Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the link Trask. I am someone who wants a 2 embie transfer so the article is really good, Ive also had a good look at the one at a time website. Recommended by a lady from here who is preggers with twins from a 2 embie transfer. Anyway... we all know that its a decision thats completely personnal. Obviously it depends on the day, the amount of embies and the embryologist :shrug: Who knows!!

Trask - I am REALLY sympathising with you on the headaches :hugs:

Sophie - Hope that the :witch: arrives properly for you in time :dust: I was made redundant last year.... its such a worrying time :hugs: Really pleased that youre not at risk... its not something you could do with right now :hugs:

Hippie - :haha: You put your point across very well! :thumbup: I dont think there is anyone here that would take things the wrong way. I hate it when you see threads that have completely spirraled out of control because someone doesnt understand that different people have different opinions.

PG -Hope that the :witch: isnt misbehaving for you xxxx

Wallie - Hope all is well! xxx

AFM.... still getting rotten headaches that I cant seem to shift and I cant remember if I can take ibrubofen or not?? :help:

Hope youre all enjoying the weekend xxx

Hello all :flower:

Big fat no to ibuprofen I'm afraid Samba, it can mess with ovulation - I was told paracetamol is OK though. Sorry to hear you're still suffering with the headaches. I think it took about 3 days for things to start properly subsiding, so hopefully it will happen soon. :hugs:

Traskey - no conflict caused at all from my perspective (comment sections are full of stupid people with opinions no matter what news site I find!) - it was an interesting read and certainly worth thinking about. I'm 36 now, so I think my clinic will transfer two if they are good enough, but at this stage I'll be happy just to make it past egg collection :thumbup:
Glad to hear the stabbing is going well, but sorry to hear about the headaches. Hope they clear up soon.

Wallie - hope the sniffing is going well for you and that are managing to avoid the side effects again (lucky thing!). Hope that time flies between now and 3rd Feb :hugs:

PGLady and Hippie - big week for us next week! Fingers crossed that we'll all be given the go ahead to get on with the next bit! :happydance:

I think the :witch: is definitely on her way for me, so I'm just hoping she does her stuff before Wednesday afternoon so that I get the go ahead to start stimming again. I am so thoroughly fed up of injections now though. Oh and I've filled up my sharps bin (luckily I got another one with the second Gonal-F delivery).

Thanks all for your kind words re my work situation as well. To be honest, I've been at my current place for a while (8 years this year) so redundancy would not be the end of the world. Big old load of stress though, so good to avoid it for now. Will be strange if my manager goes - I do not have a very easy relationship with him, but obviously wouldn't wish this on him. Mixed feelings! :wacko:

Right, we are treating ourselves to a chinese tonight at our local restaurant, so I'm going to get myself ready. Hope you're all having a good weekend!

Thanks for the advice re: the buprofen. I'll go and get some of the lovely hard to swallow horse sized paracetomols :haha:

Im really hoping that the :witch: arrives for you tomorrow.... not tonight want you to enjoy your chinese! I really dont envy you jabbing for all this time :hugs:

Have fun tonight xxx

Hi Traskey, no conflict at all, please don't worry. It's something we're all thinking about after all, and we're all grown ups. Sorry if I offended with my views on the Daily Mail, I'm a wishy washy liberal I'm afraid! :flower: As I was explaining it to my Mum today I realised this is the only chance we have to exert some control over the situation, so no wonder it's caused so much discussion. I suppose we just have to trust our docs and embryologists to do their best for us, as they are the experts. I have a tendency to be cynical that they'll just do their best for the stats (I work in the public sector too), but they have to report successes as well as twin pregnancy rates, right?

Sophie/ Wallie, I wonder if you have any tips on jabs being our resident experts :hugs:? I have such bad bruising I'm running out of places to do it and I'm worried about going to two per day next week if I get the go ahead. Obviously I'll have a word with the nurse next week, but I'm getting antsy as I can't go swimming any more for fear of the 'you're a junkie' looks as people see the state of my legs (do both thighs in rotation with tummy to try to make space).

Can't remember who's having the takeaway, sounds yum but I've just been out for afternoon tea and have overdosed on :cake:. Oops! :hugs: to everyone, enjoy your evenings xx

I've only jabbed in my stomach and after 2xiui and 2xIVF I've only had one bruise.

I favour the right side of my stomach just below and right of my belly button. I squeeze the skin and put the needle in at 90 degree angle. Push the meds in and that's it.

Only thing that I get but very occassionally is a spot of blood, but that's nothing to worry about.

Hope you get on okay.

PG - I've been reccomended not go swimming by the nurse when swimming or baths :grr: I think you can also jab in your thigh so might be worth an ask when you next go back :hugs: Ive not had any bruising yet... only from the 3 attempt blood test.

Wallie - :hi:

Right must dash.... injection number 4. xxxx

PG - I can't help, I've still got mega bruises on my thigh from my last stimming round! :haha: I decided to do the buserelin in my tummy and Gonal-F in my thighs to try not to put one spot under too much pressure, but my thighs did NOT like being jabbed. My tummy is OK for bruises, but I find that my injections sting more there, so I prefer the thigh, even though it leads to bruising. Hmmmm.:wacko:

Having said that, I'm switching my Gonal injection site to my tummy this time around, to see if it makes any difference (I know it shouldn't do, but you know how stupid brains work...)

I dunno about the swimming thing. I'm a runner, but I knocked it on the head during my last stims and have decided to stay off it for the time being, just to be in the safe side. I heard that swimming should be avoided after egg collection to avoid infection, but otherwise OK - but couldn't swear to it. I think there is a risk of twisting the ovaries if you do exercise once you start stimming, which is why I've knocked off the running for now. Really should lay off the :cake: now...

My clinic says gentle exercise is ok but nothing that involves bounding around and no swimming/baths after transfer. I've not done any exercise I have to confess and am joyfully wasting this months gym membership :haha:

PG, i'm not offending by the DM comments, I don't read newspapers, i'm a news addict but someone I know gave me the link.

Samba, no ibuprofen i'm afraid. Plain paracetomol only :( It does help though.

Sophie, hope your witch comes soon! Enjoy your chinese.

Wallie, hope things are well with you.

AFM, my ovaries are really starting to hurt, but this happened last time. Mine have to work harder and over stimulated last time so during stimming they tend to ache.

Oh right, no exercise at all, better do as you say Sophie and knock the cake on the head :cry: I was a runner too until my back started giving me jip, I'm such an old lady! I think I'll stop seeing my osteopath soon too then. Thanks everyone for your advice, what would I do without you? :hugs:

Glad the stims seem to be working for you Traskey :happydance: although I hope it's not too painful. Is it weird being able to feel your ovaries, or were you able to anyway? Sorry if that's a weird question.

Thanks for the advice on jabs Sophie and Wallie :flower:. I read someone's post too late, but they said they did theirs to make a smile on their middle. I like that idea!

3 attempt blood test Sambatiki? Eek! Poor you!

Hope the horrible headaches stop for you too Samba and Traskey.

:hi: Hippie

Glad the stims seem to be working for you Traskey :happydance: although I hope it's not too painful. Is it weird being able to feel your ovaries, or were you able to anyway? Sorry if that's a weird question.

Hehe, no that's fine. It is a bit weird tbh. It's like somebody has kicked me in the privates. The pain is low and a continuous ache. Gets worse when my bladder is full. Some people don't feel it at all, others can feel it close to ec. I had 16 follies last time, which is not bad for an oldie but the result was that my ovaries ached for most of stimming as they were working so hard. I never used to feel them before, only just before ovulation. This is more intense, if that makes sense?

Hi ladies, I hope I didn't cause conflict with the article, I just thought i'd share as we'd been discussing the 1/2 issues. As for the comments that people made, it was exactly the same a few months ago when the 3 goes on the NHS issue came up again. I was just about to start my first IVF, it was all over the news and they were talking to people on the street about whether it should be allowed. Let's just say that it was obvious many people had never had a fertility issue in their lives and were horrendously ignorant! I got so riled up that DH made me turn the news off :haha:

No offence/ conflict at all my dear, as far as I go, anything that causes a debate is GOOOOD! :winkwink:
I agree with PG as to being a big liberal, I guess my username kind of gave that away?
I once absolutely screamed at someone in work. She's the kind of b*#% (pardon my French) who had a baby and due to a severe lack of personality suddenly she is not interested in anything else now and this is all I'm ever talking about ever again. She really, REALLY made me lose it when she made a really ignorant flippant comment about getting pregnant and infertility. There were about 2 or 3 other colleagues in the room at the time and they were cringing like crazy! It felt really good to shut her up, even better that I was so horrible about it! This was around the time I was really struggling with not knowing what was wrong with us & why I wasn't getting pregnant. That phase lasted over 2 years by the way. Anyway, point is: ignorant idiots should NOT be given your time, especially not fascist ones, which is why I avoid Daily Mail readers like the plague!
Oh and by the way, that silly moo just sent me a friend request on Facebook. If anything that just proves how thick she is. :haha:

Hello all :flower:
PGLady and Hippie - big week for us next week! Fingers crossed that we'll all be given the go ahead to get on with the next bit! :happydance:

Eeek and super excitement!!! I can't believe how quick these 2 weeks have gone by!!! :happydance::yipee:

I think the :witch: is definitely on her way for me, so I'm just hoping she does her stuff before Wednesday afternoon so that I get the go ahead to start stimming again. I am so thoroughly fed up of injections now though. Oh and I've filled up my sharps bin (luckily I got another one with the second Gonal-F delivery).
Happy :witch: dance!!! :yipee:
I can't believe either you've been injecting for that long, poor you! I will definitely think of you if I start feeling sorry for myself for having to inject! :hugs:
Also extremely jealous of the Chinese meal. I had one of those really tasty but very unhealthy Sainsbury's ready made curries yesterday, and yeah, it was king prawns! Making the most of having all the delicious junk and foods I will not be allowed to eat soon.
Might have to squeeze in another couple of takeaways in the next week or so.

PG, I only got one bruise off injecting so far and that was the hubby! Bless him he was so proud of his doctor's duties, obviously they were taken away following that incident, LOL.

Also Sophie & all, thanks for the advice on Ibuprofen, I was told I could only take paracetamol too but not why. Having said that when the :witch: arrived I was so bad I asked the clinic if they'd let me take some codeine and they said ok until I start stimming.

Re: excercise I've heard it's a good idea to stay off it while stimming due to ovaries being enlarged it's not good to twist & squeeze them? I'm thinking mainly of yoga/ pilates which is more my bag. I guess swimming could result in infections. My friend used to manage leisure centres and her stories of what goes on in swimming pools put me off them big style. A word of advice, never EVER go in jacuzzi's in leisure centres. Yuck.

Hope you're all having a good week-end, :hugs: to all x

Morning Peeps!

Hope youre all well! Gosh everyone was up late last night.... naughty naughty :haha:

Trask put a link in my journo about laughter so I thought I'd post the Youtube link I sent her here.

https://youtu.be/nGeKSiCQkPw

I expect many of you have already seen it but its sooo funny :haha:

So everyone has decided that we're all going to be couch potatoes for the next few weeks (ahemmm months :winkwink:) Im trying to be good so DH and I are off for a nice big walk later on today.

Hippie - There is always ONE isnt there. I used to work with a very ignorant woman at work that I used to want to slap on a daily basis. Luckily I know work in an environment where there is only very few women all of whom already have kids and have finished their families :wohoo: I think it makes up for the 4 pregnancies I had to watch at my previous job :thumbup:

Trask - How are you this morning??

Sophie - has the :witch: arrived properly?

PG - :hi: Hope youre OK

AFM.... still have the headache.... :argh:

Samba, Ahh the headache, doesn't go does it? I'm glad you found the link useful, if it could double our odds i'll take that! Loved that video, I hadn't see it before and it made me laugh.

Hippie, i've never thought about the jacuzzi but now that you mention it :sick:

Sophie, hope the witch has turned up for you.

Wallie, PG :hugs:

Morning all!

PG - the cake comment was aimed at me! I'm still eating as though I'm getting my daily run in and whilst I'm trying to get some good walks in at the weekend, I'm nothing like as active as usual. Too bad, cos I really like cake :cry: :haha:

In fact, it's such a gorgeous day I think I'll get myself out for a nice long walk today.

:witch: not in full flow yet unfortunately - I'm pretty much expecting that I won't get the go ahead on Wednesday, but it will only be a few more days to wait hopefully which is not so long in the scheme of things.

Hope everyone else is well this morning :hugs:

Sophie - I really really hope that the long walk does the trick and brings the witch on properly. xxxx

Hope everything goes ok for you on Wed Sophie, you really deserve a break :flower:

My :witch: has buggered off after just two days of fairly full on action. No idea where that leaves me, I suppose I'll find out on Thursday.

Sambatiki, interesting you mentioned laughter, I'm starting to think about box sets for the 2ww. So far I'm going to re-watch Inbetweeners on 4od, Catterick, Pheonix Nights and Nighty Night. That makes me look like a right weirdo but there aren't many things that actually make me laugh properly. Anyone have any ideas for other videos (get me I'm so retro!)? Will probably have Zoolander on loop too. I think a good chuckle will do us the world of good.

There's no way I can just veg for the next couple of weeks, walking sounds like a good compromise, good idea.

Can't believe it's the end of the weekend already, have a good week at work xx

Oh yes, laughter after transfer had double the success rates. Got to be worth a shot. Samba and I are posting funnies on our journals, to get in practise early :rofl:

Sophie, hope the witch has showed up.

Samba, 4 days until your follicle scan :wohoo:

PG, 3 days until your down reg scan :wohoo:

Hey ladies

Just checking in!!!

Will share the funny I posted in Trasks journo for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KDQi0gMVg8

Its all really starting to happen for us all..... VERY EXCITING!!!

Hey all, just a quick one as I have to get up at 6 to go to my down reg blod test tomorrow... Eeek :happydance: fingers crossed.
Samba, cheers for the videos, so funny. The dog one especially, though that dude's flat is seriously messy!
Sophie, hope :witch: stops messing about, though I had period pain and spotting dor about 3 or 4 days before being hit properly, I guess it's the drugs?
Everyone else: :flower: and good luck with this week's events! X

Hippie, good luck with your down reg test tomorrow :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"