Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

Thank you! First sniff done at 8am this morning, next due at 1:15pm!

At least it's started but a long way off yet.

Hi all, so yeah, :witch: arrived this morning while I was in work, after having insane PMS and even proper period pains for days and boy don't I know that she's arrived now! People weren't joking when they said it would be a bad one, I had to ask my colleagues (all male, eek!) not to leave me alone at lunch time in case I fainted and every time I go to the loo it's like a Hammer Horror film!
I had to resort to taking some of the Codeine I had left over from when I had my lap. Not sure if I'm ok taking it but it was that or screaming the office down.

Something else that arrived this morning was my new niece, my sister's 2nd baby. I blame the full moon!
Not the most perfect time for that to happen but I'm feeling surprisingly ok about it. When my nephew was born I was in limbo and that clearly made it worse, I think part of me thinks it's ok cos I'm next!

Samba, any news? Wallie, yay about 1st sniff!
:dust: to all xx

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry for being MIA for the last week, it's been a really hectic time at work and I've been doing crazy hours. It all calms down after tomorrow fortunately.

Samba and Wallie, you were having updates today I believe? How are things going? I've successfully down regged so tonight we start the stimming injections.

Hippie, was it you that asked about it being late, or was that PGlady? My af was 3 days late and very heavy. That's a good sign from what they told me (the heavy) and late was usual.

Oh, i've just seen Hippie got her witch. Come on witchy for PGlady and Sophie.

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I forgot to update here yesterday :flower:

Im als all D-regged and ready for stabbing action tonight!!! :yipee: Feeling rather nervous about it, Im OK about the mixing... its just the actual stabbing and without DH here its abit :shock: BUT Im a lucky lady with a fellow BNB'er a 20 mins away if I get really freaked AND if REALLY necessary a friend of mine is a vet :haha:

Trask - :yipee: :yipee: Great news hun!!

Hippie - Sorry about the witch shes awful isnt she!! But for me it was only actually one day of awfulness :hugs: Just think... its your last one for a VERY long time!

Wallie - YAYY for D-regging!!! Hope it flies by for you xxx

Hope everyone else is ok and hope to hear from you soon xxx

Great news for your ladies. You'll be fine with the injections. I must be a sadist of something as I quite enjoyed it!

Must go. Yoga tonight!

Hey Traskey, it wasn't me whose :witch: is late, I was bang on time though I feel like I've been hit by a truck! But thanks for letting me know that it's a good sign, that cheered me up no end :cake:
Treated myself to Chinese takeaway to cheer me up :winkwink:
Yay Samba! Like Wallie says, you'll be fine. I've been stabbing for D regs and at first doing it myself was not an option, now I hardly think about it! My stimming drugs are in a pen so probably even less scary than the Buserelin ones.
You're right, last :witch: in ages, for ALL of us! :hugs:

I've also realised that I'm now 2/3rds into down regging, wow it's gone SO quick, only 5 days to my blood test now then possibly start stimming all in less than a week :happydance:

:dust: and :hugs: to all xx

Hi Ladies

JABBING ALL DONE!!! Was much easier than I thought it was going to be but these things often are.

Here is my mixing and stabbing in pictures from my journo if anyone is interested xx

https://www.babyandbump.com/ltttc-j...eits-ivf-innit-journo-arrggghhhhhhh-2125.html

Wallie - Enjoy yoga! xxx

Hippie - Yummers Chinese!! Have fun eating all the stuff you soon wont be able to have xxx

Hi all

Good to hear all the good news! Congrats on starting the sniffing Wallie; congrats on successfully DR-ing Traskey and Samba; and congrats on the witch turning up Hippie! :hugs:

Still no sign for me, but to be honest I have no idea where I am in my cycle. My last AF was on 10th December, which would make me about a week late now, but of course I stimmed for 11 days between then and now and I don't know how much that will throw things out. They said I should have a bleed in these two weeks of down-regging again, so I guess I'll just see what happens. I don't get a blood test, just a scan, so I suppose they'll have a poke around and let me know what the score is next week.

Wow, good news from everyone, yay! :happydance: It feels like the tempo has gone up a bit now.

:witch: still hasn't turned up, I have a couple of days off now as my folks are visiting, so maybe she'll visit me too!

Hippie, I hope you feel better really soon. You're being very good about your niece, not sure I could be so generous at the mo.

Samba - what are you mixing lady? I'll have a look at those photos. Hope you don't need the vet! I think I'll be on the Gonal pen, but not sure what I'm basing that on.

Traskey, I hope work gets better soon, this is all so tiring anyway.

:hi: Sophie, how are you getting on?

Wallie, glad you've started, let the countdown begin!

:hugs: to everyone

Sophie - Hope that the witch arrives soon so you can get an idea about what is going on in there :hugs:

PG - I have to mix the Menopur myself have you got a pen??

Sorry Sophie, our posts crossed so I didn't see yours. I'm surprised the clinic isn't giving you more info, that must be difficult :flower:.

Sambatiki - I don't have my stim meds yet, but I think I'm on GonalF which is a pen. How is making them up going? I've heard good things about menopur.

In other news, :witch: has turned up, so I guess everything is going ok at the moment.

Hi ladies,

Just got my appt through today for my baseline scan, so it's on 3rd February. So just to keep sniffing until then.

I've previously been on both gonal-f and menopur. The gonal-f pen is so easy and the menopur is quite good fun when you get the hang of it. My OH liked mixing it up for me.

PG - YAYYYY for the slag bag arriving!! Hope shes not too horrid to you xxx The menopur is fine to mix up... Ive got 600ui's per vile and Im only on 150ui's per day so will actually only have to mix it another 2 times. Its really easy... it feels soooo empowering jabbing yourself.

Sophie - Roll on the 2nd Feb!!! :thumbup:

2nd jab all went well! Very headachy today, tired and irritable. Ive got my hot water bottle tonight to help the blood flow to my eggies!!

Hope everyone is ok xxx

This was in the Mail today.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...-women-better-prospects-getting-pregnant.html

I was told I have a 7% better chance of success this time when we go for 2! It's worth fighting our corner.

Interesting article Traskey, thanks for posting - although I made the mistake of reading some of the ill-informed comments below which made me :growlmad: Mind you, that's my usual response from Daily Mail articles themselves, so to get as far as the comment section without swearing is almost a win :haha:

Still no :witch: but it looks like I started spotting today so she's on her way. I was a prolific spotter in my regular cycles though - often at least a week before AF arrived (never got to the bottom of that), so I don't know whether to expect a long wait or if last 5 weeks of various amounts of hormones will make a difference. We shall see anyway - it's a good sign, whatever.

Finding that I'm getting more in the way of hot flushes and night sweats this time - also really noticing palpitations, which I haven't had since my thyroid stuff got sorted in the summer. Headaches also making an unwelcome appearance. Still, it's not forever and hopefully the :witch: will arrive in time for the scan next week!

Have had a bit of a rotten week as well - they announced redundancies at work. Not my job thankfully, but my manager and quite a few colleagues are going to have to apply for their jobs. Very sad. So tonight I'm off for a night out at the movies with my sister. Bring on the weekend :happydance:

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the weekend :hugs:

Sophie, I couldn't agree more about the Daily Mail. I found myself shouting at some of the f-/kw-;s that commented there:dohh:. Sounds like an awful week for you, hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Well that article opened up the whole debate for us again. We were going to do a self funded cycle when we found out we had NHS funding, and for that we came to the compromise with our consultant that we'd have one 5day or 2, 3 days put back, depending on the quality. Not sure we can negotiate this time as it's NHS funded and their policy is one. It's difficult because I have half the chance of them implanting than others because of my tubes. But we don't want twins because of the risks to them, me and (a minor concern) my career (I have a friend with twins, no way she can work). So we're stuck between a rock and a hard place..:wacko:

:hugs: to everyone and have a good weekend xx

PG, yay for :witch:!! :yipee:

Sophie, funnily enough I've had massive issues with spotting in the past too, for some reason it settled down by itself in the last 12 months. I even went to see a top notch gynae about it, definitely nothing to worry about but if anything it might be a sign that :witch: is lurking? Finger crossed!

Traskey thanks for the link, surely gives you some food for thought. I didn't read the comments btw! I have to agree with PG and Sophie re the Daily Mail, or Daily scum as my friends call it. Ok so 2 embryos being transferred = higher chances of a BFP. Wow whoever came up with that must be a genius! I hope they pay them well? :dohh:
I can see what they are saying about transferring 3 being by and large pointless, but let's not forget that people are very different! Some women might have specific issues with the lining of their womb or whatever, making it less likely for an implantation so perhaps a 3 or even 4 embryo transfer is their only chance?
Personally I like to believe that most clinics are clued up enough to be able to make a judgement call in the best interest of their patients' specific circumstances. Our consultant made it clear that if there are ANY frosties they put only 1 in, if no frosties they transfer 2. I've also heard that many clinics transfer 2 frosties if available & if it comes to that. I would NOT be able to give up work for financial reasons so the thought of twins frightens the life out of me. I also have a some very concrete first hand examples of twin births that ended in tears, so given a choice I'd get 1 embryo transferred but then I am fully aware that I'm saying this because it's my first IVF and I'm pretty confident it will go well. If my circumstances were different I would most definitely have a different opinion.
What I'm trying to say is: I think it's important to listen to our consulants rather than getting brainwashed by the media or getting hung up on our own fears and what if's.

Anyway, you've no ideas how much of this post I've had to re-write to try and not get too political, haha!
The DM winds me up under normal circumstances, being Buserelined off my head doesn't help!!! Lol.

Samba, sorry about the side effects, come on girl not long now! :hugs:

I've got 3 more shots before by bloods to check whether I'm all down regged. Can't believe it's gone so quick already! Hope everyone feels the best they can and enjoy the week-end everybody! :hugs:

Oh and Sophie, so sorry about your work situation. I've had all that TWICE in the last 2 years. My job disappeared twice! I was lucky that my employer doesn't do compulsory redundancies and I eventually managed to land a job at the same pay grade, but the uncertaincy is horrible. Also many of my colleagues weren't as lucky as me and it's just not nice at all :nope:!
Hope it gets sorted out & things don't get too awful for you, last thing you need really! :hugs: xx

Hi ladies, I hope I didn't cause conflict with the article, I just thought i'd share as we'd been discussing the 1/2 issues. As for the comments that people made, it was exactly the same a few months ago when the 3 goes on the NHS issue came up again. I was just about to start my first IVF, it was all over the news and they were talking to people on the street about whether it should be allowed. Let's just say that it was obvious many people had never had a fertility issue in their lives and were horrendously ignorant! I got so riled up that DH made me turn the news off :haha:

Anway, stabbing is going fine. Have a permanent headache, not matter how much I drink (and i'm drinking loads) as i'm so thirsty. It's all good though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->