hearing about your AMH yet! If it was taken on 13th, don't be surprised if you don't hear before 27th. My last AMH was taken on March 11th and had appointment for 29th for the result (first day I wasn't working after 2 weeks were up) but they called me on 26th which was 15 days and said my AMH came back fine this time. (Had low result first time). It does feel really slow when you have to keep waiting for test results and another month keeps going by but every day that passes we are both getting closer x

my results came back we can go on to the next step :happydance:
was so excited didnt ask what they were lol the fact that they were ok was enough for me!! they have sent me a letter that should be with me 2moro with an appointment for counselling and bloods for next week! soooooooooo excited and glad i phoned them because they had been trying to ring me but must have the wrong number! typical! anyway i am determined to stay positive along this journey so here it goes!
:dust:

That's amazing news! :thumbup: I know how it felt when they told me my AMH was ok too. I almost forgot to ask what it came back as too, thought of it just before we hung up so she had to load my page on the computer again lol

The counselling is with Liz. She's very easy to talk to. It will probably be Wednesday sometime because they told me Liz is normally there on Wednesdays and Mondays but she seemed to be really busy Mondays because it was only Wednesdays she could fit me in.

I'm happy for you x :happydance:

Hi really sorry its taken so long to reply, iv been snowed under at work.
I am at MFS in Manchester, they are ok there, this is the first treatment i have had there but so far they have been nice. Went for my final blood results yesterday and they have come back fine so they are currently finding a recipient and then off we go:happydance:

My AMH came back at 85 which apparantly is quite high so i have a risk of OHSS which the Dr seemed quite concerned about so not sure how i should feel about this. Im still scared to get too excited because it hurts too much when these things dont work. Think i should be a bit more positive though.

I was told it will take approx 3 weeks to find a match and then i will start, kind of surreal at the momment.

Well done g3mz with your results, thats great :happydance:
Keep us posted Tryandwish on how you get on i will keep checking in :thumbup:

happy for you bumski :thumbup: hope your wait to find a recipient flies by!!

i had counselling and bloods done today and have been left happy but slightly shocked by the results of my AMH, wish i hadnt asked now and had left it as knowing it was ok that should have been enough. but me being curious asked what it had come back as........13.59??
i was assured that everything was ok my age (im 25) and that iv had children had been taken into account but i must say i am a little dissapointed im not even sure why coz i have been accepted for egg share and that is what i wanted?:shrug: just wish it was a little higher but they said i will just need a higher dose of the meds.

anyway counselling went great she was really easy to talk to! blood tests were ok and i did have the exciting news that i have already been matched to a recipient!! just a wait now for results and away we go!!:happydance: results should be back in 3weeks......4weeks tops :)

Thats fantastic g3mz, its just a waiting game now to start. I wouldnt worry about your result, mine is just high because i have pcos, but to be honest being high does not make it better. quite worried about OHSS and so is dr but we have to try or i will always wonder what if?

Have they told you how long you will take the meds for?
Great news that they have matched you up with someone! :happydance:

Wouldnt you like to be a fly on the wall when they get that call to let them know they have an egg donor?

i had counselling and bloods done today and have been left happy but slightly shocked by the results of my AMH, wish i hadnt asked now and had left it as knowing it was ok that should have been enough. but me being curious asked what it had come back as........13.59??
i was assured that everything was ok my age (im 25) and that iv had children had been taken into account but i must say i am a little dissapointed im not even sure why coz i have been accepted for egg share and that is what i wanted?:shrug: just wish it was a little higher but they said i will just need a higher dose of the meds.

anyway counselling went great she was really easy to talk to! blood tests were ok and i did have the exciting news that i have already been matched to a recipient!! just a wait now for results and away we go!!:happydance: results should be back in 3weeks......4weeks tops :)

Great news :yipee: I'm really happy for you and I'm sure your AMH level is nothing to worry about. If they thought they couldn't get enough eggs then they wouldn't accept you onto the egg share scheme. One question though.....more of bit of a rant actually. How come have they matched you with a recipient already? They haven't found someone for me yet :nope: I feel like a little kid whining but we are with the same clinic so thought we would be looking at the same time scale.:shrug: The 3 week wait for my cystic fibrosis and chromosome check will be up on Wednesday May 2nd so if you have a match already then hoping they have found me a match during the past 3 weeks I have been waiting for my results. Don't want to be waiting ages for a match to be found! Done enough waiting already. But enough of my whining already!! Don't feel down about your AMH. You ahve been accepted and a recipient has been found so it's all great :happydance:

Hi really sorry its taken so long to reply, iv been snowed under at work.
I am at MFS in Manchester, they are ok there, this is the first treatment i have had there but so far they have been nice. Went for my final blood results yesterday and they have come back fine so they are currently finding a recipient and then off we go:happydance:

My AMH came back at 85 which apparantly is quite high so i have a risk of OHSS which the Dr seemed quite concerned about so not sure how i should feel about this. Im still scared to get too excited because it hurts too much when these things dont work. Think i should be a bit more positive though.

I was told it will take approx 3 weeks to find a match and then i will start, kind of surreal at the momment.

Well done g3mz with your results, thats great :happydance:
Keep us posted Tryandwish on how you get on i will keep checking in :thumbup:

Hopefully finding a recipient won't take long for you :D 85 is high but you know OHSS won't go unnoticed at all so it would be caught early as they will be looking for it. That must be a little reassuring. I will update with news of my results and what ever else I can find out on May 2nd :D

Good luck for getting a recipient soon :thumbup:

Hi trying wish, im not sure really I know it goes on hair colour, eye colour,height build ect. But I'm sure they will have matched you by the time you get your results :thumbup:
Liz the counsellor was saying egg recipients are usually waiting around 12 months to be paired with donors so there must be loads of ladies waiting, and we find waiting a few weeks hard I cant imagine how they feel:shrug:
Phone them and ask them how it's going the nurse that did my bloods told me to ring after 3 weeks coz if they are just waiting on one result they sometimes start you on the pill then, can't remember her name as I'm useless with names but it wasn't Anne.
Bumski Fingers crossed for you!! :hugs: keep us up to date! :thumbup:

:dust::dust:

Thinking of you today tryandwish! I'm excited for you :)

me too tryandwish! hoping for some good news :winkwink:

nothing to report from my side, but will keep you both updated, how are things with you g3mz?

xx

Just waiting on blood results :wacko:
Keeping myself busy tho so not finding the wait as hard as I thought it would be!
Everyday that goes by is one day closer..........I'm going to stay positive or il drive myself insane!
Hope to hear you have your match soon :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"